Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Light

slinky

Hi,

Can anyone help me I dont know much about cars being female lol, but have been having problems with the engine management light for the past 9 months, had parts replaced and it not corrected the fault, they now think its a sensor, have spent £500 so far and problem still not resolved, the garage now think that its the air outlet manifold??? and want to charge me £130.00 to replace it, what do I do to find out if this is the problem

You got some car details? Any info on what the garage has found/replaced so far?

You got some car details? Any info on what the garage has found/replaced so far?

Hi

Its a toyota yaris V reg 1 litre, so far they have replaced plugs as that what they thought it was, which seemed ok for about a week when the light came on again, then they checked again and it read a different fault so they re set it and told me to see how it went, it came on again about 2 days later so they sent it to a different garage to read what fault showed and it was a different problem and they replaced another part, but cant remember what it was but something to do with the petrol mix as was using more that usual, the light came on again about 4 days later so the garage took another look at it and said that it wasnt a faulty part and that the sensor said that it was the air outlet manifold, havent had it done as the light keeps going on and off. Guy at the garage has been repairing my car for the last 7 years and is a good bloke and I trust him, but am nervous that if I have this manifold fixed at £130 it may not solve the problem and the light may come on again and really dont know what to d. Dont know a great deal about the working of a car so any thoughts would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Its good that you've got a mechanic that you can trust. I'm not familiar with the term "air outlet manifold" so am a little confused. Looking at what else you've said i'm just wondering if its an oxygen sensor fault. This sits in the exhaust near the exhaust manifold and monitors the fuel/air mixture basically. If you could get a fault code then that may help. Should start with the letter 'P' then four numbers.

Hi,

Can anyone help me I dont know much about cars being female lol, but have been having problems with the engine management light for the past 9 months, had parts replaced and it not corrected the fault, they now think its a sensor, have spent £500 so far and problem still not resolved, the garage now think that its the air outlet manifold??? and want to charge me £130.00 to replace it, what do I do to find out if this is the problem

hi

Its good that you've got a mechanic that you can trust. I'm not familiar with the term "air outlet manifold" so am a little confused. Looking at what else you've said i'm just wondering if its an oxygen sensor fault. This sits in the exhaust near the exhaust manifold and monitors the fuel/air mixture basically. If you could get a fault code then that may help. Should start with the letter 'P' then four numbers.

Hi thanks for the advice am going to the garage tomorrow and will ask them what the fault is now and let you know what they say. really appreaciate you taking the time to help

Could it be the EGR system???

Not sure about the Yaris, but on the supras there is an easy way to read error codes using just a paper clip... I am sure someone could talk you through the Yaris process post up the code and someone can help diagnose it.

Take it you have tried the obvious thing of disconnecting the Battery overnight to clear all codes?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links