Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rear Seat Belts

Shuggie

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there's a technique to the rear seatbelts in the 06 stylie Avensis. Both my estate and hatch suffer from the rear seatbelts locking constantly without any effort and even with a slow movement. The only way to release is to unclick them and wind them almost all the way back, asuming you actually got to click it in the first time around...

This doesnt happen in the front, so I'm ok, jack :D However, my mother in law gives me an earful every time she's in the car...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if there's a technique to the rear seatbelts in the 06 stylie Avensis. Both my estate and hatch suffer from the rear seatbelts locking constantly without any effort and even with a slow movement. The only way to release is to unclick them and wind them almost all the way back, asuming you actually got to click it in the first time around...

This doesnt happen in the front, so I'm ok, Jack :D However, my mother in law gives me an earful every time she's in the car...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

Confirming that same thing happens to me. It's a 2004 Avensis 1.6 and happens only on rear seatbelts. In my case, i have a hard time fastening the seatbelt to my child's seat.

Hi Folks,

This doesnt happen in the front, so I'm ok, Jack :D However, my mother in law gives me an earful every time she's in the car...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

Confirming that same thing happens to me. It's a 2004 Avensis 1.6 and happens only on rear seatbelts. In my case, i have a hard time fastening the seatbelt to my child's seat.

Update on this:

Just got a full answer out of a very friendly Mr T in Dumfries.

Apparently if you pull the seatbelt all the way out, it goes into a child restraint mode that allows you to fix your child seats with the belt already in the ratcheted/locked position. Of course, the usual locking methods would still work, but the belt does not allow re-extension until fully retracted again.

If you get in as a normal passanger, and put on the seat belt without extending excessively, then the restraint won't engage child mode and you should have the usual degree of freedom to move around and lean forward to pick up things etc.

So, I think I shall be giving this a try tonight. Will let you know if it works ok.

Regards

Shaun.

However, my mother in law gives me an earful every time she's in the car...

I turn up the volume when I hear squeaks or rattles...

Top advice - I think I should try that one.... :lol:

So, I tried this theory as proposed by Mr T and it behaves exactly as described. That said, I now just need to teach the in-laws the rules of buckling up...

Whew !

Regards

Shaun