Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Little Big Problem

dorph1

Hi,

Bought a Rav4 02 plate 2.0 ltr Auto 3 months ago, had nothing but problems with it.

Had an intermittant sensor fault on the gearbox. Rav kept on going into limp mode, which basically puts the Rav into 3rd gear, which was a nightmare to drive. Happened when the wife was driving it with bady in the back, nearly had a smash in it.

To cut a long story short the Rav was off the road for weeks while they change sensor after sensor, checking the engine management system etc..etc... Because the fault was intermittant the whole thing cost me a small fortune, in the end they found the fault......

It was a faulty wiring loom, eroded wiring from the speedo to the Auto box.... Problem solved.....

So take note and keep this in mind when you have a silly little big problem.

Cheers

Dorph1

Welcome to the club, sorry to hear of your bad experience. but like you say this is a good one for our techy

genius's on here to remember for the future :thumbsup:

To me this is a manufacturing fault - seems far to young to have such a problem.

I've not read of a similar fault, but that means nothing as most folk won't post their experiences here......they just accept it.

So well done for letting us know of your problem.

I'd tend to ask the garage for a written report that you could then send to the Toyota Customer Services people.....and also publish it on here to allow others to comment on whether its a known fault.

The mechanic at the leicester Toyota dealership was very matter of fact about it, and told me he had seen it and dealt with it before. This was the second dealership I tried as the first just reset my ECU and sent me on my way, which he and I thought was poor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links