• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • First Name:andy
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: avensis 2.2 /150 tourer
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:42 PM

;) hello everyone , can anyone tell if there is any way of checking if my 02 d4d avesis has a dual or a single mass flywheel . The clutch has been playing up lately ,biteing right at the bottom of the pedal stroke making gear changing difficult .the car has now developed an occasional vibration and rattle (only noticable on tick over or going slowly in low gear ) which goes off when the clutch pedal is depressed

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 foxmanonly1

foxmanonly1

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Toyota Model: turbo starlet

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

so far as i know all d4ds have a duel mass flywheel

#3 andye

andye

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

do you know if this can be convarted to single mass . is it expensive ?

#4 Beagh1958

Beagh1958

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Gender*:Not Telling
  • Toyota Model: Car.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

To andye,

Yes it can be converted to solid steel flywheel. But due to nature of the engine & the way power (power pulses) is delivered it is not recommended & many Forum Users would suggest you stay well clear of it. Toyota amongst a multitude of car-makers use this system now on their diesel engines with many different names for system. Many different well known companies (see your local motor factor) will supply solid flywheel kit. Or stick with DMF, but purchase well known brand name kit from factors & save a bundle over Toyota price.

I live in a different part of the world to the UK. We take a completely different view to DMF's in these parts.

Regards, Beagh.

#5 cablecar

cablecar

• Registered Member
  • 19 posts
  • Toyota Model: TOYOTA AVENSIS T3X D4D 2005

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

;) hello everyone , can anyone tell if there is any way of checking if my 02 d4d avesis has a dual or a single mass flywheel . The clutch has been playing up lately ,biteing right at the bottom of the pedal stroke making gear changing difficult .the car has now developed an occasional vibration and rattle (only noticable on tick over or going slowly in low gear ) which goes off when the clutch pedal is depressed

sorry mate yours has the dual mass troublesome one. only the 2.2 has the good one and the 2.2 also has a timing chain.
best of luck

#6 andye

andye

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

sorry mate yours has the dual mass troublesome one. only the 2.2 has the good one and the 2.2 also has a timing chain.
best of luck

cheers mate . its off to the workshop tomorrow , sourced a flywheel and clutch kit for under 4oo so not as painfull as i first thought .

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users