Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazing Customer Service

thevic

After starting a new topic on here asking for opinions on the dilema i had about buying a 2002 1.8vvti Avensis SR that i had put a deposit on and had then read about the oil consumption issues, i decided to throw caution to the wind and buy it anyway.

Two weeks later just over 250 miles on the clock and the oil level has dropped from the max point to half way on the dip stick, so yesterday i phoned my local Toyota dealer and told them that i had bought the car from a non franchise dealer and of the five services it has had, only three were at a Toyota main dealership. They asked for the reg number and told me they would look into it in the morning.

At 10 this morning i was called by the dealer and asked when would be a convenient time to leave my car with them as they are going to replace the short motor and will need it for three days......now that is what i call customer service...they are even going to give me a lift home 20 miles away vw wouldnt do that after a £500 service last year, this is why Toyota are the best.

Anyone want to buy a VW Sharan? :D

After starting a new topic on here asking for opinions on the dilema i had about buying a 2002 1.8vvti Avensis SR that i had put a deposit on and had then read about the oil consumption issues, i decided to throw caution to the wind and buy it anyway.

Two weeks later just over 250 miles on the clock and the oil level has dropped from the max point to half way on the dip stick, so yesterday i phoned my local Toyota dealer and told them that i had bought the car from a non franchise dealer and of the five services it has had, only three were at a Toyota main dealership. They asked for the reg number and told me they would look into it in the morning.

At 10 this morning i was called by the dealer and asked when would be a convenient time to leave my car with them as they are going to replace the short motor and will need it for three days......now that is what i call customer service...they are even going to give me a lift home 20 miles away vw wouldnt do that after a £500 service last year, this is why Toyota are the best.

Anyone want to buy a VW Sharan? :D

Toyota gave me a whole new engine, said sorry and gave me some fuel on one of my toyotas.

I agree, they really look after you. Providing they still carry on making good cars, i will still buy them. The only thing i wish they would do is think about their styling a bit more.

And i wouldn't buy a VW either, i have quite a few friends and some family members who have had awful experiences with VW, mainly golfs. From serving, where they replace lots of minor parts and charge you a lot more than the standard service, leaving you with no foot to stand on. The one friend had their gearbox fail and replaced twice costing a lot of money.

Someone else i know with an R32 kept breaking down.

Not good.

Similar thing happened to me about 4 years ago, the new short-motor (bottom end) really did the trick & my old Avensis never used a drop of oil afterwards.

As for VW, think cam belt .

My 98 needed a cambelt.

Parts list.

CAM Belt.

VW Golf.

Cam belt, water pump etc etc etc.

Say no more.

Similar thing happened to me about 4 years ago, the new short-motor (bottom end) really did the trick & my old Avensis never used a drop of oil afterwards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links