Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday The 13th

balli hi

I work as a London Cabby ( black cab driver ) for my living.

They say ( if you believe in superstition that is ) that Friday 13th is unlucky, and i had one of those days where i wish i had'nt gone to work, my day started off with two very awkward / difficult customers, one after the other, then i was practically run off the road by one of TFL's bus drivers, and when i sounded the horn, was promptly given the one fingered salute, work / customers, were very thin on the ground for long periods, and when i did eventually trap one, he turned out to be very drunk ( i only realised this after he got in ) he blurted something about Islington , then promtly fell asleep, i could'nt wake him for love nor money, and ended up taking him to islington nick, to have him removed, shortly after that i ended up near paddington station, where i was hailed by three young men, they asked to be taken to clapham south, along the way they were asking questions as to how long it would take, and how much would the fare be, my impression of them judging by their accents, was that they were public schoolboys , very, very posh, so to my surprise, just as i entered Clapham Common, they asked me to stop, and i duly obliged, i had my foot on the brake peddle locking them in but they outwitted me by letting down the electric window and opening the door from the outside, and running off, disappearing into the darkness of the common in seconds, i think at that point i should have gone home, as my blood was starting to boil, needless to say , i soldiered on , only for my evening to end abruptly, by my customer throwing up in the cab, friday 13th really did turn out to be an unlucky day for me. :censor:

That sounds like a pretty cack day all in!

I went to the office and had a totally normal day except for the mobile Kwik Fit man coming out to change my front tyres, life in the fast lane..... :lol: ;)

My day was good... up until being verbally abused by my ex's chap in front of my kids when i picked them up...

Apparantly i'm a "disgrace to fathers"

All this because because the CSA told my ex that i'd quit my job so as not to pay maintenance for my kids... despite me informing the CSA that'd i'd changed jobs!!!!

:ffs:

He was lucky my kids were present otherwise i may have been spending Friday 13th in a Police cell....

i thought this would be about the film...lol

both pretty bad events. gaz ignore him he's being a *****.

balli hi sound spretty rubbish

my friday wasn't bad i suppose

Balli that really sucks mate, you should've definately stayed in bed!

Mine was good, had half day at work and then got my Mum her present and cake and had family around in the evening for her birthday.

I work as a London Cabby ( blak cab driver ) for my living.

They say ( if you believe in superstition that is ) that Friday 13th is unlucky, and i had one of those days where i wish i had'nt gone to work, my day started off with two very awkward / difficult customers, one after the other, then i was practically run off the road by one of TFL's bus drivers, and when i sounded the horn, was promptly given the one fingered salute, work / customers, were very thin on the ground for long periods, and when i did eventually trap one, he turned out to be very drunk ( i only realised this after he got in ) he blurted something about Islington , then promtly fell asleep, i could'nt wake him for love nor money, and ended up taking him to islington nick, to have him removed, shortly after that i ended up near paddington station, where i was hailed by three young men, they asked to be taken to clapham south, along the way they were asking questions as to how long it would take, and how much would the fare be, my impression of them judging by their accents, was that they were public schoolboys , very, very posh, so to my surprise, just as i entered Clapham Common, they asked me to stop, and i duly obliged, i had my foot on the brake peddle locking them in but they outwitted me by letting down the electric window and opening the door from the outside, and running off, disappearing into the darkness of the common in seconds, i think at that point i should have gone home, as my blood was starting to boil, needless to say , i soldiered on , only for my evening to end abruptly, by my customer throwing up in the cab, friday 13th really did turn out to be an unlucky day for me. :censor:

I know, in that I hailed a cab in Dublin with a very friendly & polite Nigerian driver. On the way I read the List of charges in front of me. At the bottom was "Euro 150 charge for fouling the cab" I asked him what were his chances of getting that. "Pretty slim" he replied, but that one girl had puked in the back & offered him Euro40 which was all she had. He took it - better than nothing. He said that if it happens towards the start of his spell, he loses out big time, as he is off the road getting the cab cleaned out. Lots of other stories similar to yours <_<

It has always been a VERY lucky day for me :thumbsup: Sat scholarship exam for secondary school on Fri 13 & got it :yahoo: Etc, Etc down the years.

I always look forward to Fri. 13 with great expectations & a positive attitude :rolleyes:

This year wasn't anything wonderful, but on the other hand, there were no catastrophes :clap:

Tuesday 13th, now is a different matter :ffs: It is regarded as a very unlucky day in Spain, & I totally agree

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ....................but there is another Friday 13th in MARCH this year :( ................and another in NOVEMBER

Keep you fingers crossed ;) :lol:

A lucky day for me.....

