Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

06 2.2 Dipped Lights

lil 507

After a rather demanding motorway drive as a result of poor dipped lights I decided to change the bulbs. Having followed the threads on this subject I warned my mechanic that it would be very tricky and that he would loose both his temper and the skin off his knuckles. He sourced the Philips bulbs. He fitted them whilst I waited, less than 10 mins! The bill for just under £23 arrived yesterday, no labour charge! The change is amazing! He is prepared to do 'masterclasses' for Toyota garages.

wonder if they changed these for the 2007 model?

I've read all these complaints but mine doesn't seem bad (can always be better though).

After a rather demanding motorway drive as a result of poor dipped lights I decided to change the bulbs. Having followed the threads on this subject I warned my mechanic that it would be very tricky and that he would loose both his temper and the skin off his knuckles. He sourced the Philips bulbs. He fitted them whilst I waited, less than 10 mins! The bill for just under £23 arrived yesterday, no labour charge! The change is amazing! He is prepared to do 'masterclasses' for Toyota garages.

Howdy '507,

Search out my previous threads re headlight bulbs, with which I am delighted as you, only you got done a lot cheaper !!!

Look out for the following : if your mechanic has not absolutely perfectly replaced the covers on the rear of your lights, condensation will almost immediately start to form, especially at this time of year, and with the current snowy conditions in Englandshire...(aw, diddums.)

I had already reported the condensation problem, so I was getting new headlights under warranty anyway (2006 2.2 D4D).

The incorrect replacement of my rear covers greatly accelerated the condensation, and it was remarked on at time of changing them that "some muppet" had NOT PUT THEM BACK CORRECTLY.

Just thought you should be fore-armed.

Regards,

Big Kev :eek::toast:

Thanks for the advice regards covers, however I stood next to the chap as he did it and I am confident all is OK. The bulbs are Philips 80% extra power. Still v. pleased, they helped on a recent M20 trip during tricky weather conditions. Much safer!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links