Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Xt3 Purchase

Zooks

Hi All,

Im new here

Just agreed to PX our suzuki grand vitara and buy a low miles 2007 Rav4 XT3 from our local toyota dealer. I had a test drive in a rav prior to purchase but it was an XTR but just realized the XT3 does not have the electronic stability control system. The dealer didnt seem keen to let me drive the XT3 and assures me all ravs drive the same. I really cant stretch our budget further so its Either an higher model older rav or something else.

Will I notice a difference in ESP or non ESP rav. Any other mechanical differences I should be aware of?.

Hi All,

Im new here

Just agreed to PX our suzuki grand vitara and buy a low miles 2007 Rav4 XT3 from our local toyota dealer. I had a test drive in a rav prior to purchase but it was an XTR but just realized the XT3 does not have the electronic stability control system. The dealer didnt seem keen to let me drive the XT3 and assures me all ravs drive the same. I really cant stretch our budget further so its Either an higher model older rav or something else.

Will I notice a difference in ESP or non ESP rav. Any other mechanical differences I should be aware of?.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Depends on how you intend driving I suppose.

I drive like a maniac and race my 1994 RAV - it doesn't have ABS nor stability control system. It does have adjustable shocks and strengthened rear springs, with wider alloys. Of all the improvements to handling, I found the wider alloys best.

Welcome to the club, doubt wether you would notice any difference between the two models when driving.

The VSC will only kick in when you get into a situation where you start to lose control. Being an extra safety

feature its up to you wether you feel you need it or not. Good luck :thumbsup:

Hi Zooks + welcome, My 2007 XT4 is nearly 2yr old, and until someone on here showed me how to set the HAC (Hill assist control) i had never used it, The same person took me out in some pretty heavy snow + ice in Derbyshire, and dispite the conditions I believe we only got the VSC to cut in once, So no I dont believe you will miss them, however although the XT3 is the base model it has some things (SPARE WHEEL + ROOF RAILS) that the XTR doesn't You can probably pick up an XTR or XT4 for not much more, IMO the XT4 is the better buy as you get a spare + leather seats as std, I also think come the day you decide to sell you will sell an XTR/XT4 easier.. :thumbsup: PS i would be a bit worried with a dealer who is not keen to let me drive a car.. :unsure:

Hi Zooks + welcome, My 2007 XT4 is nearly 2yr old, and until someone on here showed me how to set the HAC (Hill assist control) i had never used it, The same person took me out in some pretty heavy snow + ice in Derbyshire, and dispite the conditions I believe we only got the VSC to cut in once, So no I dont believe you will miss them, however although the XT3 is the base model it has some things (SPARE WHEEL + ROOF RAILS) that the XTR doesn't You can probably pick up an XTR or XT4 for not much more, IMO the XT4 is the better buy as you get a spare + leather seats as std, I also think come the day you decide to sell you will sell an XTR/XT4 easier.. :thumbsup: PS i would be a bit worried with a dealer who is not keen to let me drive a car.. :unsure:
IF you click on THIS LINK then click R4 overview + R4 equipment it gives you the different specs for a 2007 Rav.. :thumbsup:

I didn't think it was so bad stewpot! Mine has been through much deeper snow than that!!! I can't make my mind whether to just steel your smooth gearbox and shcms quiet engine or just get both off you at the same time.

Anyroad, back to it!

I think the benefit of VSC would come if you really got into trouble. Its like knowing which airbag is best without knowing exactly what crash you are going to get invloved with. Its a safety feature that you really would prefer to never use but it might make "the" difference under the right conditions. TBH if you have made it to an XT3 you are very close to an XT4 and I would sit tight for a bit as you will find one at the right price.

Cheers.

Hi All,

Im new here

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:

I had the same problem a few months ago , i went for the xt3 as i didnt care much for leather . The spec is less but its still a great car and a pleasure to drive . My last car had ESP and you never really need it or miss it , unless you push the car v hard into a corner !!

Good luck !!

Hi All,

Im new here

I had the same problem a few months ago , i went for the xt3 as i didnt care much for leather . The spec is less but its still a great car and a pleasure to drive . My last car had ESP and you never really need it or miss it , unless you push the car v hard into a corner !!

Good luck !!

Thanks for all the replies. We pick up our xt3 later today and hopefully it will be fine, if not apparently theres always the toyota 30 day exchange plan to fall back on!. Will lose the money spent having had parking sensors fitted though.

Hi All,

Im new here

Good luck !!

Thanks for all the replies. We pick up our xt3 later today and hopefully it will be fine, if not apparently theres always the toyota 30 day exchange plan to fall back on!. Will lose the money spent having had parking sensors fitted though.

Good choice :thumbsup:

Im sure you will be happy with it !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links