Had to jacknife my truck to get round a very tight yard, the red airline snagged and ripped causing all the air to drop and lock the brakes on. :(

Managed to fix it with a pen knife and a pair of pliers....Lucky or what? :thumbsup:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ....................but there is another Friday 13th in MARCH this year :( ................and another in NOVEMBER

shocking, two in two consequtive months!

the november one means my birthday is on a wednesday lol

Hoooray :thumbsup::toot::laughing:

Hi guys

I would normally expect to get a runner or a sicky, say once a month, and sometimes nothing for months, on occasion when someone is about to be sick they will ask you to pull over, or they will let the window down, and be sick out the window, in 13 years in the job, i have only ever had 3 people be sick in the cab, the last one being on friday, as for runners, again i hav'nt had to suffer that many in my time, but last friday i got the whole shaboodle all in one day, i did'nt believe in superstition before, but i will boycott the next friday 13th for sure, and i believe we have another one coming soon, in march.

The charge for fouling the cab is £40 , but it can be very difficult to get payment, as people will refuse to pay, so then the police have to be called, and even then the police often, will not attend, because they are busy with " far more important things ", so then it becomes a civil matter, which is what happened on friday.

Slightly :offtopic: i cut an article out of the Daily Express 2 years ago, headlined " CAB JOB HARDEST " and i stuck it on the side of my fridge to remind my wife how difficult my job can be, she thinks and has said " whats stressfull about your job ?, all you have to do is sit on your AR-SE and steer ", there was a survey carried out by discovery channel researchers, for SHOW HARD LABOUR, they claimed, and i quote "DRIVING A BLACK CAB IN LONDON IS BRITAINS MOST DIFFICULT JOB, THE DANGEROUS ROADS AND ABUSIVE PASSENGERS MAKE IT TOUGHER THAN WORKING ON A TRAWLER AT SECOND, AND FELLING TREES AT 3rd . THEY CONSIDERED THE LIKELIHOOD OF ACCIDENTAL DEATH OR INJURY, WORKING HOURS, SKILL LEVELS AND STRESS. A SPOKESMAN SAID , LONDON IS A STRESSFULL CITY AND NAVIGATING DANGEROUS ROADS ALL DAY IS SERIOUSLY UNDERESTIMATED "

I know a lot of people will say " you wanna try doing my job mate " and i would'nt dispute it, but i really do find my job stressfull, but friday was like something out of hell .

It Will Always be remembered as the day i traded my Clio in for my Toyota Corolla!

So i can't have any complains, but i feel for the people who had a bad day and hope the next two this year are much better.

A lucky day for me.....

Had to jacknife my truck to get round a very tight yard, the red airline snagged and ripped causing all the air to drop and lock the brakes on. :(

Managed to fix it with a pen knife and a pair of pliers....Lucky or what? :thumbsup:

Very glad to hear that you are back on the job (i.e. :blush: driving!) again, Les. I hope it continues :thumbsup:

the film aint bad either, went to see it saturday night with Sarah (not SJ)

Lol...................I did wonder :)

lol what's there to wonder about steve? :P

Just that with your postings mentioning Sarah.............I wondered if it was SJ........ :)

My day was good... up until being verbally abused by my ex's chap in front of my kids when i picked them up...

All this because because the CSA told my ex that i'd quit my job so as not to pay maintenance for my kids... despite me informing the CSA that'd i'd changed jobs!!!!

He was lucky my kids were present otherwise i may have been spending Friday 13th in a Police cell....

As an update to that post... despite my ex saying she thought there was nothing wrong with her chap's actions.... he called me Sunday night to apologise.. :wacko:

As an update to that post... despite my ex saying she thought there was nothing wrong with her chap's actions.... he called me Sunday night to apologise.. :wacko:

And so he should, opinions should never be broadcast in front of the small folk.

on friday the 13th.. i had the flu and 2 bob bits.. wasent nice at all.. but i survived it for another year haha.

No you didn't :fear: There is another one next month & again in November :lol:

On Friday the 13th I stayed inside and worked allllllll day.... in a way, that was unlucky in itself!... but not as bad as some of you other thread posters!

• 2 weeks later...

i paid a deposit in for my car on a Friday 13th....then again i dont believe in superstition