Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Buy Rav,but Cannot Decide On Colour?

ozzy35

After a long wait and various test drives,ive decided to go for the rav 2.2 xtr,but not sure of either the black(non metallic)? or carbon quartz.

Have been looking for some good real life pics of the rav in these colours on the net,but there either a bit blurrie or crap angles.Anyone who has one of the two colours could you poss post a pic up so i can finally decide....preferably the xtr as i think it looks a bit different with the added window tints and added chrome at the front,cheers all

Carbon Quartz :thumbsup:

Go for black if you like to see loads of scratches, and run a really dirty car; otherwise choose any other colour; blue is nice, I used to have one, wish I had kept the paint !!!!

I had the choice of Black or Grey with a previous car.... I went with Black.... so this is the choice I suggest :yes:

EDIT.... I totally agree with John.... Black is an evil colour to keep clean but when it is the finish can be stunning :P B)

Carbon Quartz, on a sunny day can look quite spectacular, but TBH if i had to choose again I might be tempted by silver, as it never looks dirty, I drive a black cab + would avoid black altogether, nothing nicer when its all new + shiny but shows every mark + scratch :thumbsup:

justpolishedmyRav009.jpg

036.jpg

Well if it is any help I went for Carbon Quartz, but I cant pick it up until the 1st March :(

and by the way I may have been lurking for a couple of weeks but I have already learnt alot in that time, thank you folks :thumbsup: even if this is my first post.

Well if it is any help I went for Carbon Quartz, but I cant pick it up until the 1st March :(

and by the way I may have been lurking for a couple of weeks but I have already learnt alot in that time, thank you folks :thumbsup: even if this is my first post.

Your be one of only a few driving new cars on 1st March.... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh and Ozzy35, go for Carbon Quartz as Black will show every blemish and scratch, dent, road grime etc etc....will look lovely clean.....but unless you have shares in a car cleaning company...will look dirty very soon......all above IMO though :D :D :D

If that fails just choose a blue RAV.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carbon Quartz, great colour :thumbsup:

After a long wait and various test drives,ive decided to go for the rav 2.2 xtr,but not sure of either the black(non metallic)? or carbon quartz.

Have been looking for some good real life pics of the rav in these colours on the net,but there either a bit blurrie or crap angles.Anyone who has one of the two colours could you poss post a pic up so i can finally decide....preferably the xtr as i think it looks a bit different with the added window tints and added chrome at the front,cheers all

I would have have gone for a Carbon Quartz but the deal on my T180 silver was just too good to miss.

My Jensen Interceptors were black and stunning when clean but showed the dirt very quickly.

Go for Carbon Quartz

Best wishes with your buy I am sure which one you get you will be very pleased

Guy

Carbon Quartz it is then,i get what your saying with scratches,etc....and im not one to be cleaning a car every 5 mins,i get the cos`ose at the local hand wash to do it,£4gleaming after,but 4X4 are £6...so black will need more cleans,more cost!! cheers all,thnaks for the pics too. ;)

Local hand car wash :eek::fear:

Do you know how many times they drop the sponge? Just think of all that grit being rubbed into your lovely new paintwork..................

Get yourself two buckets and a 'Flossie' or it won't matter what colour it is!

Carbon Quartz, on a sunny day can look quite spectacular, but TBH if i had to choose again I might be tempted by silver, as it never looks dirty, I drive a black cab + would avoid black altogether, nothing nicer when its all new + shiny but shows every mark + scratch :thumbsup:

justpolishedmyRav009.jpg

Your car looks quite spectacular outside L_H Mansions Stew, I thought there was no money in cabbying :naughty: :D:

It would be Black for me, it is a superb car in Black, but keeping it clean is a bit of a mare!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I ended up with a Cadmium Green RAV4 but I intended to buy in Carbon Quartz as the nearest to black without the keep clean nightmare.

The only scratch on my current car is,from some !Removed! who ran a key down the side of it....no hand car wash damage,Yet!!

As others have said, Black looks fantastic when it's clean and polished........

focus027.jpg

focus023.jpg

Sadly, 5 minutes after you've spant all day cleaning it - it looks dirty again.. :angry:

We've had a black rav, silver rav and carbon rav.

I like the black one best, i love black cars but it looked terrible in bright sun light. You could see all the scratches.

Carbon was a good halfway house but i'm really liking our silver rav. Didn't think it looked as classy at first but its grown on my and i really like it.

So either carbon or silver gets my big thumps up. The black rav was v.smart but too much to live with, worse than my black t180 auris for some reason.

justpolishedmyRav009.jpg

Your car looks quite spectacular outside L_H Mansions Stew, I thought there was no money in cabbying :naughty: :D:

It would be Black for me, it is a superb car in Black, but keeping it clean is a bit of a mare!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Very Kind Kingo, unfortunately those £1/2 million houses are next to some local fields where i walk my dog whilst waiting for my curry to be cooked my house is slightly more modest (but its Home) :( PS cabbying is so good at the moment minimum wage would be a luxury, :yes: GOT ANY VACANCIES ?

001.jpg

Hi

I've ordered an XT-R 2.2D but I liked the Dark Blue.

Out of black or carbon quartz I would definetly pick Carbon Quartz.

I've currently got a black Zafira, my first and only black car, absolute murder to keep clean.

In the showroom the Carbon Quartz under the intense light, you can see purples and pink flecks through it. Maybe doesn't sound nice but it is. I went in with the intention of Dark Blue, but for a minute or two I was tempted.

Ian

I am going for the dark blue

Are you considering the chrome side and rear garnish [Toyota speak]?

It sets off the Blue a treat. I would post a photo of mine but everything is a nice mudddy brown colour at present :rolleyes:

I am going for the dark blue

Are you considering the chrome side and rear garnish [Toyota speak]?

It sets off the Blue a treat. I would post a photo of mine but everything is a nice mudddy brown colour at present :rolleyes:

No

Having just standard I did think of black but I thought of the constant cleaning :angry:

Looks like all the Carbon quartz in the country have all sold :angry: ,except if you want the style pack addded@£640 which i cannot afford to add on,so either black or silver...as stock is very low,and with the face-lifted model due,i doubt any more will be available.

Looks like all the Carbon quartz in the country have all sold :angry: ,except if you want the style pack addded@£640 which i cannot afford to add on,so either black or silver...as stock is very low,and with the face-lifted model due,i doubt any more will be available.

I think black looks great in the rav !!!

As long as you have a good hard carnuba wax on the paint, it protects against scratches and swirls , mine always looks gleaming and it only gets waxed every 3 months or so :thumbsup: