Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressures

flyfs6

The car has 16" toyota motorsport wheels wearing 195/50/16 tyres. What should the correct tyre pressures be? Can't find the correct size in owners manual. Has anyone come across this yet?

The car in question is a 1.3 SR 5dr.

Cheers for the tip. I've looked in there already but it only lists for up to 15". Tried kwikfit site and they're showing pressures for 17" SR wheels.

Best option is to ring the dealers and ask the service dept.

I allways put 31psi in the fronts and 28psi in rears.

That info is in my Yaris owners manual for 2 passengers. For 5 people it says to increase the rear's pressure to 30psi.

Your 16" wheels may be similar to mine but as yours is a newer,bigger car it will probably be heavier, so maybe the pressure's would need to be slightly increased. ;)

You're right - the SR has 16" wheels and the pressures for those aren't in the owners manual and aren't on the label in the glovebox.

I rang Toyota customer services and they told me they had a special bulletin for this - but the pressures they told me were higher at the back than at the front - and that can't be right for a front wheel drive car - so I didn't believe them.....

Suggest you ring cust services too and see what you get told - I'd be interested to see if you get a different story.....

Hmm..Maybe because thats what the pressures would be if you had 5 people in the car?

Im really surprised it doesnt say in a table at the back of the manual to be honest.

hood luck anyway .

Cheers. Yup checked the manual and will call customer services tomorrow.

Thanks TVOR for pressures as well. Checked pressures on my car and the rears were down to 25psi when the car was hot off a motorway journey :o (I know to inflate when cold). Dealer adjusted them a few weeks ago and it felt as though the pressure was too low.

Our car is often used with 3/4 people occupants and often doing rounds to the airport shall I opt for full load pressures?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the pressures that Cust Services told me were .1 bar higher than the 15" wheel pressures quoted in the manual (except they quoted the rear higher than the front which doesn't reconcile with any of the other wheel size pressures, so I think they're wrong on that...)

So assuming they were the right pressures, but the wrong way around, I think they should be 2.4 bar (35psi) front and 2.3 bar (33psi) rear.

That's what I've been running on anyway.....

Our car is often used with 3/4 people occupants and often doing rounds to the airport shall I opt for full load pressures?

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Neither my manual or the glovebox sticker quotes any different pressures for lightly or fully loaded.

The only differential pressures are for "Up to 100mph" and "sustained periods over 100mph" - which doesn't (or shouldn't) bother many in the UK unless they're on a track day....

Given that the manual covers all models except the 1.8, I'm not sure where anyone is getting a "full load" pressure from, unless they're referring to an earlier model......

So assuming they were the right pressures, but the wrong way around, I think they should be 2.4 bar (35psi) front and 2.3 bar (33psi) rear.

Really....... thats higher than i have been running mine at, 31psi front and back, but definatley no-where are the correct pressures listed.

I have been getting 39Mpg local driving and 44Mpg on the M-Way. I will try upping the pressures and see what the figures get to.

Really....... thats higher than i have been running mine at, 31psi front and back, but definatley no-where are the correct pressures listed.

I have been getting 39Mpg local driving and 44Mpg on the M-Way. I will try upping the pressures and see what the figures get to.

Its only 1psi above the pressures for the 15" wheels, so it can't be far out.....

And I only get 37mpg local or motorway, so I'm not lowering my pressures any more! :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links