Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Or T Sport Compressor, Help!

sandy301

well hello all, just a question for all you t sport owners. im currently looking for a new car and im looking at a t sport compressor however im now pondering whether i should just get a normal t sport, i would like some views on this and any help would be appreciated. also taking into consideration that i will have to fly over to england to get one. there is currently a choice of 4 im looking at on autotrader.co.uk however i dont really want to purchase one thats already modified as two of them on autotrader are.

also if anybody would know where there is one for sale it might help.

ive a budget of around 9k sterling due to having to pay 7500euro just to bring it into ireland.

well hello all, just a question for all you t sport owners. im currently looking for a new car and im looking at a t sport compressor however im now pondering whether i should just get a normal t sport, i would like some views on this and any help would be appreciated. also taking into consideration that i will have to fly over to england to get one. there is currently a choice of 4 im looking at on autotrader.co.uk however i dont really want to purchase one thats already modified as two of them on autotrader are.

also if anybody would know where there is one for sale it might help.

ive a budget of around 9k sterling due to having to pay 7500euro just to bring it into ireland.

There was a really nice CTS-C on www.toyota.co.uk, but i think its gone now, was priced at £8k and only had 11k on the clock!!! Best to just keep a watchful eye on what comes along really. Happy hunting.

thanks for the reply, happy hunting is right, ive been hunting fot quite some time now only im not sure what to do, ive now narrowed it down to three possiblilities however there would probably be about 1500 in the price between the three.

is there much that goes wrong with the cts-c?

thanks for the reply, happy hunting is right, ive been hunting fot quite some time now only im not sure what to do, ive now narrowed it down to three possiblilities however there would probably be about 1500 in the price between the three.

is there much that goes wrong with the cts-c?

From reading some of the posts on here i would say yes, but then again the more power u have in a car the more problems its open to... although the compressor is a limited edition and the 250 that were build were put together by local dealerships (please someone correct me if im wrong) so its really pot luck, you may get one and have many happy miles with it, or you may experience one problem after the other, i was looking at either a CTS or CTS-C and tbh i think its better to get a CTS and build it up yourself cos then u can put the quality you want into an already pretty solid vechile!

Hope that helps somewhat!

I haven't driven a CTS-C, however if i didnt need 5drs i would have one. The extra torque probably improves the drive which is where the CTS is poor, it also has the 17's and looks better on the outside.

The majority of the cars on here seem to be very good except for the exhaust which seems to affect all of them, however there will always be a couple of lemons.

I can't believe they were done at dealers, i would hope they did them all at TTE in Germany, who knows.

They were built by a company called Merlin International IIRC ;)

They were built by a company called Merlin International IIRC ;)

Interesting, so they built the Compressor out of recycled steel wheels :eek::lol:

this is mint, and NOT for sale

16hulch.jpg

2cwwnti.jpg

Hoover :thumbsup:

Now that looks mint!!! :drool:

If you ever fancy selling it then my number is 0783........ only messing u got a really nice car there, i like the black n the tints, where did u get the exhaust system done?

Very Nice Hoover, i hope you have parking sensors on that splitter :lol: ;)

The compressor at Parfitts in Cardiff is mint, comes with factory fitted leather, I'd but it myself if I didn't already have one.

Bought mine at 14k now done 37k no problems. Enjoy.

The compressor at Parfitts in Cardiff is mint, comes with factory fitted leather, I'd but it myself if I didn't already have one.

Can you get 98 Ron petrol for the compressor in Ireland

huh? what do you mean by 98 ron, does it not just use normal petrol?

huh? what do you mean by 98 ron, does it not just use normal petrol?

nope has to be run on super unleaded ( like Shell V power), i have tried to PM you bout it mate

yup super unleaded came in here about a week after electricity, which arrived last year after the huge success of the written word led by the revolution that is the printed press.

texaco, Shell and maxol all sell super. maxol ONLY sells super here. its 5% biofuel and 99ron

compresor over the tsport any day, however much i love driving my t sport i would swap it and pay the extra (if i had it) for a compressor anyday, and if u can buy a nice compressor for 8k now then thats even more reason to buy one. i payed 8k for my t sport with 15k on the clock !

yup super unleaded came in here about a week after electricity, which arrived last year after the huge success of the written word led by the revolution that is the printed press.

Have you got sliced bread yet? :P :lol:

Let me put my 2c in here... :) Most people (from what I can gather) in here has either driven a normal TS or a Compressor. Very few have owned both, and it's a comparison you are really looking for, right?!

I bought my Corolla as a standard T-Sport (albeit, LHD but still the same car...) and did a compressor conversion in november, so I am quite familiar with both of them. Aside from the differences on the outside the compressor also has some chassis bracing which pretty much sums up what sets them apart not counting the obvious... ;)

Since it's pretty easy to install braces and change the appearance, the important thing in comparing the two, in my book, is engine performance, driveability and everyday usage.

Some stuff off the top of my mind:

Regular TS:

- Main Pro for me was that it was two cars in one.

- A semi-powerful 1.8 liter when you drive normally and don't rev the cr@p out of it, and a beast when you open up and hit lift @ 6200rpm

- The mileage stays descent when staying below 6200rpm, which is very walletfriendly :)

- The sensation of hitting lift is awesome and will leave a huge grin on our face every time!

