Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Struts

j88jke

this may have been asked so sorry if it has but i couldnt find it anywhere!

the struts for the boots of my celica have 'gone' and the boot is unable to stay open without me holding it up.

anyone know how to either fix this, or where to get replacements? and how much and if it's easy to do by yourself or get a garage to have a go?

thanks!

You will need to replace the struts, but they are not cheap at about £95 each!

It can be done yourself but you need a bit of brute strength to do it!

We can supply the parts at a discounted rate, PM me for details

Kingo :thumbsup:

i can get the struts at a £10 'er each... second hand obviously , but they work... al they do is lift your boot once a day

i seem to hav found a way to keep the boot open. the struts seem to be strong enough to hold it open when i detatch the boot cover hooks, which is a bit irritating as it stays down all the time, but means i can keep the boot open without it closing on my head!

may consider investing at some point in some struts though, but i duno bout gettin em second hand cuz wudnt that b like putting the same ones ive got on there now? ie not strong enough to hold open the boot?

There are two types of Struts on the Gen 7, you need the ones that are fitted to all models with a Spoiler and they're marked "SP". Unfortunately, I've had two new pairs sat around for months, but with the cold weather they've both been sold recently.

i can get the struts at a £10 'er each... second hand obviously , but they work... al they do is lift your boot once a day

They don't actually lift the boot, although they do assist, they stop it falling down, thats why there are two types, with and without spoiler, always fit the ones "With" spoiler as they are stronger and will stop the tailgate falling down and knocking you out!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I find a golf umbrella or something of a similar length holds it up nicely.

pmsl at the umbrella .... and if you want to be realy posh you can get a lardydar toyota umbrella from your toyota main dealer as well as a realy posh picnic box to keep your car jack and wheel wrench in too lol . one has to be ahead of the jones`s

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links