Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vw Golf Gti 3rd Edition

superjim42

Has anyone here driven or sat in one of these babies???

the car is a beast!!!! is a 2litre with a stage 4 turbo kit installed and the car makes one hell of a beasty sound....if you heard one drive past you would think its a ferrari or some supercar, and the exhaust and engine whine is so orgasmic lolll

one of my mates just bought one recently and omg this car is tooo awesome! he was in 1st gear...drove up a hill like it was a nothing all in 1st gear...it felt like it was in 3rd or something the amount of power and distance he covered in gear 1 just made me poo myself lol

and in general driving he was blowing all these cars, bmw's, hot hatches, type r's, you name it!

SORRY I KNOW THIS ISNT ON TOPIC ABOUT COROLLAS BUT HAD TO SHARE THIS WITH THE FELLOW PPL ON THIS BOARD!

COMPRESSOR??? PSSSH ITS ABOUT THE VW!!!

ok excitment over lol :)

he purchased it second hand for about 25k all the extras thrown in, sat nav, heated seats, leather interior, hdi's, dual climate control, some sick dashboard etc etc etc

just to apologies if i sounded like im on crack there. but until you experience this you will not understand! of course unless you have driven or sat in a real supercar that is :)

i dunno lol i just checked the back of the car the other day and saw this "EDITION 3.0" lol but man i tell you the car is too sick. the man is paying a bomb on his insurance though and he wont tell me how much making me believe it is a real BOMB! but the dude is rich lol

Very nice cars, but hell expensive. They are fast aswel nearly 230 bhp 0-60 of about 6.3.

plus they are packed with goodies but 25k for one id spend my money elsewhere. bmw 335 coupe now were talking!!

bit expensive them edition 30s, and rare to come by. I like the mk5 gtis nice cars but to compare them to cars like the type r and t-sport its a whole different league. The newer hot hatches like the vxr, St focus and gti are all impressive but considering cars like the t-sport and type-r are not far behind and running small NA engines is something yet still. You can pick up a cts and a ctr for well under 10k now thats a huge price diff to alot of the newer hot hatches. I picked up my facelift CTS for 6k.....thats hell cheap for a solid reliable car with poke.

ye sorry i didnt mean to diss the type r's tsports compressors etc i just meant the guy was blowing those cars in a few one on ones init. it was like no competition.

but ye i would myself look at something different rather than spend 25k on that gti. but hey the guy is rich im sure he will get rid of it soon and buy another sick car lol he has a thing for buying cars and selling them a year later. first he had a m3 the old school ones, then bought the new m3, then bought a new bmw 3series i think it was and then he had a porsche at one point (which was really his dads) umm then he had a mini cooper s, and now he onto this gti lol

have you seen the new vw siroco oh man i seen one in my ends and that car is hot! the shape of that body is sexy. i think its like a prototype model that is driven around every now and then like for marketing purposes cos i know that car aint launched yet.

have you seen the new vw siroco oh man i seen one in my ends and that car is hot! the shape of that body is sexy. i think its like a prototype model that is driven around every now and then like for marketing purposes cos i know that car aint launched yet.

You sure?

There's 2 near me that i see quite often.

Get your mate to come to the Pod with us!! :D

one of my mates just bought one recently and omg this car is tooo awesome! he was in 1st gear...drove up a hill like it was a nothing all in 1st gear...it felt like it was in 3rd or something the amount of power and distance he covered in gear 1 just made me poo myself lol

eerrr whut?

its always easier to drive up a hill in 1st gear rather than 3rd?! perhaps this is why you thought the car was so fast maybe you should try a downshift?

u sure its a 2.0 turbo and not the 1.8 Turbo? AFAIK on gen 5 Golfs have the 2.0....the rest are the standard 1.8VAGTurbo

he purchased it second hand for about 25k all the extras thrown in

2nd hand motor...25k?! you can almost buy that Ferrari for that price! or doubtless faster cars such as Maz3 MPS, all mannger of R34 Skylines, Mitsu Lancers, Subaru etc hell you can buy a 1 year old Focus 2.5turbo for like 13k. These cars will generally decimate a stock VW GTi .2.0 Turbo.

So yes... when you compare a 25k car to a 5 year old now worth 8k Type R out of the water its not really a surprise

lol 25k for a golf, no thanks ! thats crazy

25k for 0-60 6.3, no thanks !

i would rather get a pristene lotus exige s, can even get a nice second hand one for roughly 19k

oh dear. im saddened at the thought of a 25k golf :(

I'd have a TVR and a daily runner like a TS-C for that price as well as a years insurance on both :) haha

just checked figures

0-60 6.6 or

6.4 with dsg box

they are a nice car, but no chance of leaving a compressor

an like said earlier you buy a car with much better performance for lot less than 25K

ye sorry i didnt mean to diss the type r's tsports compressors etc i just meant the guy was blowing those cars in a few one on ones init. it was like no competition.

but ye i would myself look at something different rather than spend 25k on that gti. but hey the guy is rich im sure he will get rid of it soon and buy another sick car lol he has a thing for buying cars and selling them a year later. first he had a m3 the old school ones, then bought the new m3, then bought a new bmw 3series i think it was and then he had a porsche at one point (which was really his dads) umm then he had a mini cooper s, and now he onto this gti lol

my friend has a sirocco lol

also for 25k i would buy a golf R32 instead which can easily be picked up 4 17-19k

but i would go for the mk4 R32 which can be picked up for under 10k and the mk4 is much nicer and stands out more!

If i had 25k i'd buy a Supra and tune the hell out of it :driving:

:D

Very nice cars, but hell expensive. They are fast aswel nearly 230 bhp 0-60 of about 6.3.

plus they are packed with goodies but 25k for one id spend my money elsewhere. bmw 335 coupe now were talking!!

bit expensive them edition 30s, and rare to come by. I like the mk5 gtis nice cars but to compare them to cars like the type r and t-sport its a whole different league. The newer hot hatches like the vxr, St focus and gti are all impressive but considering cars like the t-sport and type-r are not far behind and running small NA engines is something yet still. You can pick up a cts and a ctr for well under 10k now thats a huge price diff to alot of the newer hot hatches. I picked up my facelift CTS for 6k.....thats hell cheap for a solid reliable car with poke.

There is a fellow in East Anglia with a U.S. spec RAV4 powered by the 3.5L V6. It is rated at 269 bhp and also does 0-60 in 6.3 and that's with an automatic! He could give that Gti a run for his money. It sells for $23,535 (16,472 pounds) here in the States which is a very good value/performance ratio.

Spend a grand or two on a supra or Soarer and it'll wipe the floor with it.

Proper RWD layout too!

£25k is a lot for a golf. At the end of the day no matter what it has under the bonnet the overall chassis design is compromised and designed around practicality, packaging and space.

No offence but I am guessing you have never been in a fast-ish car before?

before my bro had a crazy engine rebuild done. he was running a standard 1.8t (20vt) conversion, with a stage1 re-map.

he was keeping up with a edition30 golf.

I would just get a mk4 golf 1.8t with full recaro leathers. and a stage2 re-map, she will be shifting

25k on a golf?

Don't care how good it is it'll lose more money than Paul Merson in a betting shop!

superjim42,

I think people are looking at this as if it is a standard Edition 30.

If it has a stage 4 upgrade it must be kicking out at least 300 hp, if not more.

Cheers

superjim42,

I think people are looking at this as if it is a standard Edition 30.

If it has a stage 4 upgrade it must be kicking out at least 300 hp, if not more.

Cheers

For £25,000!

Can think of a few other cars that can do this for a little bit cheaper.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links