Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

****** Wit

T Sport 1978

Got rammed up the jacksees today at a traffic light, stationary and all.

BMW old 3 series Aussie driver rams straight into the back of me... Me run out of the car ready for anything... he opens the door and saids:

"Sorry mate, I WAS LOOKING DOWN AND DIDNT SEE YOU"

WELL WHAT THE **** WERE YOU DOING LOOKING DOWN YOU ****?

I lost my rag as i saw the whole thing slow motion and observed him looking down through my rear mirror, the IDIOCY of the man. THE PURE ******* CARELESSNESS OF THE MAN. Some people just don't deserve to be on the road, I HATE THESE PEOPLE WHO DRIVES WITHOUT ANY DUE CARE.

GET THE ***** OFF THE ROAD YOU ******

Sorry... Rant over. :censor:

Now i am not too sure whether to claim or not? There are damage to the bumper...

If there is any damage at all then make a claim against the other drivers insurance. At the very least you should go to a main dealer and get a written quote for the cost of repairs and give the other driver the opperchancity to give you the cash.. in cash.

Did the accident get reported to the police? The reason I ask is because it is all to easy for someone to give false details, I would always call the police in the event of an accident, no matter how minor the damage, unless I got cash for the repairs on the spot.

I am very sorry that this happened to you, those drivers get me angry too. I am driving behind some car which is going very slow. And when I pass it or look carefully from the back, I can see that the driver is writing SMS/talking on the phone, or maybe brushing her hair... :censor: Can't even imagine what whould I do and say if that kind of driving would lead to an accident. :ffs:

Yes I agree with cfc1 that you should always call the police or make some report with the other driver's signature (+ maybe some witness should sign it too) and get their addresses and telephone numbers if you don't want to call the police. Without doing so you can get one more sad surprise when the driver denies everything! Hope you did it right and will get some justice :)

Best regards, Alex

Now i am not too sure whether to claim or not? There are damage to the bumper...

Sorry to hear that, buddy! :( This happened to me on the 5-th day after taking the car out of the dealership, when it had less than 200 km on the clock! :ffs: You should DEFFINITELY claim it! At first glance, there was no damage to my car, other than some paintjob. When they took off the bumper, turned out there was pretty bad damage underneath - the energy absorbing element under the bumper was smashed (I had stopped at a traffic light, like you and the other driver hit me at abou 40 km/h :censor: ) So, you should deffinitely take it to an authorized dealer shop and take off the bumper and claim the damage!

Sorry to hear that, buddy! :( This happened to me on the 5-th day after taking the car out of the dealership, when it had less than 200 km on the clock! :ffs: You should DEFFINITELY claim it! At first glance, there was no damage to my car, other than some paintjob. When they took off the bumper, turned out there was pretty bad damage underneath - the energy absorbing element under the bumper was smashed (I had stopped at a traffic light, like you and the other driver hit me at abou 40 km/h :censor: ) So, you should deffinitely take it to an authorized dealer shop and take off the bumper and claim the damage!

Just to back up what everyone else has said really.

In the event of a rear shunt, no matter how minor, you should always take the other drivers details in the first instance ,and try and get a witness, ( the driver behind the car that hit you is always a good option ) and then definately get the car checked over professionally as they know what to look for, what may not be obvious to you is easily spotted by them. I know as i speak from experience, because during the course of my job, i have been rear ended no fewer than 9 times , also you might want to make a visit to see your GP ( ASAP ), as the effects of wiplash can sometimes have a delayed reaction, and i'm sure £1500 to £3000 will come in very handy as a form of compo for your suffering :P

As i see it you are out of pocket, you should go to the hospital complain of back pains and tell them about the accident "put a claim in" also phone your local cop shop and check the reg of the other car involved they will let you know if the car has insurance ect.

My wife and i got over £6000 for whiplash a few years back she more than i as a passenger, if you got insurance they will sort your claim and get your car sorted, whilst you sit back.

As i see it you are out of pocket, you should go to the hospital complain of back pains and tell them about the accident "put a claim in" also phone your local cop shop and check the reg of the other car involved they will let you know if the car has insurance ect.

My wife and i got over £6000 for whiplash a few years back she more than i as a passenger, if you got insurance they will sort your claim and get your car sorted, whilst you sit back.

Thanks for your replies... Not too sure why i posted this but i just wanted to vent some anger.

I got his details and took pictures of the car, reg, location etc. Unfortunately it was absolutely pouring down at the time and didnt have time to clarify all details, but i phoned my insurance straight away to report it as information only first, as i didnt get to assess the damages, it was just too wet.

It transpires that the bumper is intact, but there are bad depressions on the plastics and the top of the bumper is lipped. I will be claiming.

Incidentally the guy gave me a phone number and a lady answers it and claims that this guy never goes there, but know who he is. I smell dodge in this... I might call the cop shops and give them the reg number to check out.

Does this claim affect my insurance adversely? Even though he had admitted liability and as long as he is insured all cost should be recovered?

Thanks for your replies... Not too sure why i posted this but i just wanted to vent some anger.

