Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.2 D-4d Vers. Corolla T Sport

SF695

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SF695

• Rick D4D

• Norfolk n Chance

• boozehound

Found one. http://www.dieseltuner.co.uk/toyota.html

215 hp, 465 NM.

Would this compremise reliability?

I had a Mercedes diesel chipped a few years ago and had loads of leaking injector seal problems, Mercedes diesels are prone for this and I did also have problems before I chipped it. This was caused by a design fault but I would not bother chipping again.

http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/mypage.98.htm

By the way boozehound needs to stop drinking because there is no way a T180 will hold off a CTR what is nearly 2 seconds faster from 0-60 and 20% lighter :laughing: , the T180 may keep the CTR honest when in gear but I assure you it will not hold it off. I once read a review in a magazine on a 2002 scooby and CTR and 0-60 the scooby (2.0l Turbo 4wd just before the 2.5l was released) was nearly 2 seconds quicker, 0-100 and the CTR was 0.2 seconds faster so from 60-100 the CTR pulled back a lot of ground, ILMFAO when you think its as quick, more like the CTR driver chose not to race you on a public road which may I point out is illegal. If you fancy a play with a CTR there is a meet at the end of march at Santa Pod and I would be more than happy to bet you hard cash the T180 is at least 2 seconds slower if you fancy your luck.

However, when i am gonna get another car, the T180 Auris would be pretty high on the list, if i was to stick with Toyota

Welcome to TOC's most pointless thread...

"Let's compare two cars i don't like as i'm not buying either!"

:dots:

However, when i am gonna get another car, the T180 Auris would be pretty high on the list, if i was to stick with Toyota

You don't have to read this thread. Nor do you have to comment on it.

215 hp, 465 NM.

I had a Mercedes diesel chipped a few years ago and had loads of leaking injector seal problems, Mercedes diesels are prone for this and I did also have problems before I chipped it. This was caused by a design fault but I would not bother chipping again.

By the way boozehound needs to stop drinking because there is no way a T180 will hold off a CTR what is nearly 2 seconds faster from 0-60 and 20% lighter :laughing: , the T180 may keep the CTR honest when in gear but I assure you it will not hold it off. I once read a review in a magazine on a 2002 scooby and CTR and 0-60 the scooby (2.0l Turbo 4wd just before the 2.5l was released) was nearly 2 seconds quicker, 0-100 and the CTR was 0.2 seconds faster so from 60-100 the CTR pulled back a lot of ground, ILMFAO when you think its as quick, more like the CTR driver chose not to race you on a public road which may I point out is illegal. If you fancy a play with a CTR there is a meet at the end of march at Santa Pod and I would be more than happy to bet you hard cash the T180 is at least 2 seconds slower if you fancy your luck.

I think he is trying to make the point, that diesels are faster with a rolling start. And a fast car can be many things. Being faster from 0-100 does not make you faster from 100-200

Why create the thread in the first place?

If you're not sticking with Toyota why do you care?

This thread is comparing a TURBO diesel against an N/A petrol.... anybody see a huge difference as to why you can't fairly compare the two??

215 hp, 465 NM.

I think he is trying to make the point, that diesels are faster with a rolling start. And a fast car can be many things. Being faster from 0-100 does not make you faster from 100-200

The point is it does not matter the CTR is quicker full stop..... If the CTR was in 6th doing 40mph and did not change gear then the T180 would be quicker but if the T180 was in 6th at the same speed with the same rules then its neck and neck, but the T180 can only really use 6th well 55mph+ where as the CTR will drive in 6th pretty well from 30mph to the rev limiter.

Very pointless but the fact is the T180 is slower, but then again has I and others have said they are 2 very different cars and I will point out that I think the T180 / SR180 is one of the best under 2.5l diesel engines on the market and the power figures are very impressive.

This thread is comparing a TURBO diesel against an N/A petrol.... anybody see a huge difference as to why you can't fairly compare the two??

It is very likely that i will stick with Toyota. An alternative could be Lexus, but that's still "in the family"

Second, comparing a NA diesel with a NA petrol with the same displacement, would be unfair and pointless. Comparing a turbo diesel with a turbo petrol with the same displacement would also be unfair and pointless.

But comparing a 2.2 turbo diesel, with a NA 1.8 petrol gives the diesel a fair chance.

It is very likely that i will stick with Toyota. An alternative could be Lexus, but that's still "in the family"

Second, comparing a NA diesel with a NA petrol with the same displacement, would be unfair and pointless. Comparing a turbo diesel with a turbo petrol with the same displacement would also be unfair and pointless.

But comparing a 2.2 turbo diesel, with a NA 1.8 petrol gives the diesel a fair chance.

A fair chance of what??

Comparing a bigger engined turbo diesel with a smaller engined N/A petrol is unfair and pointless.

If you're not buying either car mentioned in this thread then the thread too is pointless....

A fair chance of what??

Comparing a bigger engined turbo diesel with a smaller engined N/A petrol is unfair and pointless.

If you're not buying either car mentioned in this thread then the thread too is pointless....

A fair chance of keeping up. Everybody knows that a petrol engine puts out more horsepower than a diesel because of the fact that they can rev twice as high or more. The diesels however usually have more torque NA. With increased displacement and the addition of turbo, that advantage in torque can be made high enough to produce the same horsepower within the diesels rpm range, and at the same time me more economical.

If you think it's pointless to compare, then but out

The point is it does not matter the CTR is quicker full stop..... If the CTR was in 6th doing 40mph and did not change gear then the T180 would be quicker but if the T180 was in 6th at the same speed with the same rules then its neck and neck, but the T180 can only really use 6th well 55mph+ where as the CTR will drive in 6th pretty well from 30mph to the rev limiter.

