Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heavy On Fuel

suiplap84

hey guys,

i bought a 2002 vvti-t3x 2.0 about a month ago. awsome car,really nice to drive. the only thing that i've noticed is that its so heavy on fuel. after fueling up, the coputer says that i've got a range of 333miles to empty! now i dont know if its just my heavy foot or what? are these cars just a bit heavy on fuel or whats the average mpg i should get on it?

hey guys,

i bought a 2002 vvti-t3x 2.0 about a month ago. awsome car,really nice to drive. the only thing that i've noticed is that its so heavy on fuel. after fueling up, the coputer says that i've got a range of 333miles to empty! now i dont know if its just my heavy foot or what? are these cars just a bit heavy on fuel or whats the average mpg i should get on it?

Firstly, is it actually heavy on fuel or is the trip computer giving you duff information?

If your only going on the computer, try resetting all the values (average mph, average mpg etc) and reset the 'range' on level ground. It will tell you how in the handbook. If it's the same as mine, you just press and hold the 'trip' button (with range selected on the screen) until a beep is heard and it shows 'RESET OK' then shows the reset range. Reset the others in the same way (desired function on screen, press and hold 'trip' until beep, will reset other functions to 0 ) and trip computer restarts calculations from this point.

Probably more accurate to brim the tank, noting mileage and how much fuel you put in, repeat the action in a week or two and do some simple calculations. Continually doing this over several refills will give you a very accurate mpg usage.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links