I got his details and took pictures of the car, reg, location etc. Unfortunately it was absolutely pouring down at the time and didnt have time to clarify all details, but i phoned my insurance straight away to report it as information only first, as i didnt get to assess the damages, it was just too wet.

It transpires that the bumper is intact, but there are bad depressions on the plastics and the top of the bumper is lipped. I will be claiming.

Incidentally the guy gave me a phone number and a lady answers it and claims that this guy never goes there, but know who he is. I smell dodge in this... I might call the cop shops and give them the reg number to check out.

Does this claim affect my insurance adversely? Even though he had admitted liability and as long as he is insured all cost should be recovered?

You may have to pay the access up front once the repair is completed and the vehicle returned however you can claim this back from the other side, i have no idea what your insurance policy includes such as no claims bonus protected you will have to to take that up with your insurance company to confirm what is what, i would now go ahead with a further claim for whiplash as bali says this can creep up on you even though you may feel ok at the moment and plus it can re-occur over and over during your life.

I have my no claims protected but this is still something that i need to declare, and if so then i assume that it has bearings on my premiums.

That's what gets me mad...

As for Personal Injuries, i will consider this as i actually do feel a twinge.

@ Pat2U.. Ppl who tell people to claim for injuries when nothing is wrong is wots ********ed up everyones insurance

thanks mate

@ Pat2U.. Ppl who tell people to claim for injuries when nothing is wrong is wots ********ed up everyones insurance

thanks mate

Anyone who has been in a back end accident will know back problems can and do arise, what do we pay insurance for, it would be an ideal world if we did not have to be involved in accidents or car thefts ect but its a fact of life they do happen.

My wife still suffers from her injuries from our rear ending and had a broken coxit at the base of her spine and unable to walk due to the accident and that was found months after our accident in 1991. so i say to all see a GP and make a claim if told to do so, your GP or hospital are not going to lie on your behalf if you are a genuine person with a genuine claim, and in closing i will say the few quid paid to us did not pay for my loss of wages for the time i spent looking after my children whilst my wife was ill with her injuries.

thanks mate

whilst claims do push peoples premiums up, injury claims are not entirely responsible, i think you will find that its the tos=sers that drive arround uninsured that are in the main responsible

The last survey i saw stated that there are as many as 1 in 5 drivers, driving arround uninsured in London , and as i have found to my cost, 4 out of the 9 drivers that have rear ended me were uninsured ,

which meant that my insurers could not recover their costs, and i was out of pocket by way of insurance excess, loss of earnings ec.t . 3 of the 4 gave me false details and were never traced, whilst the 4th was taken to court and ordered to pay me the princely sum of £2.50 per week untill the amount of my claim had been settled :censor: The uninsured are the ones for me, where the fingers should be pointed.

The thing is if you don't claim the next bloke will, now i know that last comment will have a few climbing onto their high horse and adopting the moral high ground, two wrongs don't make a right e.c.t, but its a fact, and i'm 100% behind pat2u .

thanks mate

whilst claims do push peoples premiums up, injury claims are not entirely responsible, i think you will find that its the tos=sers that drive arround uninsured that are in the main responsible

The last survey i saw stated that there are as many as 1 in 5 drivers, driving arround uninsured in London , and as i have found to my cost, 4 out of the 9 drivers that have rear ended me were uninsured ,

which meant that my insurers could not recover their costs, and i was out of pocket by way of insurance excess, loss of earnings ec.t . 3 of the 4 gave me false details and were never traced, whilst the 4th was taken to court and ordered to pay me the princely sum of £2.50 per week untill the amount of my claim had been settled :censor: The uninsured are the ones for me, where the fingers should be pointed.

The thing is if you don't claim the next bloke will, now i know that last comment will have a few climbing onto their high horse and adopting the moral high ground, two wrongs don't make a right e.c.t, but its a fact, and i'm 100% behind pat2u .

@bali hi

£2.50 a week what a laugh.

Thank you for saying you are 100% behind me but as a driver since 1967 and paying my insurance yearly with just one claim i feel i have not ripped any company off. My comments was not aimed or intended at producing a topic that members may or may not take the moral high ground or have a pop at me, i was just stating a fact that to many drivers on the road today without morals and are prepared to drive like idiots as T Sport 1978 and yourself have today proved they are still out there and more should be done to get them off our roads or give them a sever prison sentance.

I hope we can now get back to the thread and helping this guy out with this issue he has raised.

Well, i have claimed for the damages and luckily it turns out the guy is with Admiral (so at least he is insured)... My insurance said i wouldnt even need to pay excess as they see it as a clear cut 3rd party liability.

Balli Hi, i feel for you mate and i agree that the uninsured are the ones who are to blame for the state of insurance cost.

As for personal injuries I will not hestitate to claim IF i or my partner have any symptoms after this accident, incidentally both of us are feeling a twinge and when she recounted the incident she actually thought that i stalled and was going to have a go at me for stalling as it actually hurt her neck at the time.

I am going to give it a few more days and see how we are, if we claim it would be because we really are affected by it and i wouldn't bat an eye lid for claiming.

Thanks for all the input though. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links