Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.8 Sr Question

cbzcbz

A friend at work has one which I have had a good look and play with, around town he is getting 35mpg. It looks a much bigger car than my T Sport and feels solid. The heavy doors close with a reassuring clunk, the illuminated dials look great. All in all a real great car just wish I could afford one :(

Thanks for that TVOR, was just curious. Just been out for short town drive and got 38 mpg.

I'd have to agree, they are solidly built. I part ex'd a Fabia vRS and you can feel the difference in build quality. I just wish I didn't keep feeling the ignition for the keys when I get home :D :unsure:

I liked them T-sports. I bought the old shape SR years ago and would have had a T-sport if they did a 5 door. Great cars! :)

Obviously like most cars they are more economical on a run, but in my opinion 35/38mpg around town is pretty good. Does yours have the rear tinted glass? Looks really good, I haven’t driven one as he won’t let have a drive in it for some reason! It is the ultimate Yaris, maybe in a couple of years when they come down in price I may get a chance of owning one. Saying that they are rarer than T Sports!

Mine hasn't got rear tinted glass, not that I've noticed anyway lol :) It looks great in Vivid Blue though :) The only thing I miss about my old Yaris is the 3d digital dash. The Analogue dials in the new SR are ok, but wished it wasn't orange!

Yes, Sr 1.8s are rare. Mind you, I haven't seen many T-sports around either. We have rare breeds of Yaris lol :D

I did consider an Astra SRI 150 diesel, but thought they looked a bit dull, and there very common, and wasn't sure about relying on an italian diesel engine lol :D

Out of interest why did you get rid of the Fabia vRS? Just age of car? I imagine the vRS packed a lot more punch than the SR. Only asking as I'm was once very tempted to move from the t-sport to one of those.

Thanks, was just curious to what other peeps are getting mpg-wise. Mines now dropped to 31.5 thanks to the snow, but 35 around town in normal conditions will do me :) Might try some superunleaded to see how it runs on that. Any of you guys tried superunleaded in your Yarii? :)

Out of interest why did you get rid of the Fabia vRS? Just age of car? I imagine the vRS packed a lot more punch than the SR. Only asking as I'm was once very tempted to move from the t-sport to one of those.

The Fabia vRS had loads of punch and was great on fuel, but suffered door leaks (which caused smell of damp inside & condensation), a leaky intercooler, seats bubbling up after 36k miles, boot mechanism jammed once so couldn't open boot at all, uncomfortable to me, and general build quality not as good as a Toyota in my opinion. If you're going to get one, make sure you check :-

Check all doors for water leaks (usually has a wet carpet inside, or the bottom 3 inches of the door card will be wet)

Some are prone to front suspension problems (knocking sounds) (Mine didn't)

After 18 months of hassle and 8 failed attempts by the dealer to fix problems, I bit the bullet and bought a Toyota :) I hope you find this info useful :)