Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

B30 Biodiesel

Craig69

I've done a quick search of the forums and read a bit about the pro's and cons of biodiesel but just want to know if anyone has been running their Yaris on B30 biodiesel.

My local Morrisons has started to sell it. There's no price advantage over normal diesel but I wondered if people were seeing any real mpg improvements.

I checked with my local Toyota to see if I could run it but they predictably declined to comment on it.

Thanks,

Craig69

Here is Toyota's position

A number of Centres and Customers are enquiring on the suitability of ‘Bio Diesel’, Fatty

Acid Methyl Ester (FAME) Fuels in Toyota vehicles.

Toyota will support the use of Bio-Diesel (FAME) as a maximum 5% blend with “normal”

(mineral based) Diesel in vehicles produced after January 2003.

Bio Diesel used in Toyota vehicles must comply with EN14214 / EN590

Note: EN590 European standard for Diesel fuel currently allows for up to a 5% Bio Diesel

(FAME) content, therefore no additional FAME content can be added.

I also have a joint statement from most of the diesel componant manufacturers, but it is too large to post up. PM me with an email address if anybody wants a copy (3mb file size)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Parts-King.

At least now I know where I stand were I to start using it. To be honest though there would have to be a huge plus side to it given that there's no finacial incentive and the B30 is way ahead of what Toyota will approve.

Got an email come round work to all the guys with company cars, basically saying that using bio-diesel on any car other than Vauxhall and citroen will void the manufacturers warranty...

Got an email come round work to all the guys with company cars, basically saying that using bio-diesel on any car other than Vauxhall and citroen will void the manufacturers warranty...

Correct!

Modern high pressure pumps and injectors do not like Biodiesel, many on here run their cars on it, but come the day the pump goes faulty, you will need to pay for any repairs :wacko:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links