Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Safe

T V O R

Just found this for £10 in a car shop local to me. Minimum price of £40 elsewhere. Anyone have a safe of any kind in their car? I don’t always want to carry my sat nav or house keys around with me and thought this was a good idea...

large_1121.stort.jpg

Worth a tenner? Your thoughts please :thumbsup:

More info here...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• Raistlin

• T V O R

• bothwell_buyer

Definitely worth a tenner :thumbsup: BUT, will it not draw attention to the fact that you have something worth putting in a safe ?

Smash the window & haul it out ? Is it going to be more securely fixed in than a Radio/cd player ?

Even if they fail to remove it, what damage will be done in the attempt ?

Out of sight, under one of the seats . or in the boot , maybe.

My glass is always 1/2 empty :rolleyes:

Not sure on this one.

I often wonder if it is better to leave a car unlocked and get a £100 sat nav stolen to save paying either £200 excess on the insurance or £200 for damage. :rolleyes:

If they go to the bother of smashing into your car then find an obvious receptacle of potentially valuable property then your £10 bargain pales into insignificance :(

It's a bargain but it's not something I'd buy....

If they steal your car they steal your house keys & sat nav and anything else kept in it as well.... I'm sure a £40 safe wouldn't be that difficult for a hardened criminal to get into....

Good points :thumbsup:

I don’t agree with leaving my car unlocked though, but I agree with the thinking that if they see a safe of any kind then there must be something in it to steal.

It is recommended to keep this in the boot out of sight. The wire cable wraps around an anchor point like a seat. I’ve survived this long without one but for a tenner it seems too much of a bargain to let it go. I could buy it for a tenner and put it on eBay considering they are £40 elsewhere!

I don’t agree with leaving my car unlocked though, but I agree with the thinking that if they see a safe of any kind then there must be something in it to steal.

It is recommended to keep this in the boot out of sight. The wire cable wraps around an anchor point like a seat. I’ve survived this long without one but for a tenner it seems too much of a bargain to let it go. I could buy it for a tenner and put it on eBay considering they are £40 elsewhere!

Clearly you need to buy the shops entire stock to allow yourself to make a big profit before the shop finds out the real price.

Clearly you need to buy the shops entire stock to allow yourself to make a big profit before the shop finds out the real price.

Or, just maybe, the shop can't shift them because of the points listed above. Hence the price :(

I didn’t buy one in the end...

Good man.... spend the money on a decent beer instead :cheers:

All our engineers run car safes now as we had a few break ins and laptops stolen, obviously the ones we use are a little bigger, I think they are actually bolted to the boot floor too, with odd security bolts..

As said above though the best bet is keep everything out of sight.. The average laptop these days is probably cheaper then the damage they'll cause to the car trying to get it.

There has been a nasty spate of thefts on the M forum recently.. sure people ate always having ///M badges going walkies... butone chap found his M3 windows smashed so some chav could adorn their 318i with an oval M3 rear view mirror.. another guy was suprised to walk back to his M5 to find the entire front bumper missing!

I guess attatched to the car or not.. if they want it, they'll take it!

£10 for a beer? He's not in Norway mate

Guest The-Nark

Took the words right out of my mouth

f :censor: k the safe off and go buy beer with it..........A safe is likely to cause a ton of problems if ripped outta yer car

Narked!

Isnt this what the glove box is for?? And it doesnt draw attention to itself.

Agreed :thumbsup: BUT mine is full to capacity already :(

Memo to self- do a spring clean tomorrow, or the next day, or.................. :lol:

Ehhh??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

".......in the end..."

end of what?

Ehhh??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

".......in the end..."

end of what?

At the end of the time he was deciding to get one.

Nothing sinister like the end of the world or anything.

At the end of the time he was deciding to get one.

Nothing sinister like the end of the world or anything.

Thats what you think!!!

Maybe he knows something we don't, and decided due to the fact that the world will end next tuesday, he decided that products with "long term" benefits like this were not as hot an investment with products with short term benefits, like beer.

I’ll re-phrase it; I didn’t buy one after reading the comments.

I hope that clears any confusion about the end of the world :D

Its all an elaborate Lie.

He has built his own SLHC (Slightly larger Hadron Collider) and juiced it up by 1.2 gigawatts...

***** I'm bored.

You're bored???

I'm fekin angry! What I thought was the end of the world led me to drink the contents of my wine store.....and now I find out it was a sham!

You're bored???

I'm fekin angry! What I thought was the end of the world led me to drink the contents of my wine store.....and now I find out it was a sham!

Don't be feking angry :lol: Look @ it from this point of view :rolleyes:

I was saving a bottle of Palacio del Conde 2000 (Spanish Red) for a special occasion. I happened to mention this to a friend in the Basque Lands, during a phone call. Her attitude was " Don't be daft! Enjoy it now while you are alive. Those who come after you may not appreciate it " I took her advice that night & it was lovely :drunk:

No regrets ! Carpe diem :yes:

You're bored???

I was saving a bottle of Palacio del Conde 2000 (Spanish Red) for a special occasion. I happened to mention this to a friend in the Basque Lands, during a phone call. Her attitude was " Don't be daft! Enjoy it now while you are alive. Those who come after you may not appreciate it " I took her advice that night & it was lovely :drunk:

Carpe Diem Cras :D

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi

carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

This post was brought to you be Culture Hour, sponsored by Odd Bins

You're bored???

Carpe Diem Cras :D

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi

carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

This post was brought to you be Culture Hour, sponsored by Odd Bins

Careful - I only got warned for using slang Scots - you'll be fire-bombed !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links