Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Can I Get A Fault Found For Free?

The Game

Hi

I have a few sounds coming from my 52 Yaris 1.0L. Couple of local mechanics have been unable to find the cause.

In the past i have taken it to the dealer for a diagnosis which they did for free, not sure if they would do that again?

Anywhere i can go for a free estimate and diagnosis??

thanks in advance for your suggestions

Hi

I have a few sounds coming from my 52 Yaris 1.0L. Couple of local mechanics have been unable to find the cause.

In the past i have taken it to the dealer for a diagnosis which they did for free, not sure if they would do that again?

Anywhere i can go for a free estimate and diagnosis??

thanks in advance for your suggestions

When you say "Sounds" what kind of sounds? Grumbling from the wheels, squeeky brakes, rattly engine?? :huh:

As for the diagnostic's, well i think you would have to pay to have a fault diagnosed...

I had my 01 Accord in the dealers over xmas because the EML light was on and the car was idling badly. Cost me £60 just to have the fault diagnosed.

You can buy diagnostic equipment on e-bay to plug in your car and check any fault code it comes up with.

The noise is a rattelling sound when moving off and steering to the right. Sound is like an old train clattering on tracks.

The sound does not happen when it is a smooth right (i.e roundabout), but always happens when at a give way and turning right from a standing or slow moving start.

Couple of local cheap garages have not been able to detect what exactly causing the noise.

Got a mobile mechanic coming out to fix the noise which is being caused by the nearside CV Boot joint. Its damaged apparently.

• 1 month later...

hi i work for a toyota dealer and its very common for the air intake box to rattle under load ie. when taking off, engine labouring ect.

wot to do is to remove the airbos from the main part on the engine, and remove the 10mm bolt on the front cross member. dissasembel the air box in to ywo sections and apply about 2-3 layers of electrical tape to them. this will stop that from ratteling as it is common.

write back once you have tried it to see if it worked

cheers

stevie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links