Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Anyone Work For Toyota?

hayward223

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody here worked for Toyota or knows anyone who does who would be willing to help a student out??

Thanks

Adam Hayward

depends what u need, can't u ask ur local Toyota dealer?

Its just a few general questions on what they feel is the basis for their success etc. Do you work for them? If you I could send you the questions so you can just look through and answer if your happy enough. I have tried the local dealer but they always say there call me back and dont. Having a few problems really.

What kind of information do you need? I jus need a few questions answered really. I can send the questions if you like.

Why don't you PM Parts-King.... I'm sure he won't mind answering your questions.... :thumbsup:

Thank you, iv sent him a message. Hope he doesnt mind

Just to let you know, these are the questions.

Name:

Position:

1. How long have you worked for Toyota?

2. What does your job entail?

3. Did you have training for your postion? If so what was involved?

4. The history of Toyota is a big part of Toyotas success? Was this explained to you?

5. Does Toyota still use lean tools such as JIT, heijunka and Jidoka today?

6. Has the Toyota Production System changed since you first started?

7. What do you think is the background behind Toyotas success?

8. Toyota has recently made its first loss since it was first established in 1937 what do you think are the reasons behind this?

9. Have you noticed any changes since the loss was declared? Has Toyota made any decisions based on the econonic climate?

10. What do you feel is the main philosophy of Toyota?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody here worked for Toyota or knows anyone who does who would be willing to help a student out??

Thanks

Adam Hayward

i work for toyota

Guest The-Nark

Name:

Position:

4. The history of Toyota is a big part of Toyotas success? Was this explained to you?

8. Toyota has recently made its first loss since it was first established in 1937 what do you think are the reasons behind this?

9. Have you noticed any changes since the loss was declared? Has Toyota made any decisions based on the econonic climate?

Friggin hell, hope you are going to pay the poor bloke for that info............f :censor: g students

Hey guys,

Thanks

Adam Hayward

i work for toyota

Could you answer the questions for me?

Name:

Position:

Friggin hell, hope you are going to pay the poor bloke for that info............f :censor: g students

You have a problem with students? poor you.

Have you tried writing to the Toyota F1 Team, they have their own website too???? ;) :rolleyes:

I have now thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

Name:

Position:

!Removed! hell you don;t wanna know much do you lol

i could answer a lot of them questions mate but don't know if could give you as much detail as you may need

i reccomend that you cantact where i work the engine plant in deeside, flintshire. i'm sure someone there could give you much more info an detail than i can an maybe they could even sort out somekind of visit for you if you interested.

Name:

Position:

!Removed! hell you don;t wanna know much do you lol

i could answer a lot of them questions mate but don't know if could give you as much detail as you may need

i reccomend that you cantact where i work the engine plant in deeside, flintshire. i'm sure someone there could give you much more info an detail than i can an maybe they could even sort out somekind of visit for you if you interested.

Just a few lines for each one really mate. Sounds great but flintshire is a long way from me and im lacking time now. only got a few weeks before its in, is it possible you could answer them to the best you can? Be really appreciated, I have one reply so far and need 5 more if you have anyone else who would help. Cheeky I no.

Cheers

hiya i work at the burnaston plant, ill answer them as well

1. How long have you worked for Toyota? 15yrs

2. What does your job entail? my current position is in body adjust, it basically involves setting all the body panels (doors, fenders, hood etc) to very precice tolerance.

3. Did you have training for your postion? If so what was involved? yes training at toyota is mainly hands on and the length of training depends on the job, for body adjust it is around 3-5months although it depends on the members natural ability. the main reason for the long training on this job is you need to be able to look at a panel gap and know what it is within 0.2mm this takes time as does learning the adjust methods. another process that is more standardised like fitting a bumper may only take a few days to learn.

4. The history of Toyota is a big part of Toyotas success? Was this explained to you? as part of my induction 15yrs ago the history of Toyota was explained right from the weaving loom to present day

5. Does Toyota still use lean tools such as JIT, heijunka and Jidoka today? yes there is a strong focus on theses tools along with Kaizen (continuous improvement)

6. Has the Toyota Production System changed since you first started? the basic principles remain the same just differing ways of implementing them. all areas are now looked at not just the day to day building cars

7. What do you think is the background behind Toyotas success? providing a quality product that apeals to the majority

8. Toyota has recently made its first loss since it was first established in 1937 what do you think are the reasons behind this? as toyota is not the only manufacturer that is suffering, it is all down to the current economic climate. if people cant afford to buy, you cant sell

9. Have you noticed any changes since the loss was declared? Has Toyota made any decisions based on the econonic climate? the main focus is adapting to current sales trends as it has always been. there is however strong focus in keeping permanent members employed and this will continue

10. What do you feel is the main philosophy of Toyota? the same reason for their success, quality first.

hope that helps

Name: Mike

Position: Production member

1. How long have you worked for Toyota? 5 an half years

2. What does your job entail? I work on the main assembly engine line, which i work on a pitch on the line an fit the same parts to every engine that comes down the line, the pitch i'm currently on, i fit, NE crank plate, 2 chain sprockets one on crank spline one on oil pump along with chain to link these, chanin tensioner for oil pump chain, chain tensioner for crank to cams chain.

3. Did you have training for your postion? If so what was involved? Yes, all jobs require some form of training, for this job for me, started with reading the work standards for the pitch, these work standards are step by step guide of job including pictures, then watch an experienced member an the pitch, then start learning seperate sections of the pitch, then then put all the sections together for doing full cylces, with the experienced member there to watch to over see any problems, keep an eye on quality. Also i have done many training couses for the various jobs i have done, an now all members are doing NVQ courses cos of the extent of the training we go through.

4. The history of Toyota is a big part of Toyotas success? Was this explained to you? Yes, same answer as dawsey really we get told all about how toyota started right from the days of the weavig loom.

5. Does Toyota still use lean tools such as JIT, heijunka and Jidoka today? I can never remember all the so many different japanesse sayings lol, but JIT means Just In Time, Jidoka - the ability to stop, control, contain any problem. But all of these tools are very important part of how toyota works an big part of there success too.

6. Has the Toyota Production System changed since you first started? no the basic system has never changed which is the TPS house (Toyota production system (will try an show you pic of this)

7. What do you think is the background behind Toyotas success? quality and reliability. But also the way they work e.g TPS house which is all to stop what they call 'muda' (waste).

8. Toyota has recently made its first loss since it was first established in 1937 what do you think are the reasons behind this? It's really down to the current ecconomic climate, no one has money therefore no one is buying cars.

9. Have you noticed any changes since the loss was declared? Has Toyota made any decisions based on the econonic climate? Yes there is a lot of cost saving exercises going on at the moment, all project work is on hold as they want to keep money in there pockets at moment. But they have a big focus on keeping members employed as part of there comitment is long term stable employement as members are a key part of there TPS house.

10. What do you feel is the main philosophy of Toyota? To provide quallity product and a product that customers want.

hope this has been helpful to you.

Thank you so much for that. I have spoken about the TPS house in my dissertation so what you was saying fits in nicely. Dawesy, can i just get your job title? Half way there now, if there is anyone else willing to help that would be great :-)

production team member :thumbsup: