Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Condensation

PDT

Hi,

I am getting very bad condensation on my rear screen. I've seen all the posts on leaks into the boot, but the spare wheel bay and the bays either side are dry.

The boot carpet seems slightly damp on the passenger side and all along the rear edge of the carpet. Is this a water leak or could it be the condensation dripping down from the rear screen?

If it is the condensation dripping, how can I prevent the condensation in the first place? The car is 2 years old, average mileage, would it require a new pollen filter this soon? Would a dirty pollen filter only affect the rear screen?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

I am getting very bad condensation on my rear screen. I've seen all the posts on leaks into the boot, but the spare wheel bay and the bays either side are dry.

The boot carpet seems slightly damp on the passenger side and all along the rear edge of the carpet. Is this a water leak or could it be the condensation dripping down from the rear screen?

If it is the condensation dripping, how can I prevent the condensation in the first place? The car is 2 years old, average mileage, would it require a new pollen filter this soon? Would a dirty pollen filter only affect the rear screen?

Thanks for any advice.

Sounds more like a water leak. As for the pollen filter, not sure on Mr T's period for changing but I change them every year on all cars. Theres an awful lot of crap gets sucked in through the heater intake.

Hi,

Thanks for any advice.

hello mate

as to mine then i would say the following:

the rear glass is deffinitely fogged close to +3C and it is due to bad internal air circulation (due to head restraints and the height of seats), as i deem.

for sure the remedy is to switch climate control both with heating and A/C ON. the A/C dries internal air and prevents condensation. yes correct the air filter must be clean or such.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links