Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming Key Fobs

acbreeze

Toyota Verso 2004 onwards

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help with programming a new remote control for a Verso 2004 onwards shape. I have bought a new remote from the internet as we have lost the spare one and need to programme it. The Verso fob only has a lock and unlock buttons and plug into the dash with a seperate start button.

Many Thanks

Toyota Verso 2004 onwards

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help with programming a new remote control for a Verso 2004 onwards shape. I have bought a new remote from the internet as we have lost the spare one and need to programme it. The Verso fob only has a lock and unlock buttons and plug into the dash with a seperate start button.

Many Thanks

You will almost certainly need to go via a dealer and you will need proof of ownership and ID, etc. And they will charge main delaer prices as well, of course...

• 4 weeks later...

Will need to programme for central locking and the immobiliser. Dealer shouldnt charge any more than half hour labour.

• 7 years later...

Hi

I have a 2005 Toyota Corolla Verso T2 VVTi and our dealer wants over £80 for a key and an hours labour for programming.

Having seen the PCB inside the existing key and being an electronics engineer I can assure you its nothing special.

Sure, dealers have to make a profit, I accept that but not by ripping folk off !

A quick search on e-bay confirms my suspicions with a brand new key-fob being readily available for £18.99 all in.

So now the challenge how do you program it ?   Has anyone solved the problem since this thread started???

Regards

ZZR

£18.99??? :eek:

That can't be for real; Either it is a second hand one or there is something wrong with it.

AFAIK new blank remote fobs can only be gotten directly from Toyota and they are not cheap...

As for coding them... With their older cars there is a procedure involving turning the key x number of times and pressing the accelerator y number of times etc. but I wasn't able to find a procedure for the Verso.

TBH, since it is a one-off thing, I'd just get Toyota to do it.

It might be possible to do it on the cheap but I tried with my Yaris and I wasted a whole load of time, hassle and annoyance, and only saved a tenner at the end of the day, and even then we had to bodge it!

• 1 month later...

A bit old post but... I lost one of my keys a while ago (Corolla Verso 2005). Keys are covered in my insurance policy. Called them, they organised a new key from Toyota to be sent to Timpsons where they would cut it and program it. Got there, the key was cut but needed coding by connecting some device to the cars OBD2, and then somehow programming the immobiliser with the new key. One that was done, there was a procedure of putting the key into the slot, closing and opening doors repeatedly, switching ignition on and off in between. I'm glad there was no dancing or singing because i eventually had to do it myself, as the Timpsons guy couldn't cope with it. He told me that Toyota charged my insurance company about £220 for the key/remote/fob, whatever you want to call it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links