Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sourcing Parts

Fawbs

Ok just sourcing parts for an engine refurbishment and upgrade. I know it would be easy to just go through fensport and buy it all there but I have been shopping around and found a few parts cheaper. I know you can get some stuff on eBay cheaper but if anyone has got any sites to get stuff from at a cheapish price please let me know. ok this is what i am after for a celica gt4 st205

Full gasket kit

Head gasket preferrably 1.6mm

Light weight flywheel

cylinder head stud kit

Pistons 86.5mm, i am going to be using gapless rings from total seal no matter what

flywheel bolt kit

conrods

conrod bolt kit

main bearing bolt kit

main bearings

clutch

friction plate

adjustable cams gears

cams

valve springs

fmic

injectors

fuel pressure reg

Not everything is mandatory like cams which i can always do at a later date to save a few quid for now. If anyone wants to add anything to the list that i havent thought of and should upgrade, please feel free to mention it.

cheers

Mike

The thing is though, if you buy from Fensport you know that what you're getting is right.

shopping around for someone cheaper can be a false economy if you can't guarantee the quality/compatibility of what you're purchasing

The thing is though, if you buy from Fensport you know that what you're getting is right.

shopping around for someone cheaper can be a false economy if you can't guarantee the quality/compatibility of what you're purchasing

I know what you are on about i mean if its similar quality or even the same part but maybe some site has it on offer or something. Might be a long shot be i would rather save a few quid then blow it all at fensport. dawsey gave me a good site a month or two ago www.performanceunlimited.co.uk which has better choice for certain stuff and a little cheaper, plus that total seal site is brilliant don't know why more manufacturers use gapless rings more.

Full gasket kit - e-bay or partking on here

Head gasket preferrably 1.6mm - why 1.6? you'll destroy your low end, better with the standard 1.2 or 1.4 max unless your just going for straight line speed

cylinder head stud kit - ARP are the only choice for bolts IMO

main bearing bolt kit - ARP

most parts you'll be able to find on www.greenline.jp but with the yen to pound not being so good it might be cheaper to get from fensport

Ok just sourcing parts for an engine refurbishment and upgrade. I know it would be easy to just go through fensport and buy it all there but I have been shopping around and found a few parts cheaper. I know you can get some stuff on ebay cheaper but if anyone has got any sites to get stuff from at a cheapish price please let me know. ok this is what i am after for a celica gt4 st205

Full gasket kit

Head gasket preferrably 1.6mm

Light weight flywheel

cylinder head stud kit

Pistons 86.5mm, i am going to be using gapless rings from total seal no matter what

flywheel bolt kit

conrods

conrod bolt kit

main bearing bolt kit

main bearings

clutch

friction plate

adjustable cams gears

cams

valve springs

fmic

injectors

fuel pressure reg

Not everything is mandatory like cams which i can always do at a later date to save a few quid for now. If anyone wants to add anything to the list that i havent thought of and should upgrade, please feel free to mention it.

cheers

Mike

GTForbes you have experience with this engine is there anything else i am missing that i should be replacing/ upgrading apart from a full thorough service aswell and i thought the standard hg for this car was 1mm. Oh and don't worry about mappable ecu for now.

seams like a pretty exhaustive list, i'd possibly add oil and water pumps if your stripping it right down, and bearings on the side of the block for your timing gear.

you don't really need to lighten the flywheel, the engine is more than powerfull enough to spin it fast enough and if your upratingthe clutch a lightened flywheel can make it harder to drive at low speeds and in traffic.

the standard paper gasket on the rev2 (185) engine is only 1mm, AFAIK the metal one for the rev3(205) is 1.2mm and using that will keep a good strong low down power.

do a search on the ARP main stud bolts as i think they need a little modification to fit properly

don't buy your pistons untill you've measured and inspected your bores, you don't really want to re-bore it unless totally nessesary as the block can sometimes crack after re-boring

you won't need cam's unless your going to raise your rev limit and a mild set are pointless if your planning on getting a bigger set later as the standard ones are pretty good, defo better than 185 ones. adjustable cam gears are a good idea and not too expensive for the possible gains from the fine tuning available from them.

erm.. thats all i can think of from the top of my head, will post anything else i can think of later

Top advice there mate nice one, you mean all the pulleys etc on the side of the engine? water pump is new anyway and oil i always use millers top spec stuff. Well cams i can always mess with later when the engine is in so thats not a big problem, so i will be leaving the standard ones in. Just need to find a place to recon the head.

the pullies that the timing belt runs over? if so yeah thats what i ment, it's been a while since i've been in about there but if your wanting to try and save some pennies just replace the bearings inside the pullies from an engineering place, i have one locally that i've used before, unfortunately can't remember the name of it just now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links