Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Msn Has Lost All Its Contacts!

Fizz

I aint upgraded anything and its the live messenger and just logged on today to see that its all empty.. my groups are there but no contacts..

Cant figure it out..

I know there was an issue when you upgraded to live from 7.5 but this aint the case for me.

Any suggestions or anyone else go this today?

nope.. my windows live messenger is a newer version than the one in the link...

Ive tried doing searches but all the ones posted online are old issues... related to older versions of MSN.. :(

Just been pratting about with mine for the last half hour!!!! :ffs:

I clicked to sign in my messenger and it came up with "A new version is available and must be installed" This has happened before and it is a right pain....

If I tick the "No thank you" box it brings up the same message every time when I want to sign in...

If I install the program it goes right through the procedure to 100% then rolls the lot back and comes up with "Failed to install", when I click for solutions the only suggestions are check for space (if 35gb ain't enough I don't want it) or to check firewall settings, the programme is on the "Allow" list so it can't be there.

In the past I have had top do a system restore to get it back but this time things have returned without having to do that......so far :rolleyes:

I got that with the last version Les.... it uninstalled the old version but it didn't fully uninstall it so it wouldn't install the new one and I couldn't uninstall the old one because according to the system, it had been uninstalled!

Fixed it by downloading the Windows removal tool - it basically forces uninstall. Then the new one installed and to be honest I don't use it at home anyway now! lol Bit of a pointless exercise really!

If you try signing in to Web Messenger, does that have your contacts?

Also - have you seen and tried this link?

Already tried that as well before starting this thread.. didnt do jack all..

I have also since uninstalled my current version and installed the latest one which is all new and flashy and still says i have no contact!! FFS! :ffs:

Got the wife to sign in and hers is working fine ont he same comp!!! :help:

right... it seems my account was hacked over night by some ffing !Removed! who need to be shot from China.

He set my vacation auto reply on with some sales !Removed! directed to electronic good in China.. and proceeded to delete all of my contacts... nice...

How the hell am i supposed to get back my contacts as i have a load on there who aint online often and i need their addresses!

Just also noticed the SOB has deleted my address book as well!

I have MSN, too. Thank God I couldn't be bothered with the update to MSN Live as I rarely use that mail box.

I reckon that gmail is far & away the best :thumbsup:

Why not take this chance & switch, once you have regained some of your contacts?

Strange you say that, considering it took at least a month for me to get you to use it. :ffs: :P

not had any problems with Mac Messenger :\

bit rubbish idiot chinese people have nothing better to do than annoy us with meaningless attempts to get some business

Strange you say that, considering it took at least a month for me to get you to use it. :ffs: :P

:shutit: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Thank you for that (NOT) , my Son, & welcome to the club.

I've got another Moderator keeping an eye on me now :( :fear::laughing:

Thank you for that (NOT) , my Son, & welcome to the club.

I've got another Moderator keeping an eye on me now :( :fear::laughing:

We are all watching you.... :eek::eek::eek: