Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 D-4d Vers. Corolla T Sport

SF695

You really should have posted this in the Corolla forum aswell as the feedback you probably get here is slightly bias, if you were soley going on 0-60 a CTS-C (corolla ts compressor) would beat the CTR hands down, now question, and seeing tax isnt an issue for you I would recommend a CTS ir CTS-C as they are not as common as CTR and people dont really know much about them so when u say i have a Corolla that runs near enough 200bhp people start asking questions :thumbsup:

No brainer in my opinion mate. B)

Except for the fact that it's using 8000 rpm to achive those 200 bhp, and that's with the compressor. The T180 on the other hand, makes roughly the same output as the none compressor 2ZZ-GE, more than twice the torque and it does it all below 4000 rpm and doubtless it can be tuned to 200 bhp or more.

A compressor runs at 215bhp and can be easily tuned to 250bhp with a intercooler and diy pulley kit... and having driven and sr180 yes it has some power and alot of torque but wouldnt trouble a compressor in a race... hopefully there will be a group of auris sr 180s going to the pod tomorrow!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SF695

• Rick D4D

• Norfolk n Chance

• boozehound

You really should have posted this in the Corolla forum aswell as the feedback you probably get here is slightly bias, if you were soley going on 0-60 a CTS-C (corolla ts compressor) would beat the CTR hands down, now question, and seeing tax isnt an issue for you I would recommend a CTS ir CTS-C as they are not as common as CTR and people dont really know much about them so when u say i have a Corolla that runs near enough 200bhp people start asking questions :thumbsup:

No brainer in my opinion mate. B)

Except for the fact that it's using 8000 rpm to achive those 200 bhp, and that's with the compressor. The T180 on the other hand, makes roughly the same output as the none compressor 2ZZ-GE, more than twice the torque and it does it all below 4000 rpm and doubtless it can be tuned to 200 bhp or more.

your talking about 2 entirely different engines that shouldnt be compared. they provide entirely different driving experiences and are suited to different people.

Ive driven an sr180 and was totally bored by it. my old rover only had 130bhp and 270lfbt and it would have eaten one alive.

theres a fair few CTS owners heading to pod this weekend, feel free to bring a TR/SR down, but again, its probably not your thing. so each to their own ;)

Ofcourse they are different engines, but they are used in similar cars. If they weren't i wouldn't compare them.

then you should really compare the corolla sr d4d not the t sport.

in which case yeah the auris is faster. but in reality, theyr eboth nice cars, they both have great reliability. ;)

The Corolla D-4D doens't have 177 bhp and 400 NM

then you should really compare the corolla sr d4d not the t sport.

in which case yeah the auris is faster. but in reality, theyr eboth nice cars, they both have great reliability. ;)

Yeah thats true although an Corolla SR can be tuned to be as fast or if not faster than the sr180 ;)

Nor does a Big Mac and large fries, but its the only fair comparisson you can make between the model ranges! :P

Runs on tractor juice.... should be bought only for transporting hay.....

CTS FTW!

:toast:

No your right the Corolla SR may have alot less BHP but it has 360NM and 440NM with a plug n play... so for money value the corolla SR is well up there, you can pick up a Rolla SR for £7-8k spend another 1k mod'in it and its still cheaper than the sr180 looks better and will perform better :thumbsup:

Nor does a Big Mac and large fries, but its the only fair comparisson you can make between the model ranges! :P

That's your opinion, but i don't think you can compare a 2.2 diesel with a 2.0 diesel any more than you can compare a 1.8 petrol with a 2.0 petrol(T sport v. Civic Type R)

The T sport and the Auris T180 have roughly the same power output and roughly the same acceleration numbers, so i see nothing unfair with the comparisation.

That's your opinion, but i don't think you can compare a 2.2 diesel with a 2.0 diesel any more than you can compare a 1.8 petrol with a 2.0 petrol(T sport v. Civic Type R)

The T sport and the Auris T180 have roughly the same power output and roughly the same acceleration numbers, so i see nothing unfair with the comparisation.

They are as compatible as Chalk and Cheese :blink:

I agree, they also have doors, wheels, chassis etc etc

you also see nothing unfair with petrol vs diesel. or turbo vs nasp. its no wonder you dont see that the comparisson blows.

its by far more realistic to compare a turbo charged 2.0 diesel, to a turbo charged 2.2 diesel than a 1.8 nasp petrol..... come on, be realistic. but if you want i could just say things like ''whateva my cts will beat you off da line an smokez youz...... 'innit..... ''.

you also see nothing unfair with petrol vs diesel. or turbo vs nasp. its no wonder you dont see that the comparisson blows.

its by far more realistic to compare a turbo charged 2.0 diesel, to a turbo charged 2.2 diesel than a 1.8 nasp petrol..... come on, be realistic. but if you want i could just say things like ''whateva my cts will beat you off da line an smokez youz...... 'innit..... ''.

Correction, i see nothing wrong with comparing a 2.2 Turbo Diesel with a 1.8 NA Petrol, since NA v. NA would allways be in favor of the petrol with a given displacement

These engines are at the oposite ends of the world, yet are used in similar cars, which is why the comparisation is interesting IMO

your opinion has been found wanting.

game over.

You can compare the 2 strictly as 2 cars in the same positions in their range, both sporty flagships and Auris being the direct replacement to Corolla.

I think SF has narrowed down to 2 cars in mind and just wanted opinions on them, lets not crucify the man for that. :thumbsup:

your opinion has been found wanting.

game over.

You can compare the 2 strictly as 2 cars in the same positions in their range, both sporty flagships and Auris being the direct replacement to Corolla.

I think SF has narrowed down to 2 cars in mind and just wanted opinions on them, lets not crucify the man for that. :thumbsup:

Excactly. Thanks.

