Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Tires?

davidg

I need 4 new tires and notice KwikFit have got a deal on, so here are my options (195/45V16):

Pirelli P zero Nero

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 MFS

Continental Conti-Sport

Haven't got a clue which are best, they're all about 60 a corner.

Cheers

Not sure about any of those I'm afraid :unsure: .. I've got Toyo Proxes thought and they are wicked, I'd not get any others now I've had these... they handle brilliantly xx

Well Toyota have just phoned me to say that my Bridgestone B391's shouldn't really be slicks and that I need new tyres...

From the choice they had I've opted for Goodyears - I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Upto now I've always had the B391's fitted as I naively thought they would be the best since they were the OEM tyre so it shouldn't take me long to decide if they are any better or worse.

Strangely enough I've always found the Rotherham Toyota dealership to be much cheaper than anywhere else on tyres so these should be costing me £43 a corner but my tyres are much smaller than yours (175x65xR14).

hmm, ive already got a couple of those dunlops so i might stick with them. the proxes t1r's have a similar tread pattern and theyre a few pounds cheaper online but i'd have to pay extra to get them fitted. cant be bothered to faff about. i hate kwikfit though, last time i went there to get my exhaust fixed the lift broke and my car was stuck up there all day...

Can highly recommend the Goodyear F1s had them on both yaris. great tyre, out performs the T1-R in the wet.

I've realised my feedback will be no use, my tyres are a different size to yours and I've had Goodyear GT-2E's fitted which aren't on your list. Sorry about that, I obviously had a brain !Removed! at dinnertime.

I need 4 new tires and notice KwikFit have got a deal on, so here are my options (195/45V16):

Pirelli P zero Nero

Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3

Dunlop SP Sport 9000 MFS

Continental Conti-Sport

Haven't got a clue which are best, they're all about 60 a corner.

Cheers

Iv ordered new alloys, and have ordered the Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres with them. Iv been researching my tyres the past few days before I placed the order. Dunlops are what I had previously. EXCELLENT handling!! However, they do wear out a bit quick, may have just been the way i drive :unsure: Anyway, from the research iv been conducting the past few days I would choose either Continental Cont-Sport 2 or the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. :thumbsup:

All the (2) cars in our house have the Goodyears on, great tyre. Mine are about £50 a corner for the Yaris, hubby's are about £150 for the Z :lol: .

Hi, in truth they are all top line brands and should all be very good, I have tried the Conti Sports, Pirreli P6000 Drago's and Eagle F1's on my Clio Sport, they were both good but I'd give the Conti's the slight edge as an all round tyre. Equally I had Eagle F1's and Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST's on my Civic Type R, the Dunlops were awesome, much better than the OE Bridgestone Potenza's, the Goodyears were ok but not ultimately as grippy as the Dunlops wet or dry, but slightly more progressive on the limit. Like I say they are all good tyres, kind of depends how you drive. I have Dunlop SP SPort 01's on my Yaris T Sport at the mo and whilst they were fab in the summer and better weather, they have struggled in the recent cold weather (Below 8 degrees C). The Dunlop 9000's have a high silica content so are generally very good in the wet and cold weather. I reckon I'd go for the Dunlops or Conti's personally.

Hope this helps.

Yumma

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links