Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Needed - What To Pay?

AnilS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnilS

• Uncle Bob

• dave.m

• anchorman

I guess its the 8.5K one, looks very nice :thumbsup: Regarding price, who knows remember its a buyers market

so try a bit of horse trading even if you only get a couple of free passes for the pleasure beach :lol: Good luck :thumbsup:

I guess its the 8.5K one, looks very nice :thumbsup: Regarding price, who knows remember its a buyers market

so try a bit of horse trading even if you only get a couple of free passes for the pleasure beach :lol: Good luck :thumbsup:

Yes, the £8.5K one.

Dave, they are hardly moving on the price, saying that they are a rare beast, which we all know. Price includes all the usual stuff, plus (twisting their arm) 12 road tax. Been serviced and needs minor prep, and not smoked in :D

If we are happy with it, then they will deliver it (driving it down) as I can't be faced with another 300 mile jaunt to go it next week.

If you buy it, ask them to re-fund your fuel used going to buy it. If you dont ask :rolleyes:

Yes, the £8.5K one.

Dave, they are hardly moving on the price, saying that they are a rare beast, which we all know. Price includes all the usual stuff, plus (twisting their arm) 12 road tax. Been serviced and needs minor prep, and not smoked in :D

If we are happy with it, then they will deliver it (driving it down) as I can't be faced with another 300 mile jaunt to go it next week.

I take it this is your £8.5k one: http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/CarFullSc...px?Id=600471654

There's also a silver 32,399 miler for £6999 in Reading (no photos yet) at: http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/Used-Toyo...CarDetails.aspx

If you buy it, ask them to re-fund your fuel used going to buy it. If you dont ask :rolleyes:

Dave, they are fuelling the RAV when delivered, as they use some of it getting down here ;)

Yes, the £8.5K one.

I take it this is your £8.5k one: http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/CarFullSc...px?Id=600471654

There's also a silver 32,399 miler for £6999 in Reading (no photos yet) at: http://www.allapprovedcars.co.uk/Used-Toyo...CarDetails.aspx

Thanks. I'd already seen that silver one advertised but it sold last week. The lady at the Jag dealership did sound very nice though ;)

Try Shoping around and playing one off against the other.

I did and got a 55 plate XTR auto 5 door in carbon quartz with 30k on the clock.

12 mounths road tax mats and flaps + full tank. For 7.5k .

It is near mint. got mine from vantage toyota in Blackburn. :thumbsup:

Try Shoping around and playing one off against the other.

I did and got a 55 plate XTR auto 5 door in carbon quartz with 30k on the clock.

12 mounths road tax mats and flaps + full tank. For 7.5k .

It is near mint. got mine from vantage toyota in Blackburn. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the tip.

I'm struggling to shop around as there are so few about :( , and need one soon.

Otherwise I'll be looking for a Golf GTi (a long way down second chioce). B)

Spotted a silver petrol 3 door in the Auto Trader magazine while in W H Smiths yesterday, could be worth a look on their website , it was in the north London area.

Spotted a silver petrol 3 door in the Auto Trader magazine while in W H Smiths yesterday, could be worth a look on their website , it was in the north London area.

UB, is that the one at Acorn Cars? If so, I'd checked that one out alreay. There is service history and the "geezer" selling it is a bit caging. When asked if the mileage is a genuine 20K, the answer was "thats what it says on the clock"!

I had a friend down there look at it and it was a nail.

That said BOUGHT ONE today. Paid for and get it delivered next week. Its the Grey one at Harry Feeney Toyota (Blackpool). There are some minor TLC issues that you have to expect but it drove fine and it was immeasurabily better than the black one locally.

Spoke to my local dealer who has the black one (see pics above) and rejected it. He will refund the deposit tomorrow. He will have trouble shifting it as the smell was truly awful. Apparently, if its a motability car, they are not allowed to smoked in in it :huh: .

The Grey one we bought today is also a motability car and smells like new :D

Quick question. Are these gearboxes quite notchy? Seemed very mechanical compared to the wife's ex Golf.

Regards.

All gone very quite, i guess you're enjoying your new motor :D

All gone very quite, i guess you're enjoying your new motor :D

Ah, sorry UB, got very busy with kids birthday parties/work and more work! :D

Got it delivered yesterday! :D

I'll post up pics tomorrow but have had to take the door inserts out along with the gearknob, and recondition them as there were "jewellery" scratches on them. Keyed, primed, painted and laquered but although I took one of the inserts off into Halfords to colour match (Rover Sterling Grey), its come out a touch darker. That said, miles better than having scuffed ones.

Although, driven down from Blackpool, and "quality" checked beforehand, I've found some small issues (nothing major) that I have had to consult my local dealer about today. They take it in this Monday and will do "their" quality check on it for free and put right any issues, at the Blackpool dealers cost.

Right then to the serious stuff. I have my to do list as follows;

1. Paint brake calipers. Done many cars, so I thinking silver to go with Carbon Quartz :unsure: ?

2. Build a rear parcel shelf/storage facility (sounds grand doesn't it :lol: )

3. Upgrade Speakers but leave the stereo alone as I don't want to loose the trip facility.

Not sure what else as I don't want to trigger any warranty get outs ;) . Would love Lexus 18" alloys and some rear map reading lights for the kids. Anymore suggestion gladly received ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards.

All sounding very positive :) , i got my RAV4 when it was around 15 months old and the first job was to paint calipers and brake hubs, that way it stops the rust never gets a chance to start.

I used royal blue on calipers and grey on hubs but then i use blue on all my cars ,as i have a big tin of it :rolleyes: :)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/genm...AV4Stuff011.jpg

...and how about some Lexus LS400 side indicators, this was my first mod :)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/upl..._1119460471.jpg

UB, don't think that the indicators change it too much :unsure:

That said, brakes will be sorted (weather permitting) next weekend.

Any ideas where to get a chrome tailpipe cover? Would be better looking than just painting it silver.

Anyway, some quick pics before the sun went down. ;)

DSCN1107.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

Only work so far, door inserts and flaky gearbox resprayed.

DSCN1108.jpg

Looks superb. The tinted glass really suits the colour :thumbsup:

Superb looking rav + a great color, The 4.2 needs a 65mm exhaust trim i seem to remember Tho make sure first..There are various ones available from Macces, Halfrauds, + other large accesory shops, Though personally i would scour eBay etc for a twin exhaust hoovie got one at a good price, heres one on a 4.3..

cobrarav4.jpg

I AM STILL SAVING UP FOR MINE.. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the compliments :D

Prefer this colour over the one we initially looked at.

Would that nice twin exhaust pipe affect insurance? Our insurance company are only to willing to bump up our premiums if they consider it a "mod". :huh:

Ta.

Great looking Rav :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure Hoovie's insurance increase was minimal for fitting the exhaust and other stuff.

I can see an extra it could do with.......

Rav4rearmudflap.jpg

mats and flaps was one of the early job i done.

pm Kingo. He will send genuine ones to your home at a good price (no I'm not on commission!) :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links