Regarding the engine. You can compare communism and facism and ask which one is worse, since they both are totalitarian dictatorships, but are ideologically oposites. Same thing here. The engines are in principel totally different, but yet they share the same power output and are used in similar cars.

And as you just pointed out, the Auris is the Corolla's successor in the hatch category, which would make the Auris T180 the Corolla T sport's successor. No other car in the present Corolla or Auris line up is compareble with the Corolla T sport

No your right the Corolla SR may have alot less BHP but it has 360NM and 440NM with a plug n play... so for money value the corolla SR is well up there, you can pick up a Rolla SR for £7-8k spend another 1k mod'in it and its still cheaper than the sr180 looks better and will perform better :thumbsup:

well have a look at the price of this http://systems.slm.co.uk/cgi-bin/usedcars/...ot&id=68644 this car is £1000 cheaper on the toyota website so one websites details are wrong

not bad for £18000 worth of car and makes spending £9k on a corolla a bit stupid.

I can't see what the problem is - everyone esp. the t-sport owners are so defensive.

Firstly, you can compare a t-sport with a sr180

Secondly, quite a few owners have had both cars and everyone agrees they are opposites - i've had all three.

T-Sports are good for thrills, better suited to <14k miles a year

sr180's are good for >12k miles a year, have lots of kit, comfortable and quick.

So if your looking for knife edge fun you won't find it in a sr180. To complicate things if i were looking for that i'd choose an old shape type-r having had one for a short while comparing it to the t-sports.

However, having driven all 3, really there isn't worlds of difference between the compressor and t-sport. Its quicker but not by that much. And comparing the sr180 against the t-sport, as we've said, off the line the 1st and 2nd gear of diesels don't do it many favours but in gear acceleration is easily the same if not better than a t-sport over sensible speeds and distances.

Whether its as quick racing i wouldn't have a clue, i've never raced any of these 3 cars in my life. I drive to and from work and some other UK road trips and thats it. When that is all you do you get the occasional chance to have an acceleration run with many different types of cars. A vrS, type-r, golf TDI's BMW 330d's, GTI's, cooper s Audi 2T + most cars with the GTI engine including the Leon, t-sports, pretty much all other hot hatch or fast car owners like to have a run and you can then benchmark your car against theirs. Then you get an idea of how quick yours is and apart from a 335d, WRX and porsche boxster S - they are the only cars that have out ran me in 2 years.

What i have found is diesel engines do pull a hell of a lot better than a BHP equivalent petrol engine. E.g. the twin turbo 123d is VERY quick on the go.

I can't see what the problem is - everyone esp. the t-sport owners are so defensive.

So if your looking for knife edge fun you won't find it in a sr180. To complicate things if i were looking for that i'd choose an old shape type-r having had one for a short while comparing it to the t-sports.

The reason they are so defensive is because the SR180 / T180 is a diesel :o and petrol heads dont like that fact, just look at JC.

Well said about the old CTR (EP3), they are very raw to drive and &#33;Removed&#33; quick for the price, fit a KPro ecu and you gain about 20bhp low down, 40bhp mid range and about 10bhp top end, a 40bhp increase mid range is about 20% so that is a lot of extra power from a very quick N/A engine.

The reason they are so defensive is because the SR180 / T180 is a diesel :o and petrol heads dont like that fact, just look at JC.

Which is one of the reasons i didn't post this in the Corolla forum. And i dind't have to, because i knew the opinion of the present T sport drivers.

I prefer petrol too, but i admit that my preference is partly based on prejudice. Like diesels are noísy and don't have enough power. On the other hand, if i really wanted a high reving petrol engine, with lots of power for it's size i would buy a Honda. High rpm power, is Honda's tradename. But allthough they are fast and fun to drive, you have to take into consideration your every day driving needs. How many of you drive above 5000 rpm most of the time?

The Honda is a nice drive mate and more than willing to go, the vtec which is around 5-6000rpm depending on the car makes it go like stink but without the vtec its still quick. The T180 diesel is very quite and if you have not tried a test drive in one then I think you should, You will be shocked thats for sure.

I will try it some day. But for the time being i'm gonna keep my old Avensis. It's too good to sell for the price i can hope getting for it and having had it for 10 years i'm kind of attached to it. And allthough on paper it only has 128 hp it can keep up pretty good with a lot of newer cars, claiming to have more power.

However, when i am gonna get another car, the T180 Auris would be pretty high on the list, if i was to stick with Toyota

lets get a big thing straight, the t180's engine is an incredibly refined engine that puts out the same power as the range rover/land rover td V6 2.7 diesel engine. The car is specifically designed to be a hatchback that feels like a powerful cruiser, not something that is nip quick round the corners and sounds like a motorbike on steroids at 8thousand revs. It has and can hold off a civic type R as i have also done but it was built not to do such things. The same engine is also in the lexus 220d, now is that a hot hatch? No, end of, now stop bickering and go and look at part one and part two of my review of the t180 auris lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4ymI_3RrY

lets get a big thing straight, the t180's engine is an incredibly refined engine that puts out the same power as the range rover/land rover td V6 2.7 diesel engine. The car is specifically designed to be a hatchback that feels like a powerful cruiser, not something that is nip quick round the corners and sounds like a motorbike on steroids at 8thousand revs. It has and can hold off a civic type R as i have also done but it was built not to do such things. The same engine is also in the lexus 220d, now is that a hot hatch? No, end of, now stop bickering and go and look at part one and part two of my review of the t180 auris lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4ymI_3RrY

I had seen it, but thanks anyway. Maybe someday you'll post a video while driving it?

Also, does anyone have numbers regarding chip/ecu tuning of this engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links