Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toc Back To How It Once Was?

Calisto

wan mair thing - we need a section fur recipes as weel.

Ready for such culinary delights such as deep fried Mars bars :D

Pidgun Porridge

Whisky vol-au-vents (see the french hae a way o cooking as well

rabbit en croute

I can see a new candidate for Masterchef :chef:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothwell_buyer

• Pompey Gaz

• Bizarra

• Raistlin

wan mair thing - we need a section fur recipes as weel.

Ready for such culinary delights such as deep fried Mars bars :D

Pidgun Porridge

Whisky vol-au-vents (see the french hae a way o cooking as well

rabbit en croute

I can see a new candidate for Masterchef :chef:

ye

ahve done a fair few fried egg sannys in my time - hoo dae ye want yers? rare, medium or burnt??

an anither thing aboot muidoaraters..... ##CENSORED##

see

ye dinna need them cos ye can censor yer ain stuff!!

Clever ehy??

IMO we need to get TOC back to the club it once was....I feel the forum had lost its spark in some areas.

The Rav forum is how we need the whole forum to be....lively, fun, full of banter.

We need to have a sense of community once more...then mebbe more peeps would come to the local meets and shows.

We have lots of Mods but no specific meet co-ordinators, the mods we did have are still on the forum as mods, I just think TOC needs a spring clean to get it upto date. I know this takes time, effort and mebbe a little money.

Can we have something along the lines of Gold again...separate chat place for those members that have paid, not just a chat room, but a place where "anything goes" without mods getting up in arms all the time.

I will pay to support my club....many people would be willing to do this I think. B)

Any one got any ideas?

Never happen!

Blah Blah, stay on topic, Blah Blah threads locked/deleted/over moderated. The best lively/fun/full of banter is when topics start to go off on a tangent and then the humour wit and imagination starts to show. Eventually the post tends to go full circle and end back to where it was. Unfortunately we get too much 'Blah Blah Stay on topic' which kills conversation.

You never chat to friends in the pub and spout out 'Stay on topic otherwise I will walk off and not speak to you' do you?!

Here is a perfect example of an innocent genuine thread that goes completely off topic but is entertaining/funny and imaginative, but some people would like to get the rule book out...

Here

People will eventually decide to go elsewhere. Just my observation (for what its worth) :thumbsup:

Just thought I would stick my opinion in (it's ok, got plenty more so can spare this one)

quoted the two posts above as the first two in the thread and I agree with all the points made in them.

I spend most of my time in the RAV4 section, having a RAV4, but I find it is also the most entertaining part of TOC as there is a good mix of chat and light-hearted replies to some threads and totally off-the-wall replies to others, but usually everyone (except Bothy :P ) knows when a thread should be kept on topic, when it can go off on a total tangent and when it sometimes needs to be lightened up a little (if you have a RAV4 T180 with a puncture, if you didn't have a laugh, you would cry). I did spend some time in the general, but find now back in the RAV4 section mostly.

I have met a number of people in the RAV4 section and find you get a much better idea of what people are like in the way they digress from a topic; I have not met anyone who has not posted on the RAV4 section - not saying that says anything about them or about me, just a comment that you get to know people from how they digress - and in RAV4 it is the law and that section is all the better for it IMHO.

Comment about the pub is spot on and exectly how I relate to using a forum - any forum. If I am told what I am allowed and not allowed to say in a reply to a question or comment, then I will find a new pub forum to drink post in. Maybe some people will be glad to see me go, but others (hopefully) would miss me? I am sure this forum is big enough to fit in everyone??

I fully understand the moderating of some comments and the swear filters, but I do think it is over-kill to apply that same level to the subscribers area, as no one who has access there will be under 18 (if that is stated as a stipulation for membership) and cannot click there without being a member and agreeing to the T&Cs.

The subscriber areas as they stand now are totally pointless as you cannot post anything there that you cannot post elsewhere (so why bother) and it shows as no one posts on them other to ask "why is this here?"

Just my 1 cents worth (!Removed! credit crunch!)

I was saying to Lauren yesterday that I didnt recognise half the posters in the other sections. They should post in the generals section more!!!

Or join us at JAE ;)

whit :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aye - wunnerful!

