Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Oil

fergus1

Hi guys i was wondering how i could check the gearbox oil leval on my 1999 1.6 avansis,or even how to do a compleat change on it,and what lio would i use to top it up if it needs any or what should i use to do a compleat change on it,any help would be great...

Hi guys i was wondering how i could check the gearbox oil leval on my 1999 1.6 avansis,or even how to do a compleat change on it,and what lio would i use to top it up if it needs any or what should i use to do a compleat change on it,any help would be great...

hello FERGUS1

as to gear oil -- manual (SAE 75W-90)

oil level checking: each gear unit has two plugged holes: first for fillin gin and second (bottom) for draining when oil change.

as to checking the oil level - please be refered to the threaded plug (must be unscrewed located on the side of housing) -- unscrew it and oil level must be on this hole height from the bottom. it is considered as OK. as you see this hole serves as for both filling and checking of the level. the oil must be poured into the gear box by means of a technical syringe with rubber hose of the same outer dia as the inner dia of this hole. when filled in - once the oil is slightly poured out from this hole - it mens OK. As to complete oil changing -- you have to have special can for dirty oil and drain it having unscrewed both drain and filling holes pluges --- wait until the whole oil volume will be drained. After have the drain plug O-gasket changed and screw in and tight. Once tighted start filling the gear box with fresh gear oil as above. Once oil appears in filling hole -- stop filling and have this plug screwd in (with new O-gasket, as well).

Cheers/Igor

hello FERGUS1

oil level checking: each gear unit has two plugged holes: first for fillin gin and second (bottom) for draining when oil change.

as to checking the oil level - please be refered to the threaded plug (must be unscrewed located on the side of housing) -- unscrew it and oil level must be on this hole height from the bottom. it is considered as OK. as you see this hole serves as for both filling and checking of the level. the oil must be poured into the gear box by means of a technical syringe with rubber hose of the same outer dia as the inner dia of this hole. when filled in - once the oil is slightly poured out from this hole - it mens OK. As to complete oil changing -- you have to have special can for dirty oil and drain it having unscrewed both drain and filling holes pluges --- wait until the whole oil volume will be drained. After have the drain plug O-gasket changed and screw in and tight. Once tighted start filling the gear box with fresh gear oil as above. Once oil appears in filling hole -- stop filling and have this plug screwd in (with new O-gasket, as well).

Cheers/Igor

hello FERGUS1

Cheers/Igor

if you are replacing the oil make sure you remove the filler plug before the drain plug

the reason for this is if the filler plug is siezed solid and you have already drained the oil your in trouble :(

if you are replacing the oil make sure you remove the filler plug before the drain plug

the reason for this is if the filler plug is siezed solid and you have already drained the oil your in trouble :(

goodadvice hamish lol,will try it this weekend and let u know how i get on

goodadvice hamish lol,will try it this weekend and let u know how i get on

yes for sure it must be removed first

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links