Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Safe

T V O R

You're bored???

I'm fekin angry! What I thought was the end of the world led me to drink the contents of my wine store.....and now I find out it was a sham!

Don't be feking angry :lol: Look @ it from this point of view :rolleyes:

I was saving a bottle of Palacio del Conde 2000 (Spanish Red) for a special occasion. I happened to mention this to a friend in the Basque Lands, during a phone call. Her attitude was " Don't be daft! Enjoy it now while you are alive. Those who come after you may not appreciate it " I took her advice that night & it was lovely :drunk:

No regrets ! Carpe diem :yes:

Carpe Diem Cras :D

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi

carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

This post was brought to you be Culture Hour, sponsored by Odd Bins

Ouch :crybaby: You've got me on that one :( I got Honours Latin , but that was many yesterdays before you :lol: It has nearly all gone now :unsure:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarra

• Raistlin

• T V O R

• bothwell_buyer

Original usage from Odes 1.11, in Latin and English:

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi Don't ask (it's forbidden to know) what final fate the gods have

finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios what end the gods will give me or you, Leuconoe. Don't play with Babylonian

temptaris numeros. ut melius, quidquid erit, pati. fortune-telling either. It is better to endure whatever will be.

seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam, Whether Jupiter has allotted to you many more winters or this final one

quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare which even now wears out the Tyrrhenian sea on the rocks placed opposite

Tyrrhenum: sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi — be smart, drink your wine. Scale back your long hopes

spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled

aetas: carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

This post was brought to you with thanks to Wikipedia :bookworm:

You're bored???

I'm fekin angry! What I thought was the end of the world led me to drink the contents of my wine store.....and now I find out it was a sham!

I was saving a bottle of Palacio del Conde 2000 (Spanish Red) for a special occasion. I happened to mention this to a friend in the Basque Lands, during a phone call. Her attitude was " Don't be daft! Enjoy it now while you are alive. Those who come after you may not appreciate it " I took her advice that night & it was lovely :drunk:

Ouch :crybaby: You've got me on that one :( I got Honours Latin , but that was many yesterdays before you :lol: It has nearly all gone now :unsure:

What's nearly all gone ;)

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi Don't ask (it's forbidden to know) what final fate the gods have

finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios what end the gods will give me or you, Leuconoe. Don't play with Babylonian

temptaris numeros. ut melius, quidquid erit, pati. fortune-telling either. It is better to endure whatever will be.

seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam, Whether Jupiter has allotted to you many more winters or this final one

quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare which even now wears out the Tyrrhenian sea on the rocks placed opposite

Tyrrhenum: sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi — be smart, drink your wine. Scale back your long hopes

spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida to a short period. While we speak, envious time will have {already} fled

gosh - did you do all that whilst washing yer Corolla????

You're bored???

What's nearly all gone ;)

Everything :( :crybaby: & I'm not about to specify :lol: :lol2: Think we MAY be a little bit off topic, too. Mods on the horizon :fear:

It was that dirty :D Whoops, well off topic again

No probs :lol: Wash with one hand & type with the other :thumbsup: If you get mixed up, it doesn't do your keyboard any good :rolleyes:

No probs :lol: Wash with one hand & type with the other :thumbsup: If you get mixed up, it doesn't do your keyboard any good :rolleyes:

meus keys es madidus :D

My (your) keyboard is dirty? :yucky:

Think we MAY be a little bit off topic, too. Mods on the horizon :fear:

It was my topic about safes and you can all go off topic as much as you like

No problems from me :thumbsup:

You are a gentleman & a Scholar & a good judge of bad Whiskey :thumbsup:

My keys are wet

Safe B)

My keys are wet

Best cure is to concentrate on aiming @ the loo & try not to get the front of your trousers :nono::naughty::laughing:

My keys are wet

Best cure is to concentrate on aiming @ the loo & try not to get the front of your trousers :nono::naughty::laughing:

Its cold and its deep :(

My keys are wet

I know the feeling :( (hearsay only, of course :lol: )

My keys are wet

I know the feeling :( (hearsay only, of course :lol: )

Wasn't that a band ? :huh:

I think so, but (seriously, for once!) I'm much more into Classical, Leonard Cohen, The Boss (Springsteen) & the like.

I think so, but (seriously, for once!) I'm much more into Classical, Leonard Cohen, The Boss (Springsteen) & the like.

I like the Boss but then I was a big Nils Lofgren fan. God that dates me.......

Just found this for £10 in a car shop local to me. Minimum price of £40 elsewhere. Anyone have a safe of any kind in their car? I don’t always want to carry my sat nav or house keys around with me and thought this was a good idea...

large_1121.stort.jpg

Worth a tenner? Your thoughts please :thumbsup:

More info here...

Try this to keep your Sat Nav safe :D

file14438.jpg

Try this to keep your Sat Nav safe :D

file14438.jpg

Too big, it won't fit in my Yaris :(

but your Yaris could fit in this and its a Merc. :)

but your Yaris could fit in this and its a Merc.

Mercedes........................mmm there is a manufacturer of well engineeered and SAFE cars ;) :yes:............Just to get back on topic :thumbsup:

Mercedes........................mmm there is a manufacturer of well engineeered and SAFE cars ;) :yes:............Just to get back on topic :thumbsup:

Didn't the early A class mercs fall over if you cornered too fast? :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links