Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

R Reg Avensis

Mastiff

Hi all :)

This is my first post.

I belong to the Toyota Celica forum as own a 90 GT-4.

Im thinking about buying an R reg Avensis estate from a friend to use for work and to take my German Shepherds about in. Its a 2.0 Turbo Diesel. I have not even bought it and want to know......... can it be chipped?

I know the VW TDI's can be chipped and make great improvment on the cars performance, but I know pretty much nothing on Toyota TD's.

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Haylands: They are excellent

Personally, I would be worried about buying a product, where the English/Grammer were as good as what it is like

ABSOLUTELY ANEW the fuel consumption sink by 1.5 litres on 100 km.

:lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Haylands: They are excellent

Personally, I would be worried about buying a product, where the English/Grammer were as good as what it is like

ABSOLUTELY ANEW the fuel consumption sink by 1.5 litres on 100 km.

:lol:

Hi

Well I know what you mean but it doesn't have to speak the Queens English to talk to my fuel rail, it definately works and is 1/3rd the price of many closer, with better grammer, sellers..............

Pete

He has 618 positive feedbacks in the last 12 months and 11 negative the last by someone complaining about having to send it back to Bulgaria and not Germany where he says he is, he refunded that person in full including the return postage.

That still leaves 98.6% good......

He also has numerious feedback from people who have recieved a refund because it didn't work for them, but we now know it does work for Toyota because I've tried it....

I corresponded with him over several issues and got quick concise and helpful replies.....

Pay via paypal and use your credit card, as the payment will be over £100 you automatically get insurance from the credit card.... (not DEBIT card)

So all in all pretty risk free

Pete

He has 618 positive feedbacks in the last 12 months and 11 negative the last by someone complaining about having to send it back to Bulgaria and not Germany where he says he is, he refunded that person in full including the return postage.

That still leaves 98.6% good......

He also has numerious feedback from people who have recieved a refund because it didn't work for them, but we now know it does work for Toyota because I've tried it....

I corresponded with him over several issues and got quick concise and helpful replies.....

Pay via paypal and use your credit card, as the payment will be over £100 you automatically get insurance from the credit card.... (not DEBIT card)

So all in all pretty risk free

Pete

Exactly right, all I said was to check it out before you decide. If you're happy to buy from him, then go ahead. As long as you are aware of ALL the facts including the negative and neutral comments. The fact that he is actually in Bulgaria and pretending to be in Germany is to fool people into thinking they are buying German engeneering as it is a tad more appealing than Bulgarian.

If you are happy to buy, fine. I am merely excercising a note of caution.

We also sell chip kits, but not at £100. Basically you have two types of kit, Our chip kit units work by lengthening the opening time of the injectors and do not remove any of the manufacturers safety limits on the engine, the units run within manufacturers tolerances and therefore pose no danger of damage to engine or gearbox , service intervals remain unchanged .The units are fully electronic (microprocessor controlled) cheap products are available on places like eBay but these use resistors costing less than 10 pence, they are unreliable and will likely cause damage to the car as they simply fool the cars computer into thinking the engine is running cold which causes over-fuelling even at idle. This is not possible with our electronic units as they constantly monitor the fuel load to the injectors and can work out the vehicle revs and engine load in relation, our units do not increase fuelling until the engine is under load and the turbo charger starting to produce boost, power will also drop back to almost standard at high rpm to avoid engine damage at high revs

I'm not trying to poo poo this kit, if you are happy with it, you cant say fairer than that! but the kits three times the price are not just extra profit for the seller, they are more expensive because of the type of product they are

We also sell chip kits, but not at £100. Basically you have two types of kit, Our chip kit units work by lengthening the opening time of the injectors and do not remove any of the manufacturers safety limits on the engine, the units run within manufacturers tolerances and therefore pose no danger of damage to engine or gearbox , service intervals remain unchanged .The units are fully electronic (microprocessor controlled) cheap products are available on places like Ebay but these use resistors costing less than 10 pence, they are unreliable and will likely cause damage to the car as they simply fool the cars computer into thinking the engine is running cold which causes over-fuelling even at idle. This is not possible with our electronic units as they constantly monitor the fuel load to the injectors and can work out the vehicle revs and engine load in relation, our units do not increase fuelling until the engine is under load and the turbo charger starting to produce boost, power will also drop back to almost standard at high rpm to avoid engine damage at high revs

I'm not trying to poo poo this kit, if you are happy with it, you cant say fairer than that! but the kits three times the price are not just extra profit for the seller, they are more expensive because of the type of product they are

Kingo

I understand what you say, I don't THINK this one is just a cheap resistor as when I did the back to back comparisons it was just after xmas and it was -2c I'm presuming it wouldn't fool the ecu that it's any colder than that or do I not know what I'm talking about!!!

Pete

I honestly dont know what your kit is made up of Pete, I did a lot of research on chip kits before I started selling them, and there is a huge price hike on the micro processor type kits. On a long term basis, these kits are far better for your car

Hi

Took the box apart today and found this

It is an extruded aluminium box with two detachable ends that are fully rubber sealed, it is kept together by star drive capped screws.

22012009122.jpg

22012009123.jpg

To my untrained eye (I'm better with mechanics than electronics) it does look like it is a microprocessor controlled device with jumper pins for calibration....

Anyone any thoughts please let me know...

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links