Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance Brake Pads

B3rtie

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether the above brake pads are available for the Avensis (f+R)? I have had no luck finding details from any web supplier and understand they are roughly equivalent to EBC Green Stuff, perhaps performing better.

I would also be interested to hear of anyone's experiences with performance-orientated brake material (pads and discs) other than the above. In particular experience of resistance to fade, performance at higher than normal temperatures and recovery from harsh usage.

Many thanks

Cheers, R

I Had these pads in a Primera GT after the standard ones kept going up in smoke. Never had any further problems with fading and smoking, but they never had much initial bite.

Wasn't that impressed with the brakes on the GT anyway to be honest, but yeah the Mintex 1144 pads were ok I guess.

Dunno if they would be available for the Avensis, they werent exactly off the peg for the Primera but I got a motorsport company to custom make them. And no, sorry, I can't remember who it was.

hi,

thanks for the info. very useful

I was going t to call mintex direct this week but work commitments meant I didn't. I did call Demon tweeks however who only had EBC due to 'low demand' - I guess people don't mess with the way Mr T have created the Avensis! i also called k300 in the Manchester area who couldn't be bothered to call me back.

I will probably go with new Toyota discs with green stuff pads as i have had good results with them.

the other thing I notice is that if all of these performance pads etc are so good (some claim to be rated the best in this or that magazine), why are there so few details and specifications or results from such tests?

Proven information from themabout resistance to heat, fade and actual stopping times would be good.