It costs me £25 for a few hours at Crail burning rubber + £30 petrol an annuther £130 for B&B and diner if I go the previous night....so whit sort of cost wid gawin tae the JAE be??? Ahve bin retired fur 13 years the noo and ahm still nowhere near the DSS retirement pension so moneys mair ticht than a Aberdonians jockstrap.

Wid luv tae dae mair meets but the travel is the cost an ah canna dae tents cos a ma backs sair.

Mind ye, it costs nuthin tae post in the genmeral section altho ahve ony jist stairted postin here recent like. Ony cos the RAV sections fu o pifters wi 5 door cars ye ken!!! :lol: :lol: Nae harm tae pifteers either but - jist a manner o speakin ken.

What?

ma cusin frae Hulls here this wekend so ahll ask hur fur whitever ye speak in cleethorpes as long as every 2nd wurd no stickyrock

I wasn't having a go at mods Em, just airing an idea.

People moan that as soon as a thread goes off topic, even tho people are having fun within the thread and no-one has complained, a mod is straight in with a threat to close the thread unless it's brought back on topic.

I just thought that if that only happened if the original poster objected then it would stop some of the "mod bashing" and bring the "missing banter" back to the forum.

Thanks, Mate. You saved my typing it :thumbsup:

I don't go in for Mod bashing :angel: but as I said before, I do think that if topics are allowed to run their natural course, it adds to the enjoyment of the forum. There is no logical reason why they can't.

There was the Post, for example, about Car Safes, which went wildly off topic & was entertaining. I posted that we were in danger "Mods on the horizon " & TVOR , whose post it was, replied that he had no objections to the direction it had taken- Fire away :thumbsup: None the less, a few posts later, we were politely requested to get back on topic.

As regards PMs or e-mails, that takes the spontaneity & "craic" out of the public domain, & lessens the enjoyment of the forum

jist on hoovies point, we did have a wee RAV4 meet in warrington last year which was very posh an pleasant. Even got to drive a oil burner.

Then I went to the Scottish meet a few weeks ago in Coatbridge that Andie arranged and it was nice to meet others wi other cars.... including dave wi a 5 door RAV - whit a beast an his car wis like him tae :lol:

I spend more time on strathycruise cos its local to me, and use rv4w as it has its RAV sections separated to the models which is useful too - in fact thats where I got the idea of using the 3sgte engine. The TOC forum is useful for having a blether knowing the guy is no roon the corner an probably no even meet in a pub :lol: :lol:

twas nice tho meetin guys in Scotland and comparing cars - whatever the model theres still something to learn from other cars and their owners !!

I was saying to Lauren yesterday that I didnt recognise half the posters in the other sections. They should post in the generals section more!!!

Or join us at JAE ;)

whit :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aye - wunnerful!

It costs me £25 for a few hours at Crail burning rubber + £30 petrol an annuther £130 for B&B and diner if I go the previous night....so whit sort of cost wid gawin tae the JAE be??? Ahve bin retired fur 13 years the noo and ahm still nowhere near the DSS retirement pension so moneys mair ticht than a Aberdonians jockstrap.

Wid luv tae dae mair meets but the travel is the cost an ah canna dae tents cos a ma backs sair.

Mind ye, it costs nuthin tae post in the genmeral section altho ahve ony jist stairted postin here recent like. Ony cos the RAV sections fu o pifters wi 5 door cars ye ken!!! :lol: :lol: Nae harm tae pifteers either but - jist a manner o speakin ken.

What?

ma cusin frae Hulls here this wekend so ahll ask hur fur whitever ye speak in cleethorpes as long as every 2nd wurd no stickyrock

Lol i've never said sticky rock! :\ and if you on about sticks of rock then i never say that, i only terrorise (legally of course) the stall holders with my boy racerish ways lol

you make me chuckle bothwell :) haha

whatever the model theres still something to learn from other cars and their owners !!

Sorry I don't understand this bit :lol:

Most of you have missed the whole point! :rolleyes:

Em, you always go on about mods get a bad press......tbh I don't care, as that wasn't what I was getting at.

My post wasn't about moderating, lack of it or over zealous moderating.

My post was about getting a new forum going such as GOLD, where members would pay to be a part of it and any thing could go in that particular forum, also would it be so bad if specific regions had there own region reaps.....eg 4 reps for the North East etc.

