Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blackberry Storm

cfc1

Is it any good?

My phone is due an upgrade, I currently have a Sony Ericson w910 thing.. it's ok but fancy something different, I have had the Samsung phones in the past too.

I only really use a phone for phoning or texting.. but I still like gadgets etc.. so whats the choice phones to go for nowadays?

I have a Blackberry Storm but I wish I had gone for the iPhone instead (my partner had one and i loved it) as it has more applications and easier to use but now im stuck with the Blackberry.

My contract is up end of March and looking at either a Samsung i8510 Innov8 or Samsung Omnia..... edging towards the i8510 just looking at the reviews, even though the Omnia is more popular....

Looked at an iPhone but gone off that idea fairly quickly

Having a Blackberry doesn't interest me at all.... which is a bit strange!

my contracts up in April

is there a phone that does 5mb+ camera, calls and texts, and satnav or similar GPS thingy??

I use a Samsung 600 slide phone the noo

My Brother has the top spec Blackberry - I don't know what the model is so it could even be a storm.

He loves it, he's not had any problems with it and the screen and audio on it are really good.

My partners got the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone has all the business applications you would expect and is perfect for multi-tasking, Make calls, send emails and edit attachments on the move.

The phone has a built in GPS with BlackBerry Maps to get from A to B quicker, It connects to WiFi hotspots remotely when out and about for fast internet access has camera and video.

It has an average music facility for you MP3's.

She was going to get the Storm but didn't like the click action of the buttons yet I did, Its a Marmite thing love it or hate it.

BlackBerry phones are great for work but I would not choose it as a normal day to day phone.

I fancy one too

Dont get an iPhone, makes a good spazzy gimmick, but actually sucks balls at being a phone :lol:

Oh and the 'super fast 3G' thing is a farce... decent Nokias have been running 3.5g mobile broadband for the best part of 12-18months :lol:

my contracts up in April

is there a phone that does 5mb+ camera, calls and texts, and satnav or similar GPS thingy??

I use a samsung 600 slide phone the noo

Sony Ericsson C905.

8.1mp camera

and has Wifi, GPS and stuff.

i didn't like it, felt too chunky for me but Jess has one and she loves it afaik, but she did have to get it replaced after a week cause the centre button was dodgy, lol dunno how she feels about it now mind

Sony Ericsson C902 is actually a very good phone.. its mainly good at being a phone, its compact and has good Battery life..

It alos has a 5mp camera can look at the interweb and send and recieve emails if you like that sort of thing.

I hate thetrend for bulky "smart phones"

I quite like my current mobile phone

worldsfirstcellphone.jpg

But I'm thinking of upgrading to this:

l_brickphone1.jpg

I love my modern phones ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I quite like my current mobile phone

worldsfirstcellphone.jpg

But I'm thinking of upgrading to this:

l_brickphone1.jpg

I love my modern phones ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

haha

I'd these when I worked for BT when the phones first came out. Like using a brick for phone calls.

You is sayin my phone is old innit? cheers bro ;)

I had some geek off the street type that reply, not sure what it means though :rolleyes:

Dont get an iPhone, makes a good spazzy gimmick, but actually sucks balls at being a phone
Have to disagree, as a phone it is quite good. As a camera it is pants. Google maps are very good at finding you and any shop/street you are looking for.

If you have an ipod of any description or use iCal, Address Book and Mail on a Mac then you have all you need to sync you phone and computer (and back up all your phone info at the same time).

It is not the best all in one device on the market by a long way but if you don't want top notch camera facilities and the websites you browse are not full of Adobe Flash coding then it does a fair job.

My contract is up end of March and looking at either a Samsung i8510 Innov8 or Samsung Omnia..... edging towards the i8510 just looking at the reviews, even though the Omnia is more popular....

I went for the omnia over the Innov8 because I thought the 5mp cam would be sufficient and it has Wi-fi and runs windows mobile, (Iliked having the XDA 2i previously) but the innov8 doesn't run on windows, the 5mp camera wasn't good enough compared to the N95 so I sold the omnia and bought an N95 again, the omnia is a very nice phone tho, kept it in a silicon case to keep it looking new

my contracts up in April

is there a phone that does 5mp+ camera, calls and texts, and satnav or similar GPS thingy??

I use a samsung 600 slide phone the noo

N95, N95 8gb or N96, omnia, innov8, LG renoir, various others, theres a site with a phone finder feature, won't put it on incase i'm breaking rules, unless someone can tell me i'm allowed to, i'm not associated with the site and its not a retail site so no money is made, its just a review site, some of u probably know it anyway, if I can put the link on for people I will...?

i wanted the Nokia N78 but they discontinued them now, lol upgrade next month, dunno what to get :(

get a sim only tariff and sell whatever phone you have if you want a change, and go eBay for N78, there'll be one or 2 on there which are in decent condition, hope i've helped

I'd like more opinions on the Blackberrys too, i've never owned one but was told they a very underestimated phone, i'm liking the look of the 8900 curve but they so expensive at the moment

put the site link up Fry :)

Am sim only at the min and it is a decent deal but to get a phone is only £5 a month extra, because of the time of year i had to wait on my sim only deal till march to get a contract so thats all going through.

The N78 was good but the 5800 comes with sky sports, how can i not have that lol

put the site link up Fry :)

Am sim only at the min and it is a decent deal but to get a phone is only £5 a month extra, because of the time of year i had to wait on my sim only deal till march to get a contract so thats all going through.

The N78 was good but the 5800 comes with sky sports, how can i not have that lol

We heard you were a good sport :D :D :D

lol

yeah but what would you rather have? a phone with the boring internet?

or a phone that you can watch the football on live, will be great for camping!

I went for the omnia over the Innov8 because I thought the 5mp cam would be sufficient and it has Wi-fi and runs windows mobile, (Iliked having the XDA 2i previously) but the innov8 doesn't, the 5mp camera wasn't good enough compared to the N95 so I sold the omnia and bought an N95 again, the omnia is a very nice phone tho, kept it in a silicon case to keep it looking new

Went for the i8510 in the end and it's cracking! ;)

http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3

click the features u want from a phone, u can narrow down the options to phones that are available rather than all phones as obviously some aren't out for a few months yet anyway,

u can also compare handsets side by side

also be aware that some phones are available in europe that we may not get here, but in this case eBay is ur friend, lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links