Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Rav4 Xt3 - Fitting Front Fog-lamps

Russell W. Barnes

Our RAV just came with blank plates in lieu of front fog-lamps, and Mrs RWB would like to see lamps in there, like we had on our Verso previously. Is it an easy job to fit them, assuming I can obtain a set? Now, our verso had a position on the stalk to control them, but I appreciate that I will have to obtain a Toyota switch and utilise a blank plate, probably next to the instrument panel dimmer, as the stalk on our RAV just has a position for rear fogs.

I don't have a problem with wiring them, but, as I would like to keep the installation as authentic as possible, I was wondering if the existing wiring-loom had provision to connect them, rather than running independent wires and a relay.

Advice, please?

Hi Russell

If you are are reasonably competent you won't have any trouble fitting front fog lights. The proper Toyota kit actually uses a separate switch which you locate down by the panel dimmer switch and this is because to change the headlight switch would make the kit very expensive.

Most of the wiring is already there but the kit does come with a small loom that allows you to hack into the existing loom very easily. The most intimidating part is removing the front bumper but it really isn't a bad job. If you put a bit of masking tape near the body to stop it getting scratched and get somebody to just help lift it off and back on it is no trouble.

This link shows all the process and if you follow it to the letter it is dead straight forward;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...000%20539-1.pdf

If you pm Kingo (Parts-King) who is our resident Toyota parts man he will send you a kit to your home at a discounted rate. Avoid buying kits off the internet. They do exist but they tend to be imports for US RAVs and are not "e" marked which strictly speaking is a requirement. You will also find the Toyota kit more comprehensive and if you look at the attached instructions you will see that literally everything is included.

If you haven't got a garage just choose a fine day, lay some decorating sheets out to put the bumper on to avoid scratching the paint and enjoy yourself!

Pay attention to the note about disconnecting the Battery as you have to disconnect the knee airbag. You don't want a smack in the mouth off that!

Cheers.

'If you are are reasonably competent you won't have any trouble fitting front fog lights....'

'If you pm Kingo (Parts-King) who is our resident Toyota parts man he will send you a kit to your home at a discounted rate...'

Brilliant; thanks very much! I got my mudflaps from a supplier called Fish Bros (Swindon) and I was going to give them a call, but I shall certainly take on board your 'Parts-King' supplier. I don't (yet) know where to look for the best deal, but I'll no-doubt get told here.

Mrs RWB will be delighted!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links