Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Oil Comsumption And Cd Player

aaddee

Hi,

Just bought a 52 plate 2 wheel drive RAV 4.

Loads of questions to ask but just two for now........

Does any one know if the Toyota CD player model 58806 as fitted to the MR2 will run the outside temperature display and trip computer functions if I fit it into our RAV 4?

and

The well documented oil comsumption problems with the 1.8 vvti engine.... does this inflict the RAV 4? most of the posts relating to this problem appear to be in the Avensis section of the forum. Our RAV 4 shows no evidence of this at 64k at the moment. Are all 1.8 vvti's affected or just some? As we have already bought the car it would be nice if we could be reassured that not all 1.8's are affected.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Just bought a 52 plate 2 wheel drive RAV 4.

Loads of questions to ask but just two for now........

Does any one know if the Toyota CD player model 58806 as fitted to the MR2 will run the outside temperature display and trip computer functions if I fit it into our RAV 4?

and

The well documented oil comsumption problems with the 1.8 vvti engine.... does this inflict the RAV 4? most of the posts relating to this problem appear to be in the Avensis section of the forum. Our RAV 4 shows no evidence of this at 64k at the moment. Are all 1.8 vvti's affected or just some? As we have already bought the car it would be nice if we could be reassured that not all 1.8's are affected.

Many thanks.

Welcome to the club.

I can't answer your question about the Cd player but somebody will soon.

I believe the oil consumption problems were addressed well before your RAV was produced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links