Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Console Swop?

TiMiX

Hi all, got a strange question. I have a 1996 Celica GT with out aircon so has the standerd heater controls.

Im looking to replace the heater unit as the surface coating is coming off and its looking a right mess :unsure: I'v seen

lots of the auto (with air-con see pic below) controls for sale so my question is do you think it is possible to hook up this type to my car and get it working,

anyone tryed it??

Bonus would be having the auto feature to help maintain temperature and they look alot nicer then the chunky fan and heat knobs.

Cheers :)

Toyota_Celica_Heater_Control_Unit_5.jpg

unless you have the wiring loom plug and the motor servo pack and flap control rods i very much doubt it . plus it uses aircon to regulate a constant temperature inside the car , without aircon what do you think it will use to cool the car when its hot outside in the summer . ???

unless you have the wiring loom plug and the motor servo pack and flap control rods i very much doubt it . plus it uses aircon to regulate a constant temperature inside the car , without aircon what do you think it will use to cool the car when its hot outside in the summer . ???

:lol: well obviously it can only use the outside air temp to regulate the car but thats fine, it will still regulate the temperature to some degree as i can now.

Well i suppose thats the question, i have all of the rods and servos already just be missing the one that controls the hot and cold air mix flap. Also is the

thermocouple for the thermostat in the unit or located else where in the car?

I know this isnt a case of stick it in with some duck tape and bobs ya uncle :D it will be tricky just trying to see would would be involed.

its in the car on the dash near the steering wheel.

its in the car on the dash near the steering wheel.

Ya wondered if it was that little vent. Well, might give it ago as need to do something and would be an intresting project ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links