Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Help

jlock

Well after finding out i cant fit in the newer shape celica i quite fancy a 1999 GT now.

But i would like some opinions on advantages and disadvantages over say a mk4 golf 1.8T gti, i am really struggling to make up my mind so any help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

John

Any one? I just really want some opinions from people who own one and what its like etc....

Cheers,

John

I would say go for the Celica (not that im biased or anything!!)

Theres pros and cons of both cars.

Performance wise the Celica would be slightly quicker, don't be fooled by the Golf having a turbo they aren't particular fast cars.

Celica looks alot better.

I suppose for practicallity reasons the Golf would be a better bet for carrying rear seat passengers, especially the 5 door but you can fit an awful lot of stuff in a Celica boot.

Ive had my Celica for 15 months now with no reliability issues and thats a 1995 GT-Four model so if looked after the Toyota reliability is top notch.

I suppose you'll have to have a go in both cars and make your mind up from there, you may find one of them is completely the right/wrong choice to make.

Cheers man, yeah i knew i was gonna get some biased opinions but i just wanted to know what the celica is from an owners point of view rather than just reading the stats, i went to have a look at one that was close by but it was the st rather than th gt and the guy wanted way too much for it anyway but at least i know i fit in it :D i think i may be swaying towards the celica B)

Get the GT-Four its the only way you will feel complete haha.

dammit , i refuse to spend 2 grand on insurance otherwise i would! i hate insurance companies :angry:

How old are you i might be able to find you something and how many years no claims

Actually have you tried sky insurance or adrian flux, if you search around you can always find it cheaper even if it means going third party fire and theft.

im 19 with 0 no claims as i was only a named driver but was collecting named driver ones but then th insurance company + my mail room at halls teamed up to ubik it all up so iv got to start again....... its a long story lol

So basically iv ended up with 0 ncb, cheapest i could find was around 2 grand with elephant i think

im 19 with 0 no claims as i was only a named driver but was collecting named driver ones but then th insurance company + my mail room at halls teamed up to ubik it all up so iv got to start again....... its a long story lol

So basically iv ended up with 0 ncb, cheapest i could find was around 2 grand with elephant i think

ah right i was assuming you would have about 2yrs ncb ha thats pretty good mind you, 2 grand but them 2 companies may be cheaper. Sounds like you got well f*cked over.

i actually checked again and its 1800 which i suppose isnt too bad but i ws looking to spend around 1300 max which is around about what the gt is.

Basically my mail room sent all the letters from my ins. company back to sender so then they cancelled my policy and wouldnt honour my ncb's anymore :ffs:

***** i would have raised hell, there is no way i would have let that stand. 1800 that is so close i suppose the gt would be better, the gt4 once you get it, you enjoy it, you mod it i suppose its a good hobby just costs money.

1295 was the cheapest i could find i was quite pleasantly surprised if im honest, was expecting a much larger quote after checking up on parkers :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links