Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Model Sat Nav Will Fit My 2005 Avensis?

MarkUK

Hi,

I have just bought a 55 plate 2005 Avensis T3-X and I have noticed that the buttons for controlling the sat nav system are already fitted with the split display at the top of the dashboard. If the car is pre-wired (will check later) which model of sat nav will fit and should it be a case of simply connecting up the wires and away you go.

I have seen discussions about TNS200 and TNS300, but never which model was fitted from which date or to which car.

If anyone knows I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

You would be far cheaper and better buying a Tom Tom or a Garmin or something.

If the SatNav unit is not fitted in the car, I agree with cfc1. Don't buy a Toyota unit to fit in there, discs are way too expensive to keep it up to date.

P.S. 55 plate is too late for TNS200.

If the SatNav unit is not fitted in the car, I agree with cfc1. Don't buy a Toyota unit to fit in there, discs are way too expensive to keep it up to date.

P.S. 55 plate is too late for TNS200.

Thanks, I was just thinking that if I could pick up a unit s/h from somewhere it would at least be something that didnt need charging/hiding/removing/windscreen circle cleaning etc etc like a Tom Tom.

I saw that there were supp. new TNS200 for sale on eBay and wondered if that was what I needed.

From your comments I take it you think that the TNS300/310 is the more likely unit needed.

It's not just the cost of the unit you need to think about, it's getting hold of the updated discs.. a plug n play sat nav will be cheaper and easier.

I went to look at a T3-X that had the TNS 300 but it had no DVD drive under the seat and it showed two diffrent information screens like mpg ann how many miles left on fuel where on side would be reserved for the navigation screen. I bought a T-spirit and it had the DVD drive and the disc.

Has anyone tried to fit a TNS 700 on a 2005 avensis as the centre consoles are the same. The only problem would be is to get the DVD disc for it.

I have just fitted a Tom Tom 740 Live to my wifes T180 as she does not like the standard Nav and find it works far better than the OEM fitted one anyway. It has a bluetooth hands free that works exceptionally well and has camera detection capabilities as well so all in all i would hapilly remove the standard Nav if i found something better to fit as far as stereo's go and just use the Tom Tom.

It will work out far cheaper as well as working far better in the long run.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links