Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Want A Yaris!

Frazza

so after 6 long long agonising months of driving a 1.2 corsa b , my years no claims will be in and its time to think about a new car! was unsure what to get untill about 20 minutes ago when i saw a picture of a modified yaris ( looked well tidy).

basically im just wondering :

1) how much yaris' are going for generaly

2)what sized engines can you get

3)also looking for owners opinions on them

Drove a 1.1 vvti for a few years and its well quick for its size. Was a yaris T3 in black, lots of toys for such a small car, trip/fuel computer, digi dash, lecky windows.

Good build quality and better than most for its size and price.

Check Parkers Guide and Auto Trader and get a feel for what it out there, with the 'credit crunch' its pretty much a buyers market.

Are you after a T-Sport?

Loads of modding options and look great with rims and lowered.

I recommend greatly.

Hi there... good call on the Yaris, I also drove a Corsa before switching to me beloved T-Sport and its the best decision I made.

The car is perfect for me because I need something quick and nippy and its got a 1.5 litre engine (I'm a journalist so if I'm needed somewhere, I've got to be there fast) A while ago I had the car in for the wheel bearings and was given a 1.1 Yaris for the day while it was being fixed.... hated it! put my foot down and it didnt seem to move so I've got to disagree with the above comment. I think thats because I'm used to having something quicker but I really didnt like it.

I've seen some really good looking T-sports having seen how they can be modified. I wouldnt do it myself because I think the car looks good as standard anyway. Got the car a few years ago and paid 5k for it, probably worth 3/3.5k now but I've seen them cheaper.

Would thoroughly recommend a T-Sport

The 1.1 was way quicker than an equal sized engine on another car, you had to rev it for the vvti benefit. As I have the MR2 I'm used to alot more power but it still had enough guts to get me to Scotland every other weekend with confidence to overtake on the twisty roads.

All in a diddy engine!

i'm also looking and i'm gonna go for the T-sport, but i'll probably put SR wheels on it as I like them, just until I can afford to put larger aftermarket rims on

SR rims are the nicest, wouldnt bother putting aftermarket on!

Very true mate!! For standard wheels, the SR rims are the nicest i've seen. B) .....Was thinking of getting mine powder coated gloss black....Opinions?? ;)

don't do it, black alloys are only for chavs, no offence to anyone out there with black alloys, its just my opinion, leave them silver :D

don't do it, black alloys are only for chavs, no offence to anyone out there with black alloys, its just my opinion, leave them silver :D

Actually I'm extremely tempted to get some black wheels on my 05 T Sport. I think if the correct choice is made it won't look chavey at all, quite tasteful in my opinion. I have a thunder grey T Sport though, which I think would suit black wheels better than any other colour available for the T Sport.

I had my SR rims sprayed gunmetal which was very nice and a thunder grey t sport does go well with black wheels!

Mite be cos i'm old, but i've never been a fan of black rims, I put them on my Rover 200 and took them off after a week, lol, I like grey alloys on bright red cars, and light Silver on darker cars or silver cars

• 2 weeks later...
Mite be cos i'm old, but i've never been a fan of black rims, I put them on my Rover 200 and took them off after a week, lol, I like grey alloys on bright red cars, and light Silver on darker cars or silver cars

enough said

lol

im not a fan of black rims either, but white would be nice on pretty much any colour i reckon, hard to keep clean tho :rolleyes:

i have the stock alloys (6 spoke) on my blue t sport and they look great, just need refinished as the finish is starting to go, i think this happens to all toyota alloys, or so i read lol

thinking long n hard about refinishing in white, its same price

but back to the original question;

i just changed to t sport from my 1.2 clio.....

omg its such a difference, but i would imagine insurance will still be pretty expensive for u. i have 2 years no claims bonus and its costing me £1175, but ill try get it down before i renew in march

maybe go for the 1.3 vvti?

t sport is hawt tho ;D

omg u paying how much!! im paying 750 on my tsport as 1st driver (im only 21 and got 0 no claims) but could b cos i got my dad as 2nd driver.

i would thoroughly recommend a tsport, just make sure the brake discs/pads arent gone or going, the suspesions ok and the back seats fold flat - all common faults with the yaris.

omg its such a difference, but i would imagine insurance will still be pretty expensive for u. i have 2 years no claims bonus and its costing me £1175, but ill try get it down before i renew in march

t sport is hawt tho ;D

I purchased my 2008 Yaris the end of October and I love it. I live in Missouri and worried about the ice and snow and I also live in the country and travel some on gravel roads. I also travel distances for work and worried about the pick up on the highway. I admit I have not been disappointed and I love this car. I always get a five speed with smaller engines for several reasons. It allows you more control on bad roads that are slic or ice. It also is cheaper insurance and gives you more pick up on the speed.

This car handles like a little sports car with the five speed and no problem merging into highway traffic at all and keeping up. Does fine on the gravel and the slick roads. It is fun and had more room than I really imagined for hauling things. I got mine through Car Max which is the absolute best way to buy a car. You get on line and pick the color, year, model and details you want. They deliver it to the closest car max and they even get the tags for you and do a review of the car, test drive and inspection before they hand it over. By far the best experience I have had purchasing a car and I do love the car too. It is a win win deal. My mileage is about 39. Hope this helps

so after 6 long long agonising months of driving a 1.2 corsa b , my years no claims will be in and its time to think about a new car! was unsure what to get untill about 20 minutes ago when i saw a picture of a modified yaris ( looked well tidy).

basically im just wondering :

1) how much yaris' are going for generaly

2)what sized engines can you get

3)also looking for owners opinions on them

Sorry I also forgt to mention the price is anywhere from $11,000 to $14,000 or so. Most of them come with bare essentials but I did choose one with electric windows and doors and I had cruise and keyless entry added after I got it. Mine was around $13,000 I think and my payment is $299 so that is great. This is the firt time I have had a car payment in 10 years so wanted to keep it minimal.

omg u paying how much!! im paying 750 on my tsport as 1st driver (im only 21 and got 0 no claims) but could b cos i got my dad as 2nd driver.

i would thoroughly recommend a tsport, just make sure the brake discs/pads arent gone or going, the suspesions ok and the back seats fold flat - all common faults with the yaris.

t sport is hawt tho ;D