Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1g-gte?

efini13

I some how ended up with with a 1g-gte twincam/twinturbo engine. I was just wondering is this a desirable motor? I plan on building it up and putting it in an older supra celica. Also was wondering if anybody knew if this was done before, and if so where could i find any info on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

hey, i am looking for that engine in Australia, worth $AU 3000 second hard needing a recondition. Keep it aye. It has been done before, i'm looking to put it into me 82 Celica.

Theyre okay engines.. a bit underpowered for a twin...around 210bhp. They are more reliable than the 7MGTE and smoother. If youre sticking one in a celica supra it will be a quick motor but it wont be as exclusive as if you could fit a 1JZ :D

ive got a 6 speed gearbox.......that fits the 1G-GTE

its only done 20,000 miles

going very cheap :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I put a 1GGTE in my GZ10 Soarer. Pretty easy conversion really, I'd almost certain it'll be the same with a Celica. I'm a little disappointed as to how fast it goes. Mine's probably about 260hp with a few mods but if you want any more than that, you have to consider going for something like a single T3/T4 upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I have a MA610 Chassis (84 Celica Supra) with a 1g-gte Engine so it will work, You might have to modify the oil pan (sump) and cut a new gear lever position though. I jus have one question though, Can you tell me the right Air-Flow meter for that engine (number located on the said meter).

B

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Why not convert the 1G-GTE to a 1G-GZE? will give you smoother boost and with the ABV mod will gove you boost from basically idle. can only get about a max. of 15psi with a pulley kit but you can make them quite quick....Just a thought. Had a 1G-GZE in 86 soarer and it was !Removed! quick.

but as i said...just a thought dude! good luck anyway.

p.s. The 1G-GTE and 1G-GZE are pretty reliable :D

• 5 months later...

To all those undertaking the project of a 1ggte or 1ggze engine transplant into a Ga 61 or Gz10 soarer should know its an easy project as the engine mounts will be the same on the 1ggte as they are on the 1gg or 1geu. the only problems you will encounter is intercooler piping and fuel flow. My tips to anyone who is about to embark on the project is that you will have to change the sump and oil pickup of the 1ggte/1ggze to that of the n/a 1g twin cam or single cam.

Does anyone know or has anyone done an F series diff conversion to a Gz10 soarer as myn has a factory T series???