Now all of you, that is not so hard to grasp is it???

they are one or two ideas Asha but everyones had their own input, some worth it, other posts are just confusing

but who knows who is right and who is wrong on how to change the forum

Em, you always go on about mods get a bad press......tbh I don't care, as that wasn't what I was getting at.

My post was about getting a new forum going such as GOLD, where members would pay to be a part of it and any thing could go in that particular forum, also would it be so bad if specific regions had there own region reaps.....eg 4 reps for the North East etc.

What so you mean this thread has gone off-topic? Shock horror! :rolleyes:

And you would care Ash if your spare time was taken up by the sort of crud we have to deal with.... we take this abuse for free!

We need to get the grass roots attitude of this place sorted first before we start dishing out niceties like Gold forums etc.... that's my personal opinion of course as I have no say in the matter, but when I was growing up, you got treats for being nice and good and tbh the attitudes of some people need some serious alteration...

You don't have to take this abuse......it's your choice to take it hun.

It's no win situation within any forum, there will always be idiots that don't play nicely.

If we had GOLD back, with an anything goes attitude then it could work well, As long as there was no slander or personal subject abuse, then it could work.

As soon as someone started being personal about someone else then yeah sort it out.

As long as everyone knew that it was a no holes barred area, it wouldn't matter if it went of topic or personal views were expressed.

Its just if anyone is willing to try it.

You cant change a forum, it is how it is!

I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it, My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right

As I said, people are quick to blame us.... how about looking at other members behaviour rather than point the finger at the mods and shove all the blame in our direction?

Why should people click on a link about topic x and then have it digress into topic y for no reason?

I think if the moderation shoes were on your feet you'd see things very differently.... but hey, lets just blame the moderators, it's not like they are real people, with jobs on the "outside", loved-ones & lives of their own is it?

I don’t think anyone is that interested in the mods if I was honest, I treat them as I find them, 99% of them are no problem but it only needs one to upset the whole Apple cart with a trigger happy finger :censor:

You have to earn respect mod or no mod. What all the fuss about being a mod? It’s hardly coal mining is it?! Mod bashing? Yeah right!!! :lol:

If we had GOLD back, with an anything goes attitude then it could work well, As long as there was no slander or personal subject abuse, then it could work.

As soon as someone started being personal about someone else then yeah sort it out.

I vote a big fat NO to the gold forum as I always get bashed (100 times more than the mods) in there :crybaby:

Not in the least, Hun :yes: But I can tell you. from bitter experience, you won't get any informative replies on Gold. I have brought up the subject, many times. :(

Your topic was "Toc Back To How It Once Was?" and the general opinion seems to be that topics should be allowed to run their course & it would then become more free & easy, fun, & user friendly! which I gather is your opinion of how it used to be. :unsure:

TOC... 4 years ago had GOLD, and topics were allowed to run there course within it...but if topics turned personal then something was done about it.

That's what I am getting at, that's the old TOC.

:)

As I said, people are quick to blame us.... how about looking at other members behaviour rather than point the finger at the mods and shove all the blame in our direction?

Why should people click on a link about topic x and then have it digress into topic y for no reason?

I think if the moderation shoes were on your feet you'd see things very differently.... but hey, lets just blame the moderators, it's not like they are real people, with jobs on the "outside", loved-ones & lives of their own is it?

I don’t think anyone is that interested in the mods if I was honest, I treat them as I find them, 99% of them are no problem but it only needs one to upset the whole Apple cart with a trigger happy finger :censor:

You have to earn respect mod or no mod. What all the fuss about being a mod? It’s hardly coal mining is it?! Mod bashing? Yeah right!!! :lol:

I vote a big fat NO to the gold forum as I always get bashed (100 times more than the mods) in there :crybaby:

No one likes a pussy :P

No Jappy they don't always run their course ...it gets personal and then gets shut down, which is the right thing to do. But if it goes of topic then all hell breaks lose.

Now, if a topic in GOLD goes off course then hey so what!!!! It's GOLD and it's allowed.

How about a vote to have an anything goes forum?

Then have a vote to see how much a subscription should be.

What has anyone got to lose?

No one likes a pussy :P

Speak for yourself :excl::rolleyes: I didn't know that you had come out of the closet :blush::ermm: :lol2:

How about a vote to have an anything goes forum?

Then have a vote to see how much a subscription should be.

What has anyone got to lose?

Money! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links