Do Not Sell My Personal Information

96 corolla sportif - removing radio ??

nomisk

I've just bought a 96 corolla sportif & want to replace the standard SONY cassette with a cd head unit. Only trouble is I cant see how to remove the the SONY unit. Any help greatly appreciated

I don't know if the dash is similar to my car (Paseo) but if it is the plastic surround clips out & then you can just unscrew the mounts.

Mine doesn't have a cage like most cars so i'm guessing thats a generic Toyota thing?

Hope thats some sort of help! :)

I've already tried to remove the radio surround but doesn't seem to move easily & don't want to damage it. Is there a "knack" to it or I think more likely that the surround on mine doesn't come off - it looks like its integral to the radio/cassette.

If it's the radio that fits on top of the dash? you first have to remove the centre register - use a torch & look through the fins, you will see two plastic lugs on the top edge, bend these down with a small electrical screwdriver, now pry out the centre register (use something soft to protect the I.P) You will now have access to Two bolts that hold the radio surround on the I.P, undo these & the surround will pull forward off the I.P - hope this helps