Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Deal On Colour Collection?

Hustler29

Just wondering if I have found a good deal on a 2005 (05) 5dr 1.3L Colour Collection (05) with air con as an added extra. Used approved at £4987.

The AA website (uses Glass's and CAP values) suggest a value of £5,195 fro ma dealer for just the Colour Collection and no A/C, so sounds good to me.

What do you think?

Thanks Ian.

I have put a deposit on the car to secure it but I've just looked at pictures of the interior and the trim looks dirty and scuffed.

I cannot copy the picture from the All Approved Cars website but if you search the cars at Benfield Wakefield you should find it (it's Eclipse Black)

I wonder if it's been in an accident previously, hence the cheaper than usual price?

If you're that worried about it being in an accident then do an HPi check yourself. Regarding prices, the AA website isn't ever that accurate so although in your eyes £200 under book looks great (??) it's probably all its worth. All I can say is haggle hard, especially so in the current market place. You'll no doubt get a better deal going for a private sale, but it depends how much you want the 12 month warranty.

And why put a deposit on a car before you've decided you're happy with it (i.e. the scruffy interior)?

Hi

Didn't know about quality until inspected pictures on website. The dealer says the picture was taken before the car was actually cleaned etc by Toyota before being put on the market.

The price is very good for what is offered, especially with the added benefits from a Toyota centre.

Went to see another car today - being sold through a trader for a woman who worked there. Not her name on V5, the couple aren't married etc.... quite a few things that would make you think twice and walk away. Drive wasn't as good as I'd had at Toyota dealers when trying their cars. Service book had 3 stamps but one wasn't dated and the mileage wasn't recorded. HPI check said that when transferred in May 2008, car had covered 16,000 miles but MOT certificate stated 11,500.

Just niggly stuff really.

Lovely car to drive. Main problem I've got is a nasty squeaking noise coming from the back. Not sure what it is. Tried the suspension but no noises from that.

It sounds like something inside the car squeaking away but can't pinpoint it.

Driving me mad!

Lovely car to drive. Main problem I've got is a nasty squeaking noise coming from the back. Not sure what it is. Tried the suspension but no noises from that.

It sounds like something inside the car squeaking away but can't pinpoint it.

Driving me mad!

I think that could be the hatchback lock mechanism which requires lightly greasing.................It is known to squeak if it is dry.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I think that could be the hatchback lock mechanism which requires lightly greasing.................It is known to squeak if it is dry.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice. Will try it. I just need to use vaseline or something like that?

It doesn't happen all the time. Tends to be when going over rougher surfaces but it sounds like metal on metal so a good shout.

Another thing worth checking is the back under the boot, where the spare-wheel is.

When I bought mine, I occasionally noticed a scraping noise and the sound of stones sliding around from somewhere in the back; When I opened it up to take a look, I found a whole load of grit, twigs and sand in and around the spare-wheel bay. The scraping sound turned out to be from the jack, which had not been secured properly and was rubbing against its bracket and the plastic cover!

Toyota evidently don't check that part of the car when they clean it :(

lol sorry i find this thread really funny, you asked if it was a good deal but put a deposit down anyways. You said about the drive being crap and then said its lovely to drive. You questioned alot f things about the car but bought it anyways. lolol

from what you have said i would seriously get it checked

lol sorry i find this thread really funny, you asked if it was a good deal but put a deposit down anyways. You said about the drive being crap and then said its lovely to drive. You questioned alot f things about the car but bought it anyways. lolol

from what you have said i would seriously get it checked

Lei Lei

I think you have misread somewhere. I did not buy the car that didn't drive well or that I had concerns about. That particular car was being sold by a trader on behalf of a private seller.

I bought a car with the same spec with 32K on the clock from a Toyota dealership.

We have greased the boot lock mechanism and fiddled with the jack and all is now fine. It was serviced and MOTd before being delivered to me by Toyota.

Thanks.

One good thing about getting it from Toyota is it'll have a full 12 month warrenty rather than the 6 or even none you can get from elsewhere. The peace of mind is nice to have!

Anyway, welcome to the legions of Yaris owners, and enjoy the car! It is a good one! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links