Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Phone

Norfolk n Chance

Which Phone?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. N96 or 5800?

• N96
    • Other... Please Specify

Righ am due an upgrade and have narrowed it down to between 2 phones

Either Nokia 5800 Touchscreen

or Nokia N96

Currently have an N95 8GB so the N96 is closest to that spec wise but the 5800 also appeals as an alternative to the iPhone.

So given the choice of the two... which would peeps go for?

I did ask if i could have both but it seems O2 aren't that generous! :lol:

It's not one of your options but have you considered:

Samsung i8510

I bought one last week, it's very similar to the N96 looks & function wise but I think it's excellent. Boyfriend has the N95 and has commented on how well built the Samsung is in comparison to that.

It's a great phone with some excellent features and certainly worth a look if you are looking towards the N96 :yes: And the 8 mega pixel camera is excellent too - you won't get that on your N96 ;)

Hmm... have always gone for Nokia's... hence the poll options... because of the extremely user friendly interface..

But the write up for the Samsung sounds good as it has the same operating system now...

:wacko:

Maybe i should've said please don't confuse me by mentioning other phones!!! :lol:

(Have added an "Other" option now! :P )

N96 doesn't seem to offer much extra as a new phone compared to the N95

I don't like the 5800 so i've not picked for the pole

Some help this has been!!

3 votes, one for each option and one 'no preference' :lol:

i played on my sisters 5800 yesterday and fell in love with it even more!

Its easy, the touch screen is responcive unlike my XDA i had. Guitar hero is fun, you can get sky tv on it, the sound quality is amazing, its not as awkward as you'd think and its a brilliant peice of gear. clearly the best choice over the N96 (it also has most of the N96's features like iPlayer and that)

I looked at the 5800 but for me, the Samsung was just miles better in almost every way.... plus the reviews for it aren't that great, the Samsung has had almost consistent excellent reviews.... :D

Well I fricking love mine regardless! :wub:

I would buy the one that makes telephone calls :huh:

I have a Nokia and I don't have a clue what model it is.... I can send and receive both calls and text messages and it has bluetooth connection which is important. Other than that I don't care what model I have ;)

Gaz just go to somewhere like the Link or carphone warehouse and say you're interested in a few models and they will let you have a play with them :)

I just personaly like the 5800, sky sports and news wings it for me.

Haven't used the Samsung but then I've only ever had Sony Ericssons or Nokias (had an XDA but it was useless)

http://tinyurl.com/c9gqjg

there you go lol. thing is with my k800 i got a memory card slot, i also got the cd/earphones etc.

lol but with the 5800 you get a 8gig memory card, but apart from size weight etc and camera there isn't much in it between the 5800 and Samsung thing

Righ well after much arguing, numerous telephone calls and finally getting my mate that works at O2 involved i've finally sorted it!

I was on a really old BT Genie contract which they've been desparate to get me off for years.... it seems now they are getting tough and would only discount the price of the phone if i changed contracts.

So i've changed from 500mins & 500 texts for £20/month to 400mins & 1000 texts for £30/month with a £15/month discount for the length of the contract :lol:

They are unable to offer any discounts on the N96 so i've decided not to pay £290 when i can have the 5800 for free!! :P

This poll didn't help either as the final votes were 2 for each option!! :lol:

Righ well after much arguing, numerous telephone calls and finally getting my mate that works at O2 involved i've finally sorted it!

I was on a really old BT Genie contract which they've been desparate to get me off for years.... it seems now they are getting tough and would only discount the price of the phone if i changed contracts.

So i've changed from 500mins & 500 texts for £20/month to 400mins & 1000 texts for £30/month with a £15/month discount for the length of the contract :lol:

They are unable to offer any discounts on the N96 so i've decided not to pay £290 when i can have the 5800 for free!! :P

did you get the sky tv package with it :P

for my £30 i'll get 600 mins and unlimited texts and sky sports and news :)

good choice though haha :D

did you get the sky tv package with it :P

for my £30 i'll get 600 mins and unlimited texts and sky sports and news :)

good choice though haha :D

Sky package??

No idea... but i have unlimited web browsing so that's enough to check scores.... and i'll just watch Sky at home! :lol:

I was offered that £30 tariff for £20 ;)

I have a Nokia and I don't have a clue what model it is.... I can send and receive both calls and text messages and it has Bluetooth connection which is important. Other than that I don't care what model I have ;)

I reckon you have a Nokia 3110 Classic , same as mine :thumbsup:

I want what you want from a phone & it does it excellently :D

I have a Nokia and I don't have a clue what model it is.... I can send and receive both calls and text messages and it has Bluetooth connection which is important. Other than that I don't care what model I have ;)

Thought you and Steve were much younger.... :wheelchair:

:P :lol:

Thought you and Steve were much younger.... :wheelchair:

We are :lol: We are 29 @ heart :rolleyes: Can't find my Birth Cert anywhere :unsure:

what network is that on???

ive got £180 worth of credit a month to use how i like for £30!!! on t-mobile!!!!

ive got £180 worth of credit a month to use how i like for £30!!! on t-mobile!!!!

Erm.... as my mate works at O2....

I also get Unlimited O2 to O2 calls which is handy as most of my mates/family are on O2 ;)

Erm.... as my mate works at O2....

I also get Unlimited O2 to O2 calls which is handy as most of my mates/family are on O2 ;)

ooooo missed that bit......i have selective reading :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links