Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Polish Out Scratchs On Yaris?

caveman_si

The Gfs 52 plate yaris that dark metalic green has a few scratch. Most if not all I think will polish out.

Its been a while (a good 5yrs) since ive polished a car can anyone give me a quick run down?

Also some polish and wax recomendations would be good too as im guessing theres better stuff then the old T-cut i used last time.

Cheers Si

I cannot recall who makes it but get down to your local supplier and buy the coloured polish.... there is one that is green and a friend of mine who uses it and gets very good results :yes:

I cannot recall who makes it but get down to your local supplier and buy the coloured polish.... there is one that is green and a friend of mine who uses it and gets very good results :yes:

Did you mean Turtle? I've heard good comments on it too.

turtlewax2.jpg

Done alot of work to fixer-uppers in the past including restoring paint and scratches. Best stuff Ive come across ( and you will be AMAZED) is meguirs sonus sfx-1. Get it online at various places if you search. And the proper pad (i dont have a machine I buffed all my paint out by hand) doesnt cost much at all 1-2 gbp. think about 16 for the compound.

Its magic. Within about 30 back n forth motions you would have small-medium sized scratches out. Bit more for scuffing.

Danger with all compounds is it cuts the existing paintwork so be sure your panel hasnt had a cheap spray job in the past. But I really cant recommend this stuff enough a million times better then tcut or turtle wax. Its stopped my need for touchup paints in id say 90 percent of cases

• 1 year later...

Dodo Juice Lime Prime is supposed to be good...I've been using SRP but just ordered a bottle of LP to try next time I clean the car.