Very pointless but the fact is the T180 is slower, but then again has I and others have said they are 2 very different cars and I will point out that I think the T180 / SR180 is one of the best under 2.5l diesel engines on the market and the power figures are very impressive.

I don't doubt for a minute that the CTR would wipe the floor with the T180 in a drag race. But in your daily driving on the road, the acceleration numbers for the T180 may not give it justice compared to the CTR.

Also, speaking about drag race. Some years ago, the Opel Astra and the Honda Civic were put head to head in a drag race. The time to reach 100 km/h was the same for both cars. But the Civic used more track, putting it infront of the Astra. So, time doesn't tell us everything.

If you think it's pointless to compare, then but out

I think it's incredibly pointless to compare two cars of which you are interested in buying neither.

But out??

I take it you only want replies from people that share your opinion?

That does not make this thread a discussion in the slightest.

I'm off to start a new thread "An Aygo is faster than a Veyron (only reply if you share this opinion if not but out)"

Get my drift?

You asked for opinions but it seems that if the opinions don't match your own then you don't want to hear them, if that's the case then don't start a thread in the first place.

The only opinion you expressed was, that this threat it pointless. Which makes it pretty pointless for you to post on here.

What i'm gonna buy or not buy is for me to find out and of no concern of yours.

The opinions that were expressed by myself and other CTS owners was that you couldn't fairly compare a turbo diesel and a petrol.

You chose to completely ignore that point which shows you are blatantly not open to both sides of the arguement.... that's what makes this thread pointless.

If you are going to start a thread comparing two cars then you need to be open to the opinions from both camps if not then there is little point asking the question in the first place.

Every time a CTS owner has expressed an opinion it has been shot down in flames that makes this a very biased thread.

I don't really care what you are/are not buying i was simply replying to a thread you started as i own a CTS.

Now, i didn't excactly compare the engines to begin with. I compared the cars, because as i(and several others) see it, the Auris T180 is the Corolla T sport's sucessor, despite having a diesel engine. No other car in the Auris/Corolla lineup in production can be compared to the T sport, regarding performance.

Wheather the comparisation is fair or not depends on the point of view. If you care about horsepower pr. cc. then yes, the 2ZZ-GE is the better engine. If you care about horsepower pr. gallon, then the diesel is better.

If on the other hand, we were to compare a 2.0 NA petrol, with a 2.0 NA diesel it would be a question of performance versus fuelefficiency, while this thread is more of a question if you like high reving engines or torquey fuelefficient engines

the Auris T180 is the Corolla T sport's sucessor, despite having a diesel engine. No other car in the Auris/Corolla lineup in production can be compared to the T sport, regarding performance.
Many would disagree becuase Toyota have not got a true hot hatch. If the Auris was not there would you be comapring it to RAV T180? They are completely different cars that can not be compaired. T Sport is a nimble sports hatch back comparable with the Civic type R ideal for track(ish) and road driving, and T180 is an semi-econmical long distance cruiser ideal for the family comparable with BMW 318d/320d, Seat/VW d's etc...

the Auris T180 is the Corolla T sport's sucessor, despite having a diesel engine. No other car in the Auris/Corolla lineup in production can be compared to the T sport, regarding performance.
Many would disagree becuase Toyota have not got a true hot hatch. If the Auris was not there would you be comapring it to RAV T180? They are completely different cars that can not be compaired. T Sport is a nimble sports hatch back comparable with the Civic type R ideal for track(ish) and road driving, and T180 is an semi-econmical long distance cruiser ideal for the family comparable with BMW 318d/320d, Seat/VW d's etc...

:thumbsup:

well me and T sport 1978 have held off ctr's, the type r i held off was the previous model not the current one. And well he sped off at about 70mph after he overtook me so obv he didnt care bout the law

well me and T sport 1978 have held off ctr's, the type r i held off was the previous model not the current one. And well he sped off at about 70mph after he overtook me so obv he didnt care bout the law

This CTR has 20bhp more and is approx 20% lighter than a T180 hence 1.5 seconds faster 0-60 and sticks to the road like tar, You are dreaming I suggest you wake up and smell what your typing

DSCF0104.jpg

go and look at his other posts, on this post in particular in page one or two he says wot he did,

Well I dont see T sport 1978 commenting

Haha :lol:

How ever much i would like that to be true (that T180 can hold off CTR) I dont think i have ever made such a claim, the only reference i made to another car or experience is that i was beaten to a pulp by a Clio 172 round some twisty B roads when i had my T Sport.

Saying this I once had an interesting encounter with a S2000 (in my T180) up to 40mph before reaching a roundabout from stand still, we were neck and neck believe it or not. OK, his 240bhp would prevail eventually, but it goes to show that torque has the upper hand till a certain point! :P

T Sport put a sensible well commented post up, you just keep talking crap as in the fact that your T180 is faster than a CTR, I HAVE OWNED BOTH CARS and I assure you that yes the T180 is quick but its not a CTR beater and this is fact.

I will not comment on this subject any further as to be honest I cant be bothered.

Well I dont see T sport 1978 commenting

Haha :lol:

How ever much i would like that to be true (that T180 can hold off CTR) I dont think i have ever made such a claim, the only reference i made to another car or experience is that i was beaten to a pulp by a Clio 172 round some twisty B roads when i had my T Sport.

Saying this I once had an interesting encounter with a S2000 (in my T180) up to 40mph before reaching a roundabout from stand still, we were neck and neck believe it or not. OK, his 240bhp would prevail eventually, but it goes to show that torque has the upper hand till a certain point! :P

:D :D I have never drove a S2000 but my neighbour who works at Honda told me the CTR is better, the problem with the S2000 he told me is they are a little nervous due to problems getting the power down with the rear wheel drive, I would like one for the summer but my days of Hot hatches are now finished

:crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links