Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finding People

rpaterson

Hi Folks,

I have someone's name, registration number of their car and a possible rough idea of location. Are there any reliable, free methods to get a phone number? I'm not a stalker, but they're trading their car into a garage and I'd like to see if I can offer them a better deal...

Hi Folks,

I have someone's name, registration number of their car and a possible rough idea of location. Are there any reliable, free methods to get a phone number? I'm not a stalker, but they're trading their car into a garage and I'd like to see if I can offer them a better deal...

If you know any of the members of the force in your local Police Station, & explain the situation to them, They MIGHT look it up on the registry of cars for you.

Even if you don't know anyone, it's worth a try. They can only say "No" :thumbsup:

Thought some more about it :g:

Here in Ireland the Register of voters is on permanent display in Post Offices. most likely the same in the UK.

Since you have a rough idea of the area in which they live, why not go to the Post Office for the area & check out the name. You won't get a phone number, but there will be an address :thumbsup:

Yup, have tried a phone book-type search and have found one matching name. They own a RAV4 so I've even looked at the members list on here :), but they're not on here :(

Was just wondering if we had some Private Eyes on here!

How do you know they are trading their car in at a local garage? Is it one you have seen there?

To be perfectly honest mate, unless its a gold-plated Bugatti Veyron, is it really worth the hassle? There are surely other similar examples out there where you don't have to come on a car forum to try and track the owner...

And on a by note, if someone got my reg number & name and attempted to contact me about my car, I'd be so freaked out I'd be on the phone to the police quick sharpish.... :unsure:

Don't panic Bothy - I know there are more direct ways of contacting you :)

The way I see it, it's win/win/win. The seller get's more than the trade-in offer, I get the car a bit cheaper and the garage gets cash when the seller buys their new car. Sorted.

The way I see it, it's win/win/win. The seller get's more than the trade-in offer, I get the car a bit cheaper and the garage gets cash when the seller buys their new car. Sorted.

Or you could save yourself a lot of hassle and get a similar one off Autotrader without looking like a stalker.... :lol:

As I said, if I were the owner, I'd be contacting the police. Maybe you should think about that?

Or you could save yourself a lot of hassle and get a similar one off Autotrader without looking like a stalker.... :lol:

As I said, if I were the owner, I'd be contacting the police. Maybe you should think about that?

Dear DA

you need to recognise the cultural dufferences between folk in Rugby and those not living in Rugby. I was in Rugby a few times at the Post Office Management College. However after 10 years of hypno-therapy and a fortune in muscle relaxant (whisky) I'm no longer drawn to Rugby :lol: :lol:

And I have become alert to the benefits mentioned in rpatersons intentions.

The possibility of a drug money-laundering scam has not of course entered my head! B) B)

Maybe living in Rugby has made me extra cautious of criminal activity....

All I'm saying is, if the information is not so readily available that you have to ask on a public forum for advice on how to get it, that maybe it's not meant to be found in that way and you have to take into account how the "victim" would feel about this information being in the hands of a total stranger.

Some things are meant to stay private. Living in Rugby has taught me some valuable life lessons that I am merely passing on to those who have lived elsewhere.... :thumbsup:

Maybe the way forward would be to ask the garage to forward your number to them with an explantion of why you'd like to speak to them.

In the current climate i'm sure garage's would much prefer cash rather than a part ex ;)

If you know any of the members of the force in your local Police Station, & explain the situation to them, They MIGHT look it up on the registry of cars for you.

Not a chance

Not a chance

What a Moron, we all know the rules.

Not a chance

My copper mate tells me everything over a pint!

Not a chance

Allegedly B)

Not a chance

Allegedly B)

Yeah!..

Some of the stories are cracking, you would not believe what people get up to.

Not a chance

Allegedly B)

Yeah!..

Some of the stories are cracking, you would not believe what people get up to.

Believe me I do, may the force be with you

Not a chance

I have a few mates too who would help ! No use asking the rookies who go by the book.

Not the same thing, but I was unaware that Air Rifles & Air Pistols were illegal until I read of a lad up before the beak for having one. I remembered that I had 1 of each in the Attic. I got them when you could ask Santa for one & he obliged :D

I went round to the house of a mate in the force & told him the story. He (literally ) put his head in his hands & said "My God, Victor, what are you doing to me ? You'd have been arrested on the spot if you'd walked into the station with them "

He then told me to bring them round to his house, after dark & he would get them disposed of , on the QT :thumbsup:

Not a chance

I have a few mates too who would help ! No use asking the rookies who go by the book.

Not the same thing, but I was unaware that Air Rifles & Air Pistols were illegal until I read of a lad up before the beak for having one. I remembered that I had 1 of each in the Attic. I got them when you could ask Santa for one & he obliged :D

I went round to the house of a mate in the force & told him the story. He (literally ) put his head in his hands & said "My God, Victor, what are you doing to me ? You'd have been arrested on the spot if you'd walked into the station with them "

He then told me to bring them round to his house, after dark & he would get them disposed of , on the QT :thumbsup:

So we have an arms dealer in our midst .. I knew there was a reason I liked you B)

Not a chance

So we have an arms dealer in our midst .. I knew there was a reason I liked you B)

It all comes out today!!!!

Not a chance

It all comes out today!!!!

Shhhhhhhhh :nono: :lol2: :ph34r:

I think I may have stolen a bag of sweeties 48 years ago - how does that go with any of yer polis pals??? Course, I might not have.

I think I may have stolen a bag of sweeties 48 years ago - how does that go with any of yer polis pals??? Course, I might not have.

I can sort that for you ! Just send a brown envelope full of used notes & it will be taken care of :ph34r: Call it "Insurance" :yes::thumbsup: