Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xenon Light Bulbs

yas1230

Hi,

i have a avensis 2.0 d4d, 04 plate. Ive been told that you cant use xenon light bulbs in them as it burns the inside of the head lamps, because its made of plastic. is this true?

Hi,

i have a avensis 2.0 d4d, 04 plate. Ive been told that you cant use xenon light bulbs in them as it burns the inside of the head lamps, because its made of plastic. is this true?

This is not true - xenon bulbs are cold (or almost - they still produce some heat, but are way cooler than regular halogen lamps) so if a xenon bulb is going to damage a plastic headlight, then the halogen one will burn it to the ground! I used to drive an Opel (Vauxhall) Tigra with plastic headlights and bi-xenon - separate HID kits for low and high beams, so total of 4 bulbs and if high beams were on, so were low (they don't turn off unlike halogen bulbs) and the headlights were totally fine and almost cold.

Hi,

This is not true - xenon bulbs are cold (or almost - they still produce some heat, but are way cooler than regular halogen lamps) so if a xenon bulb is going to damage a plastic headlight, then the halogen one will burn it to the ground! I used to drive an Opel (Vauxhall) Tigra with plastic headlights and bi-xenon - separate HID kits for low and high beams, so total of 4 bulbs and if high beams were on, so were low (they don't turn off unlike halogen bulbs) and the headlights were totally fine and almost cold.

thanks Auris

anyone got any info on this.

That is incorrect info you have been givern. HID kits can be installed on almost any car.

Regards

To yas1230,

I think you may find the lighting kit your after is a HID kit rather than xenon. I purchased a kit last year from well known company on the net, not from eBay.

Have had no trouble what so ever, completely transformed crap dipped beams, can actually see my way now & projector style lights have not melted

See PM for company name. Check as to legality of various kits if you decide to contact company.

Regards, Beagh.

• 4 months later...

sorry mate could you pm the site i try to pm you but apparently im not authorized to pm other users ??

cheers

To supaburger,

I won't post website address, as a lot of the anoraks on here get very hot on the subject of h/light regulations ie: unless the EEC says its alright, don't do it. The phone number is 0044 844 884 2600, give them a call & they will give you website details. Have had mine for over 2 years now & not a bother. I think you can guess by the name which country i live in, bit more of a laid back attitude.

All the best, Beagh.

PS: Check your settings, i am unable to send you a PM. Just a tip, the higher the bulb rating, the more of a blue tinge you will have, around 5000k will give you a pure white light.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links