- Runs on regular 95 unleaded

- Few options to increase engine performance significantly (compressor kits are about to become scubik)

Compressor:

- Lift sensation goes away, but mid-range pull is greatly increased

- Increased mid-range torque gives the car a completely different driveability and makes the need for downshifting less and better at overtaking

- Supercharger whine is like music

- Mileage is worse, but still not bad for a supercharged car

- Requires Shell V Power fuel or equivalent

- Easier to increase performance

I probably overlooked some obvious stuff here, so please feel free to add stuff to the list! :)

The only place you can get high octane from in the Republic is maxol, and not all stations sell it. Get a CTS, unless you want to put an octane boost in every time you fill. Think they are about 7 or 8 euro. You'll have no probs running the cts on 95.

Beside from reading on here the compressor are more trouble than they are worth. Has anyone had a cts-c on here that hasnt had the 3 famous lights come on??

The only place you can get high octane from in the Republic is maxol, and not all stations sell it. Get a CTS, unless you want to put an octane boost in every time you fill. Think they are about 7 or 8 euro. You'll have no probs running the cts on 95.

Beside from reading on here the compressor are more trouble than they are worth. Has anyone had a cts-c on here that hasnt had the 3 famous lights come on??

Yeah, me!!

I keep hearing on here issues with Compressors. Well there is nothing wrong with them, mine's great. I had just as many issues with my 05 MR2 which I swapped for it, (Toyota reliablity is a complete myth - I've had less issues with my Astra).

I have a slight issue with a loose airbag sensor, I have a little squeak when engaing a gear but everything else is great. Just had an issue with my exhaust but that could have happened to any car.

Get the compressor, I drove the standard TS before buying and the difference is astronomical. Everyone mentions the performance improvement but the handling differences are massive as well.

The only downside I can see is the added costs. So if you can afford it, and you can find 98 RON as mentioned above then get a Compressor.

i have owned my compressor for coming on 3 years and have had no more problems with it than other tsport drivers. i could change the car if i wished but have no wish to do so i still like the car imensly and am quite prepared to invest money in the car for other modifications .when you speak to people and say you drive a corolla they allways have that typical image but then when you tell them its not a standard corolla it has a supercharger they start to ask a few quetions .as they say its its a wolf in sheeps clothing .i personally would recommend buying one for the money now there a bargain. :thumbsup:

yes me :lol:

Hí Guys.I'm Szuti from Hungary and i have tsport.I bought tte compressor without the remaped ecu,cause my plan is to buy a greddy e-manage ultimate to use that for more HP.I could buy tte programmed ecu,but that's only 215HP.I have a friend in the yputube and he bought greddy supercharger for tsport.Greddy made it for celica ts and gts,but that's olmost directly fit for corolla ts.They use greddy e-manage ultimate so that's why i want to use greddy with tte supercharger.He gets 270 Hp whit that and i think when they started to sell ts compressor thet was with 235HP with the normal ecu so i think i can do more with the e-manage.What do You think?

My car has a lot's of modifications also.TRD L.S.D,racing clutch,lightweight flywheel,exhaust system,K&N CAI,Koni suspension with Eibach springs,Brembo 4calipers brakesOz ultraleggera wheels with Yokohama parada tyres for street and Toyo proxes r888 when i use the car in track days.My best time was 15.1 in 401m without the clutch and the semi slick tyres.If you want i can show in youtube a lot of track days videos against much stronger cars:-)

So please tell me Your adiveces to do in this compressor thing.Thanks and sorry about my english!

Hí Guys.I'm Szuti from Hungary and i have tsport.I bought tte compressor without the remaped ecu,cause my plan is to buy a greddy e-manage ultimate to use that for more HP.I could buy tte programmed ecu,but that's only 215HP.I have a friend in the yputube and he bought greddy supercharger for tsport.Greddy made it for celica ts and gts,but that's olmost directly fit for corolla ts.They use greddy e-manage ultimate so that's why i want to use greddy with tte supercharger.He gets 270 Hp whit that and i think when they started to sell ts compressor thet was with 235HP with the normal ecu so i think i can do more with the e-manage.What do You think?

So please tell me Your adiveces to do in this compressor thing.Thanks and sorry about my english!

Hey Szuti!

First of all...welcome! :) Secondly -> get some pics of your ride up in a new thread!!

Toyota is and will always be Toyota, hence the will never tune their engines even close to the limit on a production car. The Corolla compressor not even close to it's potential tuning wise stock, and there is quite a bit more you can extract from the engine and still be well within it's safe limits. But seeing as the stock 2ZZ is a high compression engine there is also this fact to bear in mind when starting to up the boost. At some point you will need to de-comp it in order to keep it running safely...hehe. Luckily more of an issue with turbo setups and SC setups, at least for us.

Another thing is the air temperature which feeds the engine, which at some point will require an intercooler for proper operation. These two subjects are not issues the way TTE has done it's setup of the Compressor. Increasing power above stock levels in some degree would, however, lead to a recommendation from most tuners to install an intercooler or some sort of intake cooling system, which is the case with i.e. the Silverstone Performance upgrade.

TTE Compressor setup has 215BHP stock. A 235BHP stock setup from Toyota is news to me...??

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the GReddy supercharger comes with a fixed pulley and not a clutch engaged one as the Ogura charger from TTE does?! Assuming this is correct, will you be able to control the superchargerclutch via the e-Manage? If not, are you modifying the original one to fixed type or are you replacing it with a new one? Getting a fixed pulley will indeed affect driveability, so having the clutch engaged setup is definitely recommended.

If you have questions about the actual TTE supercharger install I have a pretty good thread on that on a different forum, and I will be more than happy to answer any questions on the matter. I did the conversion in November last year (Supercharger that was...intercooler is coming).

I apologize if this has gotten a bit too off topic... :unsure: Maybe we need a new thread here... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links