Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Brake Lights Out

kieranmc

98 Avensis 2.0GLS. I had one brake light out for a while, but now it's both. I replaced the bulbs, but still not working. All other rear lights are working ok. Also, the brake light in the rear window is working fine. If it's a fuse probelm, are these brake lights on separate fuses? I've looked in the fusebox under the bonnet and can't see anything that's obvioulsy labelled as brake lights? Is the fuse in there or is there another box? Any ideas guys???

Hi

There is another fuse box behind the small drop down coin holder set in the lower right of the panel below the dash.

Found the second fuse box ok and tried replacing both the "tail" and "stop" 10A fuses. Window brake light still works but not the main rear brake lights :(

Found the second fuse box ok and tried replacing both the "tail" and "stop" 10A fuses. Window brake light still works but not the main rear brake lights :(

AFAIK all three brake lights will be on the same fuse, so if the high level is ok, the others should be. As one went first, the other at a later date but both bulbs changed at the same time, my guess is you've fitted the wrong type bulbs or even changed the wrong ones. I stress GUESS.

Double check, I have known this to happen on many occasions.