Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Real Carbon Fibre/ Carbon Look Film For Exterior

street-missile

Hello all

Whats your opinions on carbon fibre or carbon look film?like this link below, cheap & tacky or good if fitted very well ?

click here

i thinking of using it on the door pillar like on this image below as that part is slightly scratched nothing major, its common thing u find on a 2nd hand car like mine but rather than getting that bit re sprayed in original matt black unless its rusted which it isnt on mine.

gallery_57217_564_167537.jpg

Im generally good with fitting things like this anyway even if i to redo these things 2nd time round lol + that pillar is flat not curved surface like wing mirrors

cheers

Yes do it :yes:

I have seen this used on a number of cars and providing it is applied with great care the look is very good :thumbsup:

Thanks, that made my mind up eh lol still not sure if gonna go for the carbon look or the 'real' carbon sheet for alittle bit more money, although im not going to fit the film all the way where it meets the wing mirror since i recently fitted the window visors :)

I think it looks utterly gash. the fact that the site you linked too says:

Great for moddin' your car in every place
should give an idea as too how Chavvy it is!

A guy on the M5 forum just covered his roof with carbon fibre look film to try and get that CSL look. They tore him a new A-hole :lol:

Carbon fibre was developed for function, not fashion. the fact that by adding film makes your car HEAVIER is lunacy in my eyes!

The carbon Fibre in my car is all hidden out of sight, and purely functional!

not everyone can afford a BMW or is pompous enough to drive one :P

If you like the look of it dude then go for it if you know you can do a decent job on it :)

lmao :lol2:

If you like the look of it dude then go for it if you know you can do a decent job on it :)

Can't beat a good generalisation, eh?

I agree with Charlie, I think it'll look awful & cannot for the life of me see why anyone would consider getting it done. It's not my car though, if you like it get it. You'll never find anything that everyone likes so worry about what you like, not anyone else

Pompous or not pompous... even on a £70Kish M5... it looks shiiiiit.

IMG_0059-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

I just think you'd be better advised to spend your money and tme on sometihng else... I remember a bit back there was a version of the A class with faux CF in the place you suggested, didn't look great there either!

I personally place it on a par with fake, caliperless disk brakes!

Pompous or not pompous... even on a £70ish M5... it looks shiiiiit.

Blimey they've dropped in price! :o

:lol:

But agreed huge amounts do look awful.... little amounts carefully placed can look ok.

Each to their own tho.. if you like it go for it ;)

£70 is probably not that far off, if the rate that mine is losing money is anything to go by!

Carbon Interior, i just changed my inside`s

See this post in Corolla forum.

I thought I could set up a link, but I'm a bit stoopid with computers :( Sorry

Clicky

;)

Clicky

;)

Thanks, Mate :thumbsup:

I might get that door pillars bit covered if real carbon fibre film is better & not tacky, the driver side piller is slightly scratched nothing bad, since i got window visors so rest of the door frame wont need doing & not look out of place, i had this on my old Altezza with window visors & that looked gd imo. although the carbon pillers was made for the altezza/is200 JDM Toyota item they dont do them for the 3dr corolla. :rolleyes:

The BMW looks ok i guess as in nicely applied it suits a 3 series coupe more than a 5 series or any 4dr sedan, not something i do though.

OT do some BMW's come with LHD wipers like that pic? sure most RHD cars dont have wipers like that? :unsure:

Pompous or not pompous... even on a £70Kish M5... it looks shiiiiit.

IMG_0059-1.jpg

IMG_0056-1.jpg

I just think you'd be better advised to spend your money and tme on sometihng else... I remember a bit back there was a version of the A class with faux CF in the place you suggested, didn't look great there either!

I personally place it on a par with fake, caliperless disk brakes!

i like this!!!! think it looks cool!!!

if you want to put it on your door pillar then do it!!! as long as you like it who cares!!! (i have white daisys on my car :P)

OT do some BMW's come with LHD wipers like that pic? sure most RHD cars dont have wipers like that? :unsure:

Thats !Removed! well spotted!!!

My wipers are definitely the "right way" round... Not noticed on and other models.

My old Porsche had wrong way round wipers, but I assumed that was because it was an 80s Porsche and the UK market was an after thought lol

To be fair a detail like that would really annoy me if I had forked out all that cash for a car!

I think it looks utterly gash. the fact that the site you linked too says:
Great for moddin' your car in every place
should give an idea as too how Chavvy it is!

I've thinking of getting bits of my interior done. I hear what you're saying about being a bit chavvy but surely it would look better than the fake plastic wood dash surround that I have currently??!!

Mine's an Avensis which I Love but the one thing that lets it down is the fake plastic wood around the air vents and stereo.

Does anyone have any alternatives to carbon fiber film?

AArrrrrg I just typed out a huge reply and lost it all (damn work distracting me) :ffs:

I totally agree about the "wood effect" plastic, compared to that carbon fibre is certainly the less of two evils! My Hilux had what looked a bit like carbon fibre effect from the factory, I would not have chosen it myself, but it was certainly easier on the eye than the wood! :)

Have you thought about removing the trim and painting it a nice subtle colour? Mine has plastic trim (as opposed to carbon or wood which were also options) and it is painted in "titanium" which is a dark, silvery grey colour, it’s fairly inoffensive, looks smart and "fits in"

Titanium Trim

I know Toyota used a very similar finish in the facelift 3rd Gen Hilux surfs (Can’t find a pic sorry) so it may bring things up to date and not look too out of place.

I was actually a little tempted with going for the carbon trim on mine as the painted plastic “feels cheap”, especially on the door grab handles/arm rests. I figured the genuine carbon would feel a little more solid to the touch, although I’d worry of chav factor, and it’s hardly a justified engineering application of the stuff! :!Removed!:

Carbon Alternative

The film doesn't come close to the deep glossed texture of the real thing! Especially in the shadows of an interior.

Hmm. Hadn't considered painting the panels. My only worry about that would be drying time between coats and that it would scratch easier than a vinyl coating.

With the vinyl it'd just be a case of applying it and refit.

I do like the titanium finish though. Good call, I'm going to have a wander round Google to see if I can get a titanium vinyl.

Demon tweaks sell it.

If you use the right point its ok, paint is actually pretty hard wearing if applied properly, I think some form of hard laquer is essential though.

-That said the paint finish has crazed on mine on the grab handle. :(

Edit: and yes it has been confirmed all E60 5 series have "left hand drive" wipers.

That's rubbish! And I thought the accountants have been over active on mine!

It just goes to show, they really don't make cars like they used to!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links