Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto-lock Feature For Doors On Avensis

meredithr@absa.co.za

I own a 2008 Avensis 2.0 manual (see attached). Can the auto-lock feature (a code programmed in by the dealers which automatically locks all the doors and unlocks it by turning the ignition key on or off) for the doors be activated on this model? I've had this feature programmed in on my previous Toyota (140i RunX Sport - photo attached). If yes, can the same be done to auto power up the windows when engaging the alarm with the remote?

post-63885-1232541854_thumb.jpg

post-63885-1232541984_thumb.jpg

I own a 2008 Avensis 2.0 manual (see attached). Can the auto-lock feature (a code programmed in by the dealers which automatically locks all the doors and unlocks it by turning the ignition key on or off) for the doors be activated on this model? I've had this feature programmed in on my previous Toyota (140i RunX Sport - photo attached). If yes, can the same be done to auto power up the windows when engaging the alarm with the remote?

Sorry, can't help you there. For interest's sake, when did the Avensis become available in South Africa? By the way, the RunX is the Corolla hatchback in the UK (and probably the rest of the world).

Sorry, can't help you there. For interest's sake, when did the Avensis become available in South Africa? By the way, the RunX is the Corolla hatchback in the UK (and probably the rest of the world).

It became available in 2006. The RunX was also replaced last year by the Auris (Toyota's ugliest car yet! - see photo).

post-63885-1232545238_thumb.jpg

Well I for one like the sound of the auto lock feature and the auto window close feature too. Wonder if anyone else on here knows if this ca be done. Especially to a 2004 T3-X

;)

Hi there

I am also from SA and have owned a 2006 Avensis auto. I purchased this from Halfway Toyota Fourways Johannesburg. The autolock feature cannot be programmed on the Avensis, the dealer sent the vehicle to a auto electrician with a accessory fitted so that when i start the vehicle, it automatically locks all the doors.

Chat to Halfway toyota - Fourways, they will assist or refer you to a dealer in Cape Town.

I now own a 2006 2.2d Avensis, but this not bother to get the auto lock feature done on my vehicle.

Cheers